Rhode Island
Options

Friday night wedding

Hi guys! I am planning a wedding for a Friday night at Castle hill inn .. Has anyone had any experience on a Friday night at that venue? Or a Friday night in general ? I have never been to a Friday night wedding. Also the date is suppose to be 07/07/2017 .. Anyone think that date is too close to July 4th ?? I don't want to be inconsiderate to my guest but I don't work a Monday-Friday job so I don't have that issue. Any feedback would be helpful .. Thanks!

Re: Friday night wedding

• Options

Congratulations! Castle Hill Inn is a beautiful venue.  I've never been to a Fri night wedding there, but I have been to other Fri night weddings, and while they're not ideal because I need to take a half or full day (if I need to travel) out of work to attend, it wouldn't stop me from attending if I was close to the couple.

Did you check w your VIP's (parents, wedding party) before booking this date? Will a lot of people need to travel? If you have a lot of people that need to travel, it may be more expensive  near the holiday, but since you are on the tail end of it, it might not be an issue.  Do you have a hotel room block as a courtesy for your OOT guests? Accommodations in Newport are priced at a premium in the Summer, so it would be nice (but not mandatory) to get a room block reserved.

Since your wedding is close to a holiday, I would send out save the dates in January, to give guests a heads up, and they can plan vacation time accordingly, if need be.

A Friday night wedding is not inconsiderate, but prepared for more declines than if you had a Saturday night wedding.

Happy Planning!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards