Favors

Military Favors

We are only having a few subtle references to my fiance's lifetime military career (currently still serving after 20 plus years). He is wearing his uniform and we named the tables after military bases. The only other thing we were going to do is purchase military based favors. There is a great website that designs and makes military logo chocolates and packages them in your wedding colors. My dilemma is that they come in dark, white and regular chocolate. Each person will get a favor but should I mix up the flavors or just stay with one flavor for everyone?

Re: Military Favors

• I think this is just one of those where it's impossible to please everyone. I despise white chocolate, tolerate milk chocolate, and adore dark, but the person sitting next to me could be the complete opposite.

I'm assuming you're doing one chocolate per person? Milk chocolate is usually universal....but if you can do a bag of multiple flavors I think that would be ideal. That way people can share/trade the ones they dsilike if they want to.

• I say mix up the flavors - like @labro said, people can trade if they end up with a flavor they don't like. I'd do 50% milk chocolate and 25% each of dark and white, since those aren't as popular as milk chocolate.
  • I love the mix it up idea!
  • Im a dark chocolate girl myself lol
  • I would go with milk because it is fairly universal and I personally think white chocolate has no reason to exist on the planet.
  • And I'm one of the odd people out who like white chocolate and doesn't care for other types of chocolate. Mixing it up or giving just milk chocolate (because it's typically the most popular) seems like the best bet.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• hellohkb said:
    And I'm one of the odd people out who like white chocolate and doesn't care for other types of chocolate. Mixing it up or giving just milk chocolate (because it's typically the most popular) seems like the best bet.
    You LIKE that stuff?  Oh honey, we need to talk! :wink: 
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2015
    I like milk and white chocolate, and am less of a fan of dark chocolate but I'll eat it.  I agree with @hellohkb that mixing up the chocolate types or selecting one and sticking with that is probably your best course of action.
  • How many pieces is each guest getting?  If it's multiple, I'd mix it up.  If it's only one, I'd probably pick milk.  I think white is at the bottom of most people's favorites.  If you do dark, I'd get a lower cacao %.
  • kmmssg said:

hellohkb said:

And I'm one of the odd people out who like white chocolate and doesn't care for other types of chocolate. Mixing it up or giving just milk chocolate (because it's typically the most popular) seems like the best bet.

I know, I know. Everyone thinks I'm nuts!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Can I just say how nice it is to click on a 'military favours' thread expecting some kind of 'should I get tiny canons with our name on or camoflage koozies?' question, but be completely wrong and see that you're doing chocolate. Yay!!!!
  • My vote is go for one flavor, milk. That is probably the most popular chocolate flavor

• I'm not sure yet how many pieces per guest but itll be at least one. I'm leaning towards milk chocolate army symbols. Not even the tags will b personalized. I'm so not a fan of personalized crap lol
  • Mixed if you're giving multiples, and milk if it's just one b/c it's more universally liked. I like all 3 and prefer dark, so I'd be happy with any of it!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • hellohkb said:
    hellohkb said:
    Nope - I like it too! But only if it's mixed with hazelnuts. :-)
  • hellohkb said:
    hellohkb said:
    I like white chocolate and I despise dark chocolate. So you are not nuts alone.
  • IMO - go with Milk...  But more importantly than that is QUALITY chocolate!!!  White and dark chocolates aren't as big of crowd pleasers.  It's one thing if you were having an Army emblem made into a display piece, in which case dark would be the way to go, but favors - milk chocolate...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards