New York-Long Island
Options

church or reception

Hi knotties,I work in a school and used to be a substitute in the building, so I am friendly with a lot of people in the school.Unfortunately, my guest list is already at 250 and if I start inviting everyone to the reception ill be broke forever.  There are about 5 people I really want there, but as some of you know some people come in packages and if i invite one i have to invite the other.Is it rude if I invite people to the church when they are not invited to the reception after???

Re: church or reception

• Options
    shortkakeshortkake member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Usually people don't need to be invited to the church. A lot of people will ask you were the ceremony will be held and just show up. I had people ask me and my FI who I wouldn't even have thought would want to go to the church where it was.I would hold off unless there are a few you really want there.
  • Options
    alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    "Is it rude if I invite people to the church when they are not invited to the reception after???"i think so, yes.invite only those you can pay for-cut the list.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately, yes, IMHO it is rude. Make them B or C list and if you have a lot of not attending replies, then invite them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards