Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Cookies, Cupcakes, or Something Else?

I have upcycled some thrift store cheese domes and will have them as the centerpiece of my tablescape.  Should I put cookies, cupcakes, or something else in them?  I am all about no waste, so I want to have something edible instead of things that I will have to throw away or take with me.  I figure my DOC can transfer the leftovers to the dessert table where thill we be take home containers.  What would you put in them? If there are 10 people at each table, should I have 10 cookies in each cheese dome? Also, if I do put food in the domes, is it weird if my table names were cookies? 

I have plenty of time to plan, so any input would be awesome!

Re: Cookies, Cupcakes, or Something Else?

• Options
    If you put something edible, make sure there's more than just the number of people seated at the table.  Sorry, I'm not having just one cookie.  :)  And if you have them as centerpieces, I wouldn't count on nobody touching them until dessert time.
  • Options
    I'm not sure I would grab any of the extras to go, if they are at my table and I can see them and everyone else at my table that's fine. I'm able to better police if I'm going to grab a cookie after Aunt Sally did even though she looks sick. If I found out the cookies from everyone's tables are now at the dessert table, I'd steer clear. I have no way of knowing who touched what when and that would gross me out. I also agree you should have more than just 1 item for person if its just cookies, even more if there is a variety of flavors offered. 
  • Options
    Mini cupcakes or mini macaroons? Def more than one per person.
  • Options
    If you're doing any kind of mini food items, one for each person definitely won't be enough.

I do think a cookie table name theme would be a best confusing if there's only one type of cookie or other dessert under the domes, that in all but potentially one case won't match the table names.

This is me, but I'd just use table numbers and no names. It makes it easier for guests to locate their tables.
  • Options
    Thanks for the input.  I didn't even think about germs!  We will have a whole dessert bar with cakes and other treats so we won't even have to move whatever is on the table.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards