New Jersey - South
Options

Engagement party and rehearsal dinner

So, I don't know if it's too late/early in the planning process, since our wedding date is October 30th, 2016, but I was thinking of having our engagement party at home, in our yard, for a bbq type party. Trying to be budget friendly, but have fun and make memories at the same time. I would like, if anyone has any, new or eccentric ideas along the way. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Engagement party and rehearsal dinner

• Options

Engagement parties are thrown for you.  It is an etiquette faux-pas to throw an engagement party for yourself, since you are the guests of honor.  But you can throw a BBQ at anytime and invite anyone you want.  Just don't have it be wedding related.  Now if anyone offers to throw you an engagement party, you can certainly take them up on the offer.  Also, if you have an engagement party of any kind, try to have it more than 4 months out from your wedding.

Your title mentions the RD.  You can certainly throw that for yourselves, since the RD is more about thanking your WP for participating in the rehearsal and the wedding - than it is about the B&G.  It is here the B&G give a short toast or speech about thanking everyone for standing by them and also any thank yous to your parents.

I don't know if there are any "new or eccentric" ideas left in the world!  Pinterest has spread everything across the country faster than you can say "burlap and lace" ;)  The one thing that never will go out of style is hosting your guests properly!  Your guests will remember the food at your wedding, not the itty bitty details you focused on for so long.  So keep that in mind when you are planning, it will help make things go much easier for you. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards