Ceremony Officiant!

Hi there!

My future husband and I are getting married outside at a residential location. We would love for one of our closest friends to officiate our ceremony for us (non-religious).

I have already googled the steps as to how to apply but I'm just curious if anyone has actually had success in getting their temporary marriage commissioners license? We personally would rather have someone who has known us for our entire duration of our relationship as opposed to someone else. I'm wondering if this is at all possible?!
Thanks in advance!

Re: Ceremony Officiant!

  • In Alberta, the temporary marriage commissioners license is usually only granted if you are in an area that doesn't have a marriage commissioner already and it would be prohibitive to have someone travel. My friend looked into it and was denied as there was a marriage commissioner willing to travel to her location.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards