Wedding Woes
Options

It's Tuesday

HeffalumpHeffalump member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited November 2015 in Wedding Woes
DS is killing me with cuteness. He's quiet, so I feel like I don't talk about him as much because he doesn't get into crazy antics. He plays with fridge magnets, he plays with cars, he builds with blocks. He's two, YKWIM?
Well, he's been talking up a storm, so now we have a window into what's going on in his head, and he is killing me. When DD pitches a fit about no iPad until homework is done: "Not nice, sister! Enough, sister!" Driving through our neighborhood: "Spider gone. Halloween, all done! Happy Thanksgiving, gobble gobble." On and on, I could fill a page.
Plus this morning, the sun finally came out! :)

Re: It's Tuesday

• Options
    Sooo cute!
  • Options
    That's a great pic, heffa! Those eyes!

Today is the first day since Friday that I've had a tiny bit of a voice.

I didn't have it Saturday but I didn't feel sick, so I went on the shopping trip I was looking forward to for months. It was a blast. I haven't laughed so hard in such a long time. I also got some good deals.

Sunday and yesterday I was feeling worse, so I really just napped all day. Thank goodness DH has Mondays off so he could take over while I rested.

Today I'm going to be doing some cooking/baking for Son. Tomorrow he gets his braces put on so I thought I'd make him some soft things - muffins, pasta, etc.
  • Options
    He is adorable!

Sorry about being absent for awhile. I've been lurking just haven't had a chance to post.

4 day work week this week :smile: Sleep is on the agenda for tomorrow. Nothing else new here. My life seems a little boring right now.

Hope everyone has a great day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    GAHHH!! He's adorable!

My nephew is a month old today. I can't believe it.

Big news around these parts is that we're getting an IKEA. FB is kersploding over it.

I'm ready for a nap and I really need to be working my ass off to get ready for SIL's baby shower on Sunday.

I took the kiddo to the dentist for an emergency check-up (he had a cavity filled last Weds) and he does have an infection in his gums. He's on an Rx now. He's been so miserable. I hope his mouth starts feeling better soon.
  • Options
    Why isn't it Friday yet?! I'm ready for my 4 day work week to be finished.

Other than that, all I have is adulting is hard, for so many reasons.
  • Options
    So cute!

I am at the airport. Totally dreading this week but whatever. Same shit, different day.
  • Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 2015
    Yay for month-old babies, boo for gum infections. :(

(And thanks, everyone. Both kids got DH's eyes. They were the first thing I noticed about him, way back when. Now I tell him that I only agreed to go out with him so my future kids could have those eyes.)
  • Options
    it's 1pm and I haven't had breakfast or lunch yet. getting ready to leave for food in a minute.

led a few meetings today. have some other stuff to do, but it doesn't interest me, so i'm trying to work up some enthusiasm. maybe after I've eaten...

planned out my vacation for the rest of the year - with carrying over the max of 5 days, I only have 21 working days left this year. (I'm using my carryover for our FL/Bahamas trip in Feb.) I'll be off 12/19-1/4, so hooray for that. Going to try and plan a few longer vacations for next year since I'll have more days to work with (10 years at my company gets 20 vacation days + 2 personal choice days - no limit on sick leave within reason.)
  • Options
    Generally SSDD here The big thing is our school district is crazy with growth. The high schools are at 103% capacity so the whole district is getting reorganized. Our neighborhood has always seemed to be involved so there has been tons of speculation. The maps came out today and 2 of the 4 have us doing nothing and the other 2 have us changing middle school but keeping the high school. I'm not thrilled about that but fully expect there to be a new high school in a few years.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards