New York-Long Island
Options

Need CAKE near East Hampton

Anyone have any suggestions for cakes on the East End? Either really wedding-y or otherwise?

Re: Need CAKE near East Hampton

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Butta Cakes in Greenport. It was phenomenal and reasonably priced.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey, thanks: that's a great suggestion. Their stuff looks really tasty. Do you remember the ballpark cost? (Sorry for that obnoxious question :-) !
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ask away.  The cake was $3/person.  The cost was so low because I asked them not to put any decoration on it because my sister was going to do it.  But when I talked to Marc he gave me a ballpark of 3-6 dollars per person which is totally reasonable.  Delivery was 60 dollars.  I ordered the coconut cake with vanilla butter cream and toasted coconut shavings on top.  So good.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    it sounds too perfect ! where did they deliver it to? (how far, i mean, for the $60? thank you thank you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Marc delivered to Setauket which is near Stony Brook about an hour away.  So East Hampton should be no problem whatsoever. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow, this is really great! i totally want that Butta' Cake. thanks a million for the suggestion.... i'm gonna go for it. (it's totally my kind of cake. not some fancy fondant situation).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    setauket is atleast an hour and a half from East Hampton the cake would ruin.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As a matter of fact, the cake did not ruin.  Butter cream and fondant if you choose fondant are able to sit out in room temperature for hours without melting or being ruined.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    it takes about an hour to get from greenport to east hampton, via the shelter island ferries -- so my delivery time is probably about the same as yours. i'll talk with them about it. and, hey, at least it's november (cold outside! not melting!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards