South Carolina-Charleston
Options

Vendor Review

This has taken a little while to post, but wanted to share some vendor reviews from my daughter's July wedding at the Legare Waring House!   Hers was our third (and last) Charleston wedding in 5 years.  A few of our vendors were with us for more than 1 wedding and became like family!   Charleston has so many great people in the wedding industry, I think we had the cream of the crop celebrating with us! :)

Venue:  the Legare Ware House

This venue at Charleston Landing is absolutely spectacular!  Julie Ann and her crew are amazing to work with.  They help you with every detail.  My daughter was married under the Avenue of the Oaks and then had a tented reception near the house.  The views of the oaks and the water are gorgeous.  You have the use of the house and the beautiful bridal/grooms rooms.  You are able to bring your own caterer and bar to this venue which makes it even more appealing.  Our guests are still talking about how perfect the setting was. 

Photographer:  Jenna Marie Weddings

Jenna has photographed all three of my daughters!  Two for their weddings and one for her maternity photos.  She is an amazing photographer with a personality to match!   She made everyone feel very comfortable in front of the camera, even my camera shy son-in-laws!   Her photographs capture every special moment without you knowing she is there.  We didn't want so many posed shots, and she knew just the ones to take!   She is very reasonably priced, is very quick to get a sneak peek to you, and is very responsive to emails and questions.  She really is part of the family now....We love her! :)

Band:  Permanent Vacation

Again, a repeat vendor for our family!  PV is THE BEST!!!  For both weddings they learned special request songs and played them like they been performing them for years!  Michael and the rest of the band are very talented musicians and singers and really know how to get the party started and keep it going all night.  They interact with the crowd and keep everyone dancing.  For the number of performers in their group and their experience and talent level, they are VERY reasonably priced.  I've been to several weddings where I know the bands have commanded a higher fee.  None of them has played to the crowd better or had a better sound than Permanent Vacation.   I've had friends book them for their weddings after hearing them at ours!   This will be one of the best investments you make for your wedding if you book them!

Florist/Planner:  WildFlowers, Inc 

Beth at WildFlowers did both the flowers and coordination.  She listened to my daughter's vision for the wedding, studied photos of flowers she liked and turned the day into a day she'll never forget.  The flowers were absolutely breathtaking.  All the décor items and little personal touches were perfect.  If you use Beth for flowers and coordination, she offers a discount and has tons of décor that is included.   I really don't know what I would have done without Beth.  She kept this frazzled Mother of the Bride calm when things sometimes got a little crazy!  She always emailed me back quickly and never made me feel like I was being a pest.  Her prices are great and again...the flowers are just unbelievably beautiful! 

Cake:  Events by Elaine

Elaine for the 3-peat!  We booked Elaine originally after tasting her fabulous cake at a friend's wedding in 2010.  She has done all three of our weddings and each cake has just been fantastic.  She is very responsive to emails and offers a tasting to help you decide on the flavor.  Each time she has nailed the vision we had for the cake design and the cake itself is the best wedding cake you'll ever eat!!

Caterer:  Royal Grand Events

Curtis at Royal Grand...hands down....best caterer in Charleston!  Again a repeat vendor, Curtis is so talented and creative with his food presentation.  He is genuinely a wonderful person, very responsive to emails.  I could never understand how I'd email him (no matter what time of day or night) and he'd usually email me back in a few minutes!  We changed the menu and the guest count on him several times and he never blinked.  His food is amazing....guests are still talking about it!   He is very reasonably priced for the quality of his food and menu, and he can provide bar service as well. 

Hair/Makeup:  Pink Dot Beauty Bar

Ashley Burg and her crew insured that the bridal party....all 12 of them....were gorgeous for the big day! They offer a special room for bridal parties and will put together gift bags if you choose.   We were able to bring in food while we got ready making for a fun, relaxing time before the wedding.

Invitations:  Sincerely Yours

We found this great Etsy shop and she did the design for the invitation and all the signage for the wedding and reception.  Andrea was VERY responsive to emails, offered great pricing and made changes as needed.  We were very pleased with the final product.  She is a very talented graphic designer.  Very glad we went with her!    https://www.etsy.com/shop/angiacalone

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards