Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Did you have a favorite reception moment?

Hi everyone :)

Obviously the ceremony is the most important part of any wedding, but I love a good party (who doesn't). So I was just curious if any of you had a favorite moment at your reception?

I asked my sister and she said when they lifted her and her husband on chairs during the hora. She said she was terrified at the time and didn't want to do it, but now she's so glad she did because it was probably the most memorable part for her! Did any of you have a similar moment? Or for those of you still planning your wedding, what part of the reception are you most looking forward to?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Did you have a favorite reception moment?

• Options
    Best moment from my reception was when the DJ approached me with 15 minutes left and asked if I wanted a slow song. OMG there was only 15 mins left? OMG we didn't play a slow song?

That's how much fun we were all having dancing. I did say yes-- play a slow song-- and every couple at our wedding danced to it. DH gave a small toast afterwards thanking me for all my planning, then the DJ lit it up again with an upbeat closer. It was kind of awesome.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    My 2 favorite moments were my former students washing grass off my feet and eating dinner with my new husband. I think I'm one of the few people around here (based on comments made regularly here) who actually sat down and ate my entire meal with no interruptions and no need to wolf down my food. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    At my bachlorette party my friends and I made up a really cheesy dance to "sledgehammer" by 5th harmony and we "performed" it after a bunch of cocktails around midnight. It wasn't mandatory, we didn't ask anyone to sit down- it was just in the middle of the dance floor for like 45 seconds and was so ridiculous. 

• Options
    The dancing!
    And right before our first dance, we'd gotten up to get ready to do it but a great 80's ballad/slow song was playing. Our two groups of college friends were sitting closest to the dance floor (and bar) and were already sloshed. We started singing along to the ballad and they joined in. Epic. Lol. 

• Options

Our band was amazing and so much fun! They brought us up on stage with them for "Don't Stop Believing," and gave me and hubby the mic at moments throughout to help sing.  It was also awesome when they had everyone make a circle around us and we all rocked out to Living On A Prayer."

Last one-they handed off the mic to my MOH during "Semi Charmed Life" and she nailed every word.

Oops-you asked for one moment? Sorry! The entire night was a blast!

My only regret is not hiring a videographer to get the band performances on tape.

• Options
    PS @AddieCake I was able to sit down and enjoy dinner with my new husband as well. too.  Not rushed at all, and I literally was stuffed! Our venue served us a little bit of each of the 4 meals we offered to our guests, so we got to enjoy everything.
  • Options
    Gahh! This all sounds so fun and wonderful! @AddieCake I didn't even think about not getting to sit down and enjoy my food, we're spending so much time (and money) picking the perfect caterer/food I sure hope I get to enjoy it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    We finished our family photos after the ceremony early, so H and I just sat out on the front deck and waited for our "entrance" to the inside after the cocktail hour was over.  Someone got us some drinks, and it was such a nice time to just sit there and relax for a minute before the party really got going.  A few guests came up to chat and it was a really nice 20 minutes or so.  

The dancing/partying part was the best too, I had so much fun with that.
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    I have so many favorite moments. One of the best photos from our wedding was from our "entrance" when I pretended I was going to run away and DH picked me up and hugged me. And our ushers and ring bearer hamming it up the entire night. Oh, and doing shots with several tables. And the group of like 25+ doing Irish Car Bombs in the middle of the dance floor. Can't forget watching DH "dance" with our friends. Actually, the best might have been when DH and I snuck off with the photographers to take sunset pictures and there was much giggling and kissing.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    I was given this advice prior to my wedding and it was my favorite moment.  At some point during the reception, step aside and just take a minute to yourself to soak it all in.  During the "cha cha slide", I subtly left the dance floor and got myself a glass of wine and stood in the back and just watched everyone dance.  
    I then looked over and saw 2 of my dad's friends doing a ridiculous dance to the music.  I just started laughing.
  • Options
    I was given this advice prior to my wedding and it was my favorite moment.  At some point during the reception, step aside and just take a minute to yourself to soak it all in.  During the "cha cha slide", I subtly left the dance floor and got myself a glass of wine and stood in the back and just watched everyone dance.  
    I then looked over and saw 2 of my dad's friends doing a ridiculous dance to the music.  I just started laughing.
    That is such amazing advice @holyguacamole79 I definitely need to do this.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards