Wedding Etiquette Forum

Is it rude that some of the wedding party didnt' give gifts?

I very much appreciate that our closest friends and family stood next to us on our wedding day, but I am curious if that also means they were exempt from gifts? I know money was not an issue but 3 of my 5 bridesmaids didn't send anything (one was married last year, too) and I'm just wondering if I'm in the wrong thinking it's rude that they didn't even send a card or say anything. I took care of a lot of their day-of obligations so they were only in charge of buying their dresses and shoes (personal choice, I didn't not pick anything specific for them to wear) and their makeup. Please let me know what you think, thank you!

Re: Is it rude that some of the wedding party didnt' give gifts?

• I very much appreciate that our closest friends and family stood next to us on our wedding day, but I am curious if that also means they were exempt from gifts? I know money was not an issue but 3 of my 5 bridesmaids didn't send anything (one was married last year, too) and I'm just wondering if I'm in the wrong thinking it's rude that they didn't even send a card or say anything. I took care of a lot of their day-of obligations so they were only in charge of buying their dresses and shoes (personal choice, I didn't not pick anything specific for them to wear) and their makeup. Please let me know what you think, thank you!
    JIC since I forgot originally, though it appears they realized after two posts that they weren't going to get validated here.
  • Delete User already!
  • Do people not realize this is the etiquette board?

• Shoes and makeup are never required only the dress.

• Well, that was fast. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Or maybe it cost so much to be in your wedding they had to choose between paying their rent or buying you a stupid toaster.

• If I were a bridesmaid and you expected me to pay to have my make-up done, I would consider that my gift to you. The dress is the only thing they should have had to pay for. 

Either way, gifts are never required. It's kind of sad that you feel the need to count up gifts. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards