Not Engaged Yet

Touchy Tuesday

13»

Re: Touchy Tuesday

• @GoldenPenguin That has to be my favorite picture of Vi and Bruschi that I've ever seen. They are the best!!!!!!!!

• I am so late to this today, and didn't get on at all yesterday. Waaah!

Yesterday was an incredibly long day at work. I was really grouchy by the end of it. I came home and decided that I was going to go for a run, and my neighbor wanted to come, and we actually had an AWESOME run. Almost a full minute slower per mile than our normal pace, but we both agreed it felt super easy and we were really excited about it. I'm hoping we'll go again tonight, because I'm still in a terrible mood and running makes me feel better. Yay endorphins.

What makes you feel loved?
    I honestly feel loved by all things from the 5 Love Languages. My top two are acts of service and words of affirmation. I really love to be told I'm loved, and when someone does something for me without my asking. I also like being hugged and kissed, and to be demonstrative/affectionate in public. (Not gross PDA, but like holding hands, or hand on the small of my back, etc.)

How do you make your SO feel loved?
    Basically everything stated above.

What are your pet peeves?
    Way too many to count. Recently, when people take up the whole sidewalk when I am trying to run.

How do you like to be touched? By your SO? A close friend? Family?
    Any way by my SO. From friends and family, I like hugs.

What sort of touch immediately makes you angry?

People running into me. Strangers touching me without my permission. Any sort of touch that seems way too intimate for the relationship I have with a person.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Love & Splits
    A blog about running and life with pituitary tumors
  • Thanks @labro! The problem is his work schedule is different this year, he's got to work on the nights that we usually hang out but I gave my new job availability for every shift except the nights that I hang out with him. So there's a chance I'll be working mornings and be able to see him on the nights he's not working but it's not a guarantee. I already frustrated with how little we see each other, so only weekends is going to be really hard. I'm trying to stay positive though.
  • @helloliv I always enjoy runs with a partner WAY more than solo. It just makes the time pass by much faster!

• labro said:

@helloliv I always enjoy runs with a partner WAY more than solo. It just makes the time pass by much faster!

Come be my running partner? Okay, great, see you tonight! ;)

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• labro said:

@helloliv I always enjoy runs with a partner WAY more than solo. It just makes the time pass by much faster!

Come be my running partner? Okay, great, see you tonight! ;)
    IF ONLY!!!!!!!!!

• @MissKittyDanger - FI is so excited for Fallout 4, he wants to finish all his grad school application stuff before buying it though so he probably won't get it until next week. Luckily, I'm into most of the same games he is and I'm happy to read while he plays do I never feel bothered by him wanting to play his videogames.

@AlPacina - Oh no, that's not a good start to the day!

@untouchablets - When I was in grad school I only got to see FI on the weekends, it sucked. I must just fail at reading to day because I didn't see why you'll only get to see him on weekends.

I'm at a clients house all day today and I'm incredibly bored. There's not much to do here. I'm trying to decide what I want to about flowers for the wedding. I'm thinking about skipping a bouquet but am wondering if I'll regret it. I'm just not into flowers and we have a tiny budget for flowers ($500) so idk if I want to put any of that toward bouquets but I keep going back and forth about it.

• @bethsmiles I'm envious of his ability to wait! Only sucky part now is the fact mine has 3 games that come out in around the same time - Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Fall Out 4 and Star Wars Battlefront. I've never seen F.O.4 so idk if I'll watch, but the Assassin's Creed ones I tend to watch. Interesting stories and there's history :smile:
  • @bethsmiles don't skip a boquet, a co worker of mine with a low flower budget used Whole Foods & they came out gorgeous.

Anniversary

• @labro & @Peaseblossom55 - My only concern with DIY is that I'm not crafty at all, although I suppose bouquets wouldn't be too hard if a florist is doing everything else.

• @bethsmiles I KNOW you can definitely order pre-assembled bouquets...but it's pretty easy, especially if they give you a kit. A loosely tied bunch of roses and hydrangeas for example is easy and pretty much fool-proof.

• edited November 2015
    @bethsmiles I'm not that crafty either. I use dollar store flowers and wrapped some ribbon around where they were being carried and it looks great. I'm sure real flowers would look better :)

Also ....

This is what I keep thinking in my head every time I read the title of today lol

• @bethsmiles my sister had an extremely limited budget for flowers. She got gerber daisies for her bouquet and baby's breath for all the bridesmaids from the local grocery store. I think she spent $30 total between the bouquet cuffs she got at the craft store and all the flowers. They were simple, yet gorgeous.
  • @beachyone15 I am guilty of texting and walking, but it's usually a few words. Anything more than like 5 words and I move to the side
  • @helloliv , I love it when you stop in!!! :)
  • So I volunteered to help out at a work event tonight. We had a ticket leftover so I get to see Elf!

• @TwoDimes - When it comes to the budget, the bridal bouquet was first on my mind to cut because I guess I don't see why its important. But it seems to be the popular opinion that I'd regret not having it...

• @bethsmiles My budget was $500 but I did candle centerpieces so that money went to bouquets, bouts and wrist corsages. I don't know if you'll regret not having a bouquet but it might feel weird not having anything to hold on to like @TwoDimes said. You could always do a very small bouquet. The prices are really going to depend on how large you want your bouquets/centerpieces and the type of flower/availabilty. Sorry, I may have missed this and can't remember the conversation yesterday but have you met with a florist yet to discuss your budget? I know I'm not crafty at all and would not have been able to put together the most simple bouquet so there was no way I was doing any kind of DIY lol. Also, our wedding was OOT and I would't have had anywhere to store flowers.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards