Not Engaged Yet

AW: I'm an OMH!! Holy Crap! (REALLY REALLY REAAALLLLLLLLY LONG - Sorry!)

So, this will probably take me all day to type out, between having to go up to the counter and everything, but I'm gonna try. There is so much hilarity to tell you about...
I had the MOST FUN EVER last weekend. Wednesday night, I got out of work and headed straight out to run a shit ton of errands. I got my nails done and was treated to the most racist 'I'm not racist' conversation from the nail guy. It was complete with (and I'm quoting word for word here), "I'm not racist! I have a HUGE picture of Kobe Bryant right in my living room!!" To which I responded, "I think that statement is racist itself, dude." I was also chastised for allowing Muslim people into my home, told that Donald Trump is right 'about the mexicans', and told that black people are terrible for being angry about hundreds of years of racism. Oh, oh...and the confederate flag is just history. I channeled my mother and tried to turn it into a teaching session. 
Thursday I woke up and my HUSBAND and I went to go get our wedding license. On the way home we got an email from the venue that the tent I was told was heated, was not, in fact, heated. So then I started scrambling, but found a rental place that worked it all out. Whew! I then went for my very first spray tan, which ended up being pretty bad. Thankfully it faded enough by Saturday. I had some weird spots on my ankles and wrists. Leave it to me to not test it out prior. The rest of the day was spent running around, getting everything put together, and finishing some shopping. 
Friday, Bean and I got up super early, packed the car, and headed to breakfast with my dad, aunts, uncles, and cousins. We had a hilarious time, and I downed 2 or 3 mimosas within 15 minutes of arriving. Then we headed to pick up Bean's tux which was about 3 sizes too small, and they sent toddler size shoes. Not exaggerating, either. I started to get super dizzy at this point. The folks at the store rushed around and got a new suit rush ordered and told us to come back first thing Saturday morning and they would have the tailor on hand in case anything still didn't fit. 
Rehearsal dinner was awesome. Our DOC met us there and ran the whole thing. She was AWESOME and we ran through it a few times. I used a beer as my stand in bouquet. :smiley: I cried some, laughed lots, and drank a bit. Afterwards, we went to an Irish pub next to the hotel and had even more drinks. And @csousa1
@swazzle and I went back to my room where my brothers joined us for a dance party. 
Saturday morning, I woke up at about 6:30. @LaSak87 showed up around 7:30 with coffee and sausage in hand. @GoldenPenguin @swazzle and @peekaboo2011
showed up just after with MORE sausage. We cracked the champagne and started the morning off with mimosas. The MUA/Hair Stylist showed up shortly after and got started on everyone. They moved SO FAST and we were running about an hour ahead of time. Meanwhile I was running around cleaning up the room. My dad's sister came to see us early on and when she left I was sobbing hysterically. The MUA had no idea what was going on and I think was freaked out. The girls immediately grabbed me and rubbed my back and loved on me. It had just hit me very suddenly that Mom wasn't there. On the way to the venue, the DOC was texting with @swazzle letting her know that some of my decor was missing. I was freaking out, but no worry...the girls all got it taken care of and shoved a bottle of Fireball in my face. Best Friends EVER! 
The rest of the day went by so fast! We got to the venue and a few minutes later it was time to get in my dress. After that I put on my mom's ring and then lost it again as the photographer snapped photos. Then it was time for our first look. The second photographer led me outside and then I saw H in his finery. He couldn't see me yet, but I got really choked up and almost started bawling again. It was a very sweet moment that turned funny when we turned around to see all of our groomsmen in the 2nd floor window and all the bridesmaids in the first floor windows all peering out. The ceremony started a few minutes late, but no biggie. Just as I was about to head down the aisle with my dad, the bartender says "Sarah! Take these!" and handed me a wad of napkins. I balled them up and shoved them down my dress. Even though we had just seen each other, I still got choked up when I was walking down the aisle to H. Our ceremony was amazing and we had handpicked each element of it. My brother gave the most beautiful reading that he had written for us, which made me cry some more. Then it was over in a flash and time to dance!! We had an amazing time, there was some lap dances for a certain injured bridesmaid, and then more drinking afterwards.

Ok, so now that you've read my NOVEL (Sorry again...) here is a link to some pics from the photographer. 
@swazzle @GoldenPenguin I don't know how to post pics from my phone here...I think you guys have some? 

http://www.stephaniemessickblog.com/2015/11/11/donald-sarah-inn-at-vint-hill-warrenton-virginia-wedding-photographer/

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
 "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

Re: AW: I'm an OMH!! Holy Crap! (REALLY REALLY REAAALLLLLLLLY LONG - Sorry!)

• beanbot2002beanbot2002 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited November 2015
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• This makes me so happy! You looked beautiful and your pictures are gorgeous! Your description of your day made me tear up.
  • OMG everything about your wedding was absolutely GORGEOUS!! Congrats!!

• I LOVE YOU MORE THAN LIFE!!!

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Congratulations! I love everything and your favors made me smile extra!
  • AlPacinaAlPacina member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2015

I know this isn't typically where the first compliment goes, but I have to say it.... Your groom & groomsmen look super kickass. And Bean has more swag than I've ever seen a teenager have.

Now that I got that off my chest.... Congratulations! You made an absolutely gorgeous bride. You are absolutely beaming in every single picture, and I can tell why.

• YEP! Hahahahahaha I totally forgot I was in a roomful of people and just took my bra off and then realized it and was all "AHHH! My boobs are out!"

• @GoldenPenguin - Your lap dance picture is freakin hilarious! You poor, broken lady!

• Everything is SOO stunning!!! And your kids are the absolute cutest ever!

• AlPacina said:

@GoldenPenguin - Your lap dance picture is freakin hilarious! You poor, broken lady!

I tried my best all night to dance like a grown up, but my poor leg just wasn't having it. Luckily I have some amazing, ingenious friends who made sure I wasn't on the sidelines for long!

*******************************************************************************************

• LOVE the photos!!! You looked beautiful!

• LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love love love love love! I am so damn happy for you and your H (EEEE!!!!!!!!) and your two beautiful boys!!! What a freaking gorgeous day and a gorgeous wedding....and the hottest bridesmaids on the planet!!!

• Love love love love!!!  The pictures, the story, everything!! I may or may not have stalked your fb all weekend looking for pictures and updates. So glad all the mishaps were easily fixed and you were able to enjoy your day. I agree with @AlPacina that all the guys look amazing.   The lap dances was a genius idea so @GoldenPenguin didn't hurt herself even more, along with the bag cart haha.  

• I love all of this so much.

Anniversary

• Thank you everyone!!! I had the most amazing time EVER!!!!!

• Several items: 
    1: you looked so happy and gorgeous!
    2: amazing job with the ombre purple dresses!
    3: my FI and his groomsmen are wearing the same tuxes because they are bangin'.
  • Those pictures are AMAZING!!  You look so happy and beautiful and I love the colors of the bridesmaid dresses.  Congratulations!!
  • I LOVE THEM! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Your wedding was beautiful and you were absolutely gorgeous!!!  Congrats!!!!
  • Wow, just wow! You are so gorgeous and so was everything about your wedding. The flowers were so stunning! I'm so happy for you! Congrats!!

• You are seriously stunning. Jaw-dropping, breathtakingly beautiful. <3 Congratulations! What a perfect day! 

• I just can't get over how amazing your photos are.  BEAUTIFUL!!
  • I love absolutely everything about this! You were stunning, D was dapper, and all your details were lovely. CONGRATULATIONS!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Love & Splits
    A blog about running and life with pituitary tumors
  • Thank you, everyone! I love going back and looking at the photos! 

• Your whole story makes me weepy. You were gorgeous, your boys were a combo of swag and adorable, and D was so handsome!! 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards