New York-Long Island
Options

Looking For A Venue On The Water

Hi Ladies,I live in Westchester and got married a few years ago, but a friend of mine is looking to get married by the water in LI.  Are there any suggestions or recommendations you can make?  We're not familiar with the are so I figured this may be a good place to ask.Thanks!

Re: Looking For A Venue On The Water

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My FBIL is getting married at The Riviera in Massapequa and it's right on the water. I haven't seen it yet but him and his fiance both love it!
  • Options
    xxdacute1xxxxdacute1xx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    were getting married at the venetian yacht club and absolutely fell in loveee with it! tell her to try there!
  • Options
    alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    info in bio.one event at a time (huge for us) and gorgeous.

• Options
    scoobyd266scoobyd266 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Chateau La Mer, which is on the water in Lindenhurst LI. I love it!! It is beautiful! I have also been to weddings at both the Riviera and the Venetian Yacht Club, and both of them are very nice as well.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If I didn't book the Swan Club, I was going to check out the Bridgeview Yacht Club in Island Park, LI.
  • Options
    lm3898lm3898 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     I'm getting married at the Montauk Yacht Club which is beautiful & on the water, also Gurney's in Montauk is nice and I recently went to a wedding at the Crescent Beach Club and it was nice, that's in Bayville, NY.  Good luck.
  • Options
    cdmlscdmls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Villa Lombardis just opened a brand new place on water in patchogue.... my bridal shower was actually just there.... its gorgeous!!!!!!!!! Not sure how many people it holds but deff check it out!!!!!!
  • Options
    angelenvyangelenvy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Bridgeview in Island Park. The room was beautiful, food was good. I was very surprised since I only know Bridgeview as a night club!Captain Bills is great (Oakdale I think?)Venetian is really nice as well. I've worked for Entertainment Companies and walked though a lot of kitchens lol...Venetian is super clean and the views are very pretty!Crescent Beach club is great as well!
  • Options
    flinn017flinn017 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I checked out the riviera in massapequa.  We really like it (we may have to give it a second look).I've been to Land's End in Sayville, on the south shore.  We really liked it there.  We are actually going to check it out to be a possible venue of ours.But. . I can't ever complain about villa lombardis!  Villa lomardis on the sound in port jeff is amazing!  I went to a wedding there last august, and my cousin is getting married there next june.  beautiful cocktail hour, nice deck overlooking the water.  The sunset was unbelievable!!  If we hadn't been to a bunch of weddings at both lombardi locations, that would have been our first stop!-suzanne
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are getting maried at the Riveria in massapequa.. we love it, we have the whole place to our selfs and we love the outside right on the water..... look at the website
  • Options
    auntie44auntie44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you haven't booked yet, try looking on the North Shore of LI.  The Thatched Cottage is located directly on beautiful Long Island Sound.  Terrific sunsets and lovely place.  Rave reviews on their food too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Trumpets at the Gate  - super classy
    Gurney's Inn
    Old Field Vineyards over looks Peconic Bay
    East by Northeast or The Harvest
    Oaklands in Hampton Bays
    These venues are not wedding factiories
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards