Not Engaged Yet

Faux Friday ;)

GOOD MORNING, NEY! 

Today is my Friday and I'm gearing up for one of the best (long) weekends EVAR. 

I'm heading out of work at little early so I can go food (pizza rolls, woot woot!) and booze shopping. I get to FT with @labro, @southernpeach89, and Baby Callie tonight, @GoldenPenguin and Mr. @GoldenPenguin will be arriving around 8:30, and @csousa1 will be arriving around 9. 

Tomorrow us girls (ahem, women) are running for manis and pedis in the morning and then we're all hitting the road for @beanbot2002's wedding festivities!!!!!!!!!! The rehearsal and RD are tomorrow night and I can't wait to see our girl! 

Saturday will be one of my most beautiful and emotional weddings I've ever been to, I'm sure. I'm getting misty just thinking about it. I can't wait to stand up there next to @beanbot2002 and celebrate with her. She's going to be stunning. Ok enough tears for today! I also can't wait to boogie with my ladies and H (who's a dancing machine, for those that don't know). 

Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday will be spent gallivanting around DC for H's and my little mini getaway. On the agenda: Dolphins game at a Dolphins bar, Eagles game at an Eagles bar,  Museum of American History, the Holocaust Museum, National Archives, lunch with the @beanbot2002 Fam, fancy dinner with my studmuffin, maybe a stop at the National Zoo, and then heading home Tuesday.

And I have off work on Wednesday for Veteran's Day. 6 day weekend FTW. 

Re: Faux Friday ;)

• Aww your weekend is going to be awesome @swazzle! Can't wait to see pics from @beanbot2002's wedding. 
    You have almost a week off, I'm jealous! We don't get Veteran's Day off :(  

Yesterday I planned on leaving work early because I felt crappy but I kept myself busy and stayed the whole day. Then I didn't do my 5 mile video when I got home because I can't not try on my SF stuff immediately. I was exhausted last night. I really don't want to be here today. 

• I have 2 complaints: 

1) Work is so insanely busy so I've been unable to finish the last 18 pages of my book. 

2) I really want to browse H&M-Balmain collection but their website is overloaded and won't open. 

• @TwoDimes - Love the video.  I heard about this, but hadn't seen/listened to it!!
  • @swazzle - Your six day weekend sounds amazing!

@lavenderfields13 - Was it a good Fix?

@cocobellaf - I'm with you on that sentiment.

I have to spend all day at the State House because there's a budget amendment hearing that will directly affect my program. As a state employee I'm not allowed to testify, which is frustrating. It will be a very long day of sitting and waiting. My boss is taking us to lunch after, though, so that will be nice (though bad for the diet).

Possibly TMI, but since surgery my hormones are completely out of whack, and about every two weeks I get really bad period symptoms, and bloat like crazy. I only spot a little (Mirena), but my boobs feel like they're in a vise and my uterus feels like it's going to fall out my butt. I typically gain like 3-4 lbs. which drives me mad. Aaaand I PMS like crazy. I'm in the throes of that right now and all I want to do is hide under my duvet with a heating pad today. 
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Love & Splits
    A blog about running and life with pituitary tumors
  • Good morning!

Just popping in real quick since I have to cover another area for a couple of hours, so if you don't hear from me that's why!

@swazzle I'm so excited for your weekend!

@cocobellaf sorry about your crappy day

@twodimes I don't even know what the CMT awards are, if it's country then that's why because I don't listen to country music.

------------------------------------------------

Yesterday I got out of work early to meet with with H for his urologist appointment (also, if I'm talking too much about this stuff, LMK) and all his blood work came back normal. The urologist thinks there's nothing wrong and IVF is just a numbers game so we at least felt better that there's nothing genetic going on!

We got home and I made the HC healthy singapore shrimp meal (whatever it's called) and it was SO GOOD. It inspired me to make a lo carb shrimp lo mein for lunch next week. I might go to BBB and get a zoodler. After dinner we just lounged around the couch and watched Tosh.0. I also studied for my state boards and the highest score I got was a 75%, you have to have a score of 70% or more to pass. I'm fucked. Worst case scenario is that I have a few more chances to take the state boards before I have to go back to school and put in 350-ish hours plus take the state exam. Lesson to self: keep your state licenses up, dammit.

Today is work, then H and I have therapy and we'll probably go to the sub shop nearby if it isn't mobbed with university students or we'll just have leftovers.

I'm also FINALLY finishing painting my kitchen next weekend so I'm excited to do that. It shouldn't take too long, it's just going to be a pain in the ass to move the fridge.

My wedding photographer is doing holiday photo sessions and it's when my parents are down here, I'm trying to convince my parents to go with us and have their picture taken, but they HATE having their pictures taken, which is why I want to do it! She (the photographer) decorates her studio so nice that it's worth the money to do it. If anything I might just do it with just H and I and Quigley.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @swazzle - Sounds like an awesome weekend! Enjoy!!!

@helloliv - UGHHH those symtpoms sound awful. Hugs!

@lavenderfields13 - Feel better!

I worked late last night and came home to find my dog had pooped on the fucking couch. For years she knew she wasn't allowed on the couch unless we brought her up, but in the last 6 months she has started going up when we aren't home. FI insists it's not a big deal, but I still think a dog should listen to its owner,even on something small. Well....this was the last straw. FI finally agreed it's not OK and therefore we can't bring her up on the couch for snuggles anymore. It sucks but it seems to be the only way she learns. Thankfully I was able to clean the cushions.

Today I am WFH because I volunteered to go to a client meeting this afternoon. It's about a 90 minute drive each way so that will be a big chunk of my day.
  • edited November 2015
    @buddysmom80 - My H has his first appt with the urologist tomorrow morning.  PM me what to expect, please?

@peaseblossom55 - Can I come over for enchiladas?  Make mine with extra (triple) cheese, please!!

@helloliv - I'm pretty sure mine is hormonal, too.  I feel like PMDD is creeping up early on me.  Hormones are the suckiest.  Ever.  Wish we could both get into some PJs, sip a hot drink, and just be at home today.
  • @peaseblossom55 - Your hair looks awesome!  I also love the necklace and the pumpkin.  Enchiladas sound much needed and awesome.

@jenjen047 - Ugh, poop on the couch!  Was she sick or was it "just because"?
  • The Balmain collection is hysterical, in case anyone was wondering. 

@helloliv - Ugh that sounds miserable! Hormones are the suck and I hope you feel better ASAP. HUGS. 

@buddysmom80 - You're going to rock the test! 

@peaseblossom55 - I made black quinoa and red bean (vegetarian) enchiladas from a Blue Apron recipe a while back and they were INCREDIBLE. Let me know if you want me to find the recipe sometime! 

@jenjen047 - Oh no! Poop on the couch is no good. I'm glad it was cleanable. 

@minskat30 - We're going to miss you so much while you're gone :(

@labro - I WILL SEE YOUR FACE TONIGHT! 

• @Swazzle I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!

• @helloliv, it must SUCK to have PMS symptoms like that all the time. Did you bring it up with your doctor? They might be able to give you something to regulate your hormones. I know there's hormones in the Mirena but probably not enough especially all that you've been through. Sending you hugs and a heating pad!

@peaseblossom55 I'm glad therapy is working out for you! I agree that sometimes you have to focus on things that make you happy. I used to knit and crochet a lot and I just stopped when we were going through all this infertility crap. Like the last time I had actual fun was when @swazzle (and her BFF), @goldenpenguin, @csousa1 (and her sister) and @hummingbird125 came over. That was in July. So I made a goal for myself to start knitting and crocheting stuff now to sell at holiday bazaars for next year.

@jenjen047 I'm sorry what happened with your couch! My dog would be so pissed if we didn't let him on the couch. He's usually on there with us when H and I are hanging out on there! He even has a favorite spot where he watches me cook dinner.

@cocobellaf I'll send you a PM in a few minutes.

@minskat30 I have my fingers crossed too since this is our last chance!

@labro that gif sums up my day so far!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80 - Glad you got good news from the doctor!

@peaseblossom55 - Fingers crossed you don't get sick! I'm about to go stalk those pics you posted.

@minskat30 - I can't WAIT to see pics from India! Fingers crossed the travel part goes smoothly though....

@swazzle @minskat30 @buddysmom80 - I don't know if she was sick because it wasn't a lot and there wasn't any other poop in the house. I honestly wonder if she sharted...... who knows. She's about to move to my mom's house until July so I will task my mom with keeping her off the furniture.
  • @helloliv Check out the SF thread for the HIDEOUS orange sweater I received. Besides that it wasn't bad. PMS symptoms every 2 weeks sounds like hell, I'm sorry you have to deal with all this crap :(

@jenjen047 Poop on the couch sounds pretty awful, I would have cried. 

• @swazzle I just checked out the Balmain collection. What the actual fuck? 

• @beanbot2002 I can't wait to see all the pictures and hear about everything! 

@swazzle, @goldenpenguin, @csousa1 - take lots of pictures!

@helloliv ugh that sounds horrible, fingers crossed everything goes well

@buddysmom80 keeping my fingers crossed for you

@jenjen047 do you think it was a spiteful incident or was this a one time thing?  My mom has a maltese and he's a spiteful little brat. But he only pees anywhere, if he does anything else, it is usually a sign that he's sick. 

So last night was interesting.  After work we went for our couples massage.  If you have never gone, I highly suggest because you will be entertained. Basically, my bf was very concerned about getting a boner so kept talking about dinosaurs and giggling.  

After our massages we went out to dinner.  It was ok, until the end.  We're pretty sure our server tried to steal from us.  I had a giftcard that had $34 and some change on it.  My bf was paying the remainder of the bill with cash so he put down a $100 bill.  The guy came back with our change and it was for the amount of the entire bill.  Giftcard was missing, so was the receipt.  So we asked if someone could grab our server, and miraculously our gift card was found.  Then we couldn't decide what to do for a tip.  We generally tip 20% or more, and up until that moment had received excellent service.  We debated for awhile what we should do, and ended up leaving a 12% tip. So I'm curious, would anyone have not left a tip?
  • @lavenderfields13 - All of it's on eBay already. The one white/black dress is up for like $1400. 

• @buddysmom80 I hope this IVF cycle works.  PM me if you just want to chat about, nothing is TMI to me anymore

@cocobellaF you are welcome to stop by ;-)

@swazzle H would not like that enchilada recipe but I would. link please!

Anniversary

• @Peaseblossom55 - CLICK! I didn't think my H would love it but it was actually in his top 3 Blue Apron recipes ever. 

• Morning ladies!

Sounds like it'll be an exciting weekend for most of you for @beanbot2002 wedding! :) ENJOY!! Can't wait to see the photos!

Last night was my exam. I think I did well. I went through it multiple times and on last time - legit before I gave up and left - I caught an answer that would have cost me multiple marks! Crap.

2 days until weekend away, 2 loads of laundry done. I am on the ball on this! Lmao!

Tonight is mainly cleaning and packing before going away. Trying to figure out what to wear is hard :( I have narrowed it down to 3 dresses .... I need to figure that out tonight.
    Also my undercut is getting rebuzzed tonight and I'm pimping out my tea also {which I did last night also ....}

Tomorrow I think I'll get Matt to meet me down the street so I can get these brows waxed ... urg! I cannot maintain them myself very well :(

Uhm .... yup. That's about it. Busy day here at work getting stuff together for next week's files
  • @Swazzle I had to go look at that Balmain collection... how could anyone wear that crap? I don't understand fashion.

@jenjen047 At least it wasn't pee? My ex's couch was ruined because he refused to train the dog and she would pee on the couch all the time.

@minskat30 I hope you have safe travels! I look forward to the AW post when you return!

Yesterday at work I kept feeling more and more crappy, so when I got home I had to take meds and lay down. Luckily that made me feel better so I was able to meet up with BF's fam for his brother's bday dinner. Once I got home from that I crashed though. I still feel like garbage today but I have a lot of work to do.

I finished my first knitting project the other day, an infinity scarf, and have started a new one (another infinity scarf). Scarves for days! My neck shall be warm this winter.

• @speakeasy14 - I don't think it was spiteful. She never has accidents in the house. She might have been sick, who knows. If she was sick or couldn't hold it for some other reason, I wouldn't be mad. I'm just mad she did it on the couch. Gr. Also dying about your BF and the massages. I like couples massages but one time FI fell asleep and started snoring and that kind of ruined it for me so now we just go simultaneously, but in separate rooms. Also re: the server....I probably would have done the same thing. And also spoken to a manager just to make him aware in case it is a pattern.

@wink0erin - Yes I guess it was better than pee!
  • Happy wedding weekend @beanbot2002 I can't wait to hear all about the festivities!

@cocobellaf I hear you, I'm not feeling it today either. Womp womp
    @minskat30 I'm hoping that you get everything done before you go to India!

I hope everyone is having a great day! Today is so warm for November!!

Last night I planned on making blue apron but my H was craving pizza and wouldn't let it go. So we went to have some coal fired pizza and it was so good. We did half goat cheese veggie and the other half was clam with fingerling potatoes and rosemary. It was amazing. Tonight I will make the BA pork meatballs. Hoping it's enough food for H because sometimes the meals are filling and sometimes I have to add more for him because it's too skimpy. 

I wish that I could spend all day here chatting with you ladies instead of going to my next class....ugh the bell just rang.

• @Swazzle - RE the Balmain collection...WTF?  There are a couple of things in there that I would wear, but only if I felt like playing dress up.

@Minskat30 - I hope you can get everything taken care of and take a little time to relax before your trip!

@speakeasy14 - I probably would have done exactly what you and your BF did.  I have a hard time not tipping at all, no matter what happens.

I'm having a blah day too.  I think part of it's the weather--it's been gray and rainy here all week and I don't remember the last day it was actually sunny.  I am so exhausted today that I am basically falling asleep at my desk.  And all the work I have to do today is reading-related, which isn't going to help.

The good news is that I have salmon to look forward to when I get home.  I think I'm going to cook it in olive oil with a bit of Cajun seasoning and then eat it on top of a salad with sesame-ginger dressing.  Noms noms noms noms.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards