Not Engaged Yet
Options

Magical Monday

I am in an excellent mood this morning despite it being Monday, sorry! Yesterday was my last day at Starbucks and I feel so good! I thought it would be harder to leave but it wasn't, and I was so touched by all the customers who came to say goodbye and good luck to me :) As soon as I clocked out I walked two doors down to my favorite nail place and got a much needed manicure! I haven't had my nails done in FOREVER and usually only do them when I am going on vacation or something. I am a major nail biter so I decided to get tips so wouldn't be able to bite so much and so that my hands would be prettier lol. The polish I chose was Essie's Frock and Roll, because I like to choose colors that describe my mood. Overall I am happy about it!

Today the plan is to do some cleaning, some homework, and just enjoy the day between jobs :) I have dinner with an old friend tonight to celebrate and tomorrow I finally get to start my new job! Yay!!

Re: Magical Monday

• Options
    @CocoBellaF I'm getting my first Stitch Fix on Thursday too! I wanted to see if I can use anything on my Thanksgiving trip but I don't know if I'll keep wanting to receive fixes after this one.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    @untouchablets Congrats on your last day! 

@cocobellaF Vibes for your H! Please send me some lemon pound cake, I LOVE lemon!

Friday I left work early to rest and try to get rid of my cold. I spent the afternoon and night watching Degrassi High. Then I realized Degrassi The Next Generation is not available anywhere online for free streaming so I will have to buy the DVDs to continue my marathon :(

Saturday I went to the Christmas festival with MIL. It wasn't bad, we were only there for a couple hours and I know she was really happy I went with her. She wanted to look at all the jewelry booths- she makes jewelry so she likes to see other people's work. I think she was trying to figure out what I liked too because she kept pointing things out. We do NOT have the same taste at all so I had to keep politely saying "That's nice but not really something that's my style". The woman has known me for almost 10 years and sees me at work, outside of work and still can't figure out that I barely wear jewelry and I don't like the same stuff she does lol. 
    Then when I got home I did some laundry and started a new book "The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes". I read and watched Degrassi until H got home and then we watched an episode of The Leftovers. We're still behind 2 episodes now.

Sunday we were going to look at a truck that H was interested in but it sold the day before so he was pretty bummed. He watched football all day while I read and then we went to dinner.
    Today is work, food shopping and then dinner. The broker that was selling the house for our previous landlord had given us a Groupon for a restaurant and it expires in a couple days so we're trying it out tonight. 

• Options
    @lavenderfields13 - That is still something my own mother does.  We just don't have the same taste at all, and we are learning to just "appreciate" the other person's style.  ;)
  • Options
    @cu97tiger - It hasn't been shipped yet, so I keep checking to see if it ships so I can stalk away!
  • Options
    @Jstump2 The remodel looks great!!! I made a honey-do list for H this weekend of projects I wanted to think about for this winter/the next year or two and one of those was new bathroom countertops. We remodeled most of our guest bathroom but decided to hold off on a new countertop until we did our master bath.

@AlPacina I can't wait to see all the things!!!

• Options
    Very nice job on the remodel, @JStump2!!
  • Options
    Thanks @labro having a handy H is the best! After this the nursery is the only thing left and pretty much our whole house will have been updated.

THank you @cocobellaf :)
  • Options
    @Jstump2 What are your nursery plans so far? Can you share pics??? H and I remodeled the nursery for @southernpeach89's LO and I really loved how everything turned out!

• Options
    @cu97tiger Yeah I love them! I will definitely be keeping them, they're not to expensive and I just feel much more feminine with them. My nails and hands are just so messed up from washing them all the time, the chemicals they were always in to keep things sanitized at work, and my anxious nail biting. There is a chance my nails will get stronger since I no longer have to deal with so many cleaning chemicals but I'm not sure.

@futuremrshistorian That is a good attitude to have about your trip but I would also be very suspicious lol just try not to think about it!

• Options
    My weekend was exciting because I got to go shopping! I got 2 pairs of pants for work, 2 pairs of heels, and a few new tops. I love getting new things, maybe especially since I don't go shopping that often. I also picked up my wedding gown from getting cleaned/preserved. It only took a year but I'm glad I did it. I left my veil out though in case it can ever be re-used. It was actually my mom's veil so it's very special to me.
    Sunday H and I worked in the yard and planted some esparanza plants along our fence line. They are small now but once they start growing I think it will look beautiful!

@untouchablets - That's great! I'm glad you got to leave happy, and without any awkwardness. I hope you enjoy your new job - you'll of course have to tell us how it goes!
    @Peaseblossom55 - Glad the appointment went well!
    @CocoBellaF - That's exciting! I can't wait to get my 2nd SF at the end of the month. My first one was really good style-wise, the clothes just didn't end up fitting quite right so I only kept a cardigan. But I think my stylist did a good job. Do you have a Pinterest to share with them? I think that can help.
    @lavenderfields13 - That's nice you went with her; I'm sure she enjoys the company more than anything else.
    @labro - Adorable picture! What a sweet girl.
    @Jstump2 - Wow, what a transformation. I can't imagine why you'd want to get rid of the pink tile though ;)
    @futuremrshistorian - Just have fun and enjoy your time together. Married, engaged, dating - traveling is always so fun when you're with the person you love!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @beachyone15 and @untouchablets - That's the attitude I'm trying to keep.  Anytime he says something that raises my suspicious radar, I give myself about 5 minutes to freak out and text my BFF (Is he?!  Isn't he?!).  Then, after 5 minutes, she tells me I have to let it go and not think about it.  It's working pretty well so far!
  • Options
    @beachyone15 Those esperanza plants will be beautiful!!! Did you get the ones with yellow flowers or the orangey-red ones? I had to google them because the name was familiar but I couldn't picture the plant at all. I really love the bright colors!

• Options
    @labro - We actually got both. 3 yellows and 2 oranges. My in-laws actually wanted to purchase us a plant in memory of my grandmother but they ended up saying, "well, you have to get more than one so your whole fence will be happy and bright!" So they graciously bought us 5! Lol

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @JStump2 THAT IS SO ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!! We knew what Callie was going to be but we stuck with a neutral theme for the nursery walls and furniture and then accented with pale pinks, blues, white, and cream. H and I installed white beadboard and painted the walls above a pale gray.cotton color.

• Options
    @untouchablets congrats on leaving your job! Must be excited for the new job :) What a way to celebrate then getting your nails done!!

@peaseblossom55 we have an xbox1 with kinect ... at the beginning it's so weird! Now when we go out, we're anticipating turning off the tv by voice command and you can't lol

@CocoBellaF you will def win the bake-off if it were up to me! Good luck to your H!

@lavenderfields13 old school degrassi or new version?

@Jstump wow! what a great job done on remodel!!

@labro baby Callie time! :) so cute!

So this weekend was eventful! lol

It's the 35th anniversary of our company, and since basically we don't all see each other much we did a company wide party.

Friday we closed early, Matt and I grabbed food at Denny's and some CD's at walmart {and I got my brows done because they were a damn mess ....} and hopped in the car for our 5 hour drive!

Hour 4, we got a little stir crazy. We were looking for a gas station and couldn't find it. We took a lot of back roads {shortest route} and once we hit part of the highway we pulled off. Pee, gas, stretch, food .... back en route. Only to find 2mins later there was gas stations on the route. Laughed way too hard about this ... lol

Finally got there. I felt gross so I showered - omg the bathrooms were AMAZING! - and headed to see who was already there. Finally able to put a voice to a name.
    It's funny, you talk to these people so much and never see them, you end up having an automatic bond.
    Drinks, chit-chatting, hanging out .... early night.

Saturday was a morning meeting - just staff - and that was fun! We have a new system coming and it's easier than our I.T guru coming to all offices to go over it.
    Lunch ended up being with everyone and their families. Afterwards, Matt and I just crashed all afternoon. Met up with coworker to go over stuff before party, headed back got ready.

Mixology part - which we came 4th booo - mingle, then our MC regaled us with humour and then ate dinner.

Didn't realize how talented some of my coworkers were. I ended up winning in hula hoop contest {lmao!} and I told my coworker I was up against that if they didn't give him 2 hoops then he would have won lol

Award I presented - with a skit - went well. Got some laughs, which was the goal.
    By end of the night, I was pretty buzzed and Matt was relatively drunk lol

Sunday up early-ish to have breakfast and get on the road.

Party was great, but I'm glad to be home lol!
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 I was trying to find a color name that had something to do with freedom or success or something to celebrate my last day but I couldn't unfortunately lol
  • Options
    @Jstump2 That bathroom looks amazing and I'm sure your nursery will too!

@alpacina I used to watch Degrassi TNG when it was Emma, Manny, etc and then I kind of stopped when new characters came in and old ones left. I decided to start way back from the beginning when you talked about your marathon. Love seeing Spike and Snake when they were younger lol. Spike's hair was crazy

• Options
    @mskittydanger see my response above to @alpacina - I typed it before I saw your question. Right now I'm still on season 1 of Degrassi High. I watched the Junior High ones too. 

• Options
    Thank you @labro!!  Callie's nursery sound super cute as well. Even if I knew I was having a girl I wouldn't want all pink anf overly girly.

lavenderfields13
  • Options
    TwoDimes Thank you! Yes they are. I love Hobby Lobby! They have a few more decorative things that match the paintings that I might have to go back and buy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards