Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Styling Challenge: How would you accessorize this unique dress?

I fell in love with a somewhat unique dress and had not considered accessories until now -- I love how bohemian and romantic it is and would like to accentuate that feel with accessories but have NO idea what to do. What would you do?

Re: Styling Challenge: How would you accessorize this unique dress?

• Options
    I personally think that pearls go with everything. I'd look for something with a vintage feel. 
  • Options
    Wow, that is lovely!  I think the skirt almost accessorizes itself with all that texture, but you could still try a belt with a small fabric flower to see how it looks.  For jewelry, maybe something in rose gold or a pearl with a pinkish cast?
  • Options
    I personally would not do a necklace, I feel the dress is beautiful alone.  I agree with @RlovesR , definitely go with a rose gold or a pearl with a pinkish cast, and I would go with a beautiful drop earring.  
  • Options
    Pretty dress, love that. I would only do an earring. Either a stud or simple drop. Some type of a flower pinned in your hair would be pretty too. I would definitely skip a necklace, and a belt. Be careful with a bracelet, that fabric looks like it could snag easily.
  • Options
    Pretty dress, love that. I would only do an earring. Either a stud or simple drop. Some type of a flower pinned in your hair would be pretty too. I would definitely skip a necklace, and a belt. Be careful with a bracelet, that fabric looks like it could snag easily.
  • Options
    I agree with PPs - pearls are always a classic and they'll look good with just about anything.

I don't know why everyone is saying no necklace though....that neckline screams for a simple pearl necklace with pearl drop earrings.

• Options
    agree on pearl necklace. No belt though
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I should add that I'll also be wearing flowers in my hair. Not a full crown but something like the pic below.
  • Options
    If you are wearing such a statement piece in your hair, I would definitely not wear something around your neck, I personally feel it will be too much.  Simple earrings :)
  • Options
    First, I am obsessed with your dress.  That skirt is gorgeous.

Agree with climbing on the pearls.  I would do a simple drop earring and maybe a bracelet - but make sure it's one that doesn't have a protruding clasp or sharp edges.  I have this set of bracelets that are elasticized continuous strands of pearls (obvi fake but they look really pretty) that I wear with dresses that have delicate fabric that snags easily because there's no clasp or anything to get stuck on.  The last thing you want is a bracelet getting caught in that skirt and pulling a hole in it.  

Also love the rose gold idea!  And those flowers are amazing.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards