Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

AW - My Dress Came In!

I am so excited I had to share somewhere.. My dress came in today! I was so excited to try it on in my size, after some arm toning and once my hair is actually done it will be perfect on the big day! It needs some slight alterations in the boobs because I have none and a bustle, does anyone have any suggestions on what kind I should get? 

Anyone else want to share a picture of them in their dress?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: AW - My Dress Came In!

• Options
    One other question as well, does anyone have any tips/tricks for walking upstairs in this kind of dress? I have to get up 5 stairs before I turn to the aisle and yes, everyone will be able to see me.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    So beautiful!!

Talk to your seamstress, she will be able to give you the best advise on the bustle. Mine is snaps which is super easy and convenient, but my sister's lace dress used ribbon which was a bit more complicated. For the steps, I'd bustle before you leave the house, and then have your MOH/mom/friend unbustle once you're at the top of the stairs.
  • Options
    Wow, you look stunning! You are going to be one beautiful bride <3

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Very pretty!
  • Options
    Beautiful! Yes talked to the seamstress about best bustle type for the dress. As for walking up the steps, just pick up the dress in front so that your feet clear the dress, you don't need to worry about the train - I am assuming you mean the steps go into the sanctuary or wherever the ceremony is being held. My daughter had to walk up several steps to the altar area and just picked up the skirt in front - no problem.
  • Options
    Beautiful dress!!!
  • Options
    Definitely talk to your seamstress about your bustle, but I think a French bustle would look great with your dress.  Or you could do a French bustle on the under layer and then an over bustle on the top lace layers.

As for walking up some stairs, just pick up your dress.  If you are walking with someone you could always hand off our bouquet to them, use both hands to pick up your dress and then have the person with you hold one arm to help you up the stairs and to make sure you don't trip.

But I love the lace hem line on your dress.  Such a pretty detail!

• Options
    It's beautiful! I love it!

Are you talking about walking in for the ceremony or the reception. If for the ceremony and you won't have a bustle in, I'd play it safe and just hold up the front as I walked up the stair as to not trip on the front. 

• Options
    Thanks everyone.. I'm blushing over here. It makes it seem to real when you get the dress! I have an appointment with a seamstress in two weeks to take in the bust and bustle so we will talk it all over then, hopefully it looks as good bustled as it does when it's all out pretty. 

As for the stairs, we're getting married in a lodge so I walk up 5 stairs with my dad, then take a couple steps through guests and turn 90 degrees to walk down the aisle. So it's when I'm starting to walk that I hit the stairs with my dad, I was just trying to figure out the best way to hold the bouquet, his arm, and my dress! Bless his heart though he said he wants to come over to my house and practice stairs with me in the dress. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You should consider a French bustle for sure.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone.. I'm blushing over here. It makes it seem to real when you get the dress! I have an appointment with a seamstress in two weeks to take in the bust and bustle so we will talk it all over then, hopefully it looks as good bustled as it does when it's all out pretty. 

As for the stairs, we're getting married in a lodge so I walk up 5 stairs with my dad, then take a couple steps through guests and turn 90 degrees to walk down the aisle. So it's when I'm starting to walk that I hit the stairs with my dad, I was just trying to figure out the best way to hold the bouquet, his arm, and my dress! Bless his heart though he said he wants to come over to my house and practice stairs with me in the dress. 
    In that case, if it were me (I'm extremely clumsy) I would ask your dad to hold your bouquet as you go up the stair so you can hold your dress, then once you get to the top he can hand you the bouquet and you can hold his arm

• Options
    emmaaa said:

In that case, if it were me (I'm extremely clumsy) I would ask your dad to hold your bouquet as you go up the stair so you can hold your dress, then once you get to the top he can hand you the bouquet and you can hold his arm
    That is a great idea and I'm sure dad wouldn't mind at all!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Gorgeous!  

I just did a one point over bustle as my lace dress had some really pretty detailing right where the "picked up" fabric sat.  We looked at doing a french bustle but it didn't look quite right with the lace pattern.  So, when you meet with your seamstress, have her play around with it while you can see it and decide which way you like.  

My seamstress also told me to keep some white safety pins handy, in case the bustle broke since one point over bustles are known for doing that.  Thankfully mine stayed put, but it was a great tip.  

Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    Also is this what you meant by pics of us in our dress?  Bahaha this one cracks me up.  image
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    Also is this what you meant by pics of us in our dress?  Bahaha this one cracks me up.  image
    Yes, that is EXACTLY what I mean by pics of you in your dress! I love this! Looks like you are having so much fun!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Stunning! No advice, but hot damn you're gonna look amazing!

• Options

Stunning! No advice, but hot damn you're gonna look amazing!

Haha, thanks! You sure know how to make a girl feel good!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards