Chit Chat
Options

I need to talk about 90 Day Fiancé right now - spoiler alert!

edited December 2015 in Chit Chat
Please tell me some of you watch 90 Day Fiancé?!?!

The season finale aired last night and I just finished it. Thoughts?!?

Re: I need to talk about 90 Day Fiancé right now - spoiler alert!

• Options
    I watch it, but I'm lame and fell asleep right before it started.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh god, I'm almost too embarrassed to admit I watched this show.  They had the marathon on of all episodes leading up the finale last night - and sadly I kept in on all day (while I was doing chores!).  The older guy/Philipino drove me nuts the most.  I wanted to reach through the tv and smack some sense into them.
  • Options
    have never seen it.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    JoanE2012 said:
    Oh god, I'm almost too embarrassed to admit I watched this show.  They had the marathon on of all episodes leading up the finale last night - and sadly I kept in on all day (while I was doing chores!).  The older guy/Philipino drove me nuts the most.  I wanted to reach through the tv and smack some sense into them.
    I hated all of their scenes; I couldn't (still can't) comprehend their attraction to each other.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mark was even more awful on the Tell All episode. I hope Nikki leaves him ASAP.
  • Options
    I've never heard of this ... is it good?
  • Options
    It's terrible.  And I totally watch it.  I'm way behind though.  Catching up tomorrow I think.  

• Options
    DH and I professed our love for each other VERY early on.  Within days DH asked his mom to send down her diamond that she had promised him to reset for a ring for me.

So basically I'm in no position to judge a quick wedding.  However, from the previews I still judge this couples.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I judge some couples, but it's based on how they act on not on the forced quick wedding.  

I currently can't stand the chick with the fiancé from Israel.  She desperately wants him to be an underwear model, so he can be on the cover of GC and he hates it.  He's told her that and she doesn't listen.  I see problems with that, though I think she let up a little in the last episode I watched.  

• Options

Oh I'm not even embarrassed that I LOVE this show lol. I recorded the finale and tell all, haven't watched it yet.

It makes me just really hope that I can teach any future daughter of mine to NOT be like Nikki or Carolina. Those poor girls just put up with anything and it's so sad. I died when the lawyer told Nikki not to sign the prenup because it's so one sided and she signed it anyways.

like @winstonsgirl I can't stand Loren the FL girl. Her mom pointed out a very valid problem in their relationship and she went off on her mom about "what do you know, you and dad are miserable, you aren't half as happy as we are!" I was like oooooo no she did not just say that to her mother! So F-ed up. And she was like the snowflakes here crying about how her bachelorette weekend was "ruined" and she'd never get it back. ok drama queen.

I feel like it's hard for the Russian Aleksandra to adjust to being a Mormon, when her entire culture is based on drinking. I don't think she expected that at all, she even said we used to think it was so cool to marry an American but this is not cool. You could tell she was more expecting to come party in NYC or something, not be a Mormon in bumfuck Idaho.  But I do think they love each other and will make it work.

I'm torn on Devar the Jamaican. He seems like a good guy, but he did say that he wanted to send 90% of his pay home to his family. And he's full of shit to say he doesn't do one night stands, when that's how he met her!

I think the New Orleans couple is the most likely to stay together and be happy forever.

• Options
    lyndausvi said:
    DH and I professed our love for each other VERY early on.  Within days DH asked his mom to send down her diamond that she had promised him to reset for a ring for me.

So basically I'm in no position to judge a quick wedding.  However, from the previews I still judge this couples.
    So did my H and I. We were engaged within 5 months. The judgement comes from a 58 year old man marrying a 19 year old girl. He treats her like his child, and it's creepy. Add to this that she clearly wants children, but he refuses, and then forced her to sign a pre-nup. 

The other couples weren't as bad, and I personally didn't judge them for getting married quickly. 
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I have enough scripted drama trying to be passed off as genuine drama with all the Real Housewives series :-P  I didn't want to add another fake reality TV show into the mix, but I was tempted to watch this series.

Marriage Boot Camp is a similar guilty pleasure, though.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    @thefanciestbeckler would you put 'spoiler alert' in your title, JIC.

I'm sad for Nikki. She signed that prenup because she felt she had no choice. Mark is a selfish, cruel and inconsiderate jerk. I was hoping Nikki would back out at the last minute and leave him standing on the beach. Hey Mark, if you're abosolutely sure you don't want to have children, get a vasectomy and a partner who also doesn't want children. 

I think Noone and Kyle's relationship was geniune. It's good they found each other. Alexandra and (can't think of his name) seem sincere, but young. I feel like she might change her mind about the Mormon lifestyle.

Can't stand Loren. Fernando didn't seem to have a lot going for him, not sure why Carolina stayed. For the most part, I feel like the Americans were controlling and unfair to their fis. 

• Options
    I ended up watching the finale and the Tell All in between calls this morning. I don't pass judgment on those who get married quickly; it's not my choice, but I see nothing wrong with it. I can't help but be skeptical of, and weirded out by Mark and Nikki's relationship. The fact that he treats her like she's a child, coupled with the fact that he told her father that he would treat her like a daughter made me sick. She's young, but for crying out loud, she's your wife; don't treat her like a child. I really wish she wouldn't have signed that prenup, but I also (unfortunately) wish that she would've left him. I can't imagine being so uptight that it would be such a crisis if someone touched a window. I'm pretty sure that's why they make window cleaner. It also makes me sad that Nikki is hopeful that Mark will change his mind on having children, even though he's made it clear that children aren't in the plan. Many of his comments really ticked me off in the Tell All.

Loren got on my nerves often; she's just very whiny and I didn't like how she kept pressing on the modeling thing. I think this season I really liked Noon and Kyle, and Aleksandra and Josh.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't watched this season but now I think I need to binge watch it when H travels again.  I watched it last season though.  
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    The old guy is creepy.  Stop bringing up your ex, who is pretty much your new wife, just 30 years older.  I don't see them lasting.  Seriously??  When she becomes a famous supermodel, she can keep her millions??  He's got her fleeced good.  

Aleksandra and Josh, I think she'll get bored eventually, and that may lead to issues.  

I like Kyle and Noon.  And I loved that they did a Thai/Buddist wedding.  So pretty

Loren - She's going to want a do-over cos her one chance to have a Stagette was ruined.  And if he's ready to bail back to Israel after 1 fight, I see issues in their future too, but not cos they're LD.  They don't know how to communicate

Jamaican couple, undecided.  They haven't really been on this episode

Carolina and her guy.  Also unsure.  About to start the finale.  Yay for sick days!!

• Options
    edited December 2015
    The old guy is creepy.  Stop bringing up your ex, who is pretty much your new wife, just 30 years older.  I don't see them lasting.  Seriously??  When she becomes a famous supermodel, she can keep her millions??  He's got her fleeced good. 
    And how many of the Bachelor/Bachlorette couples actually last? ;-)

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    No clue.  Don't watch it.  ;)  Still, I think this might have a better chance for some couples, since they theoretically met before the show

• Options
    No clue.  Don't watch it.  ;)  Still, I think this might have a better chance for some couples, since they theoretically met before the show

I LOVE Married at First Sight! I'm SO excited for the new season. This is the only show that would make me sad that the Hawks play tonight so I have to DVR and watch later.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options

I LOVE Married at First Sight! I'm SO excited for the new season. This is the only show that would make me sad that the Hawks play tonight so I have to DVR and watch later.

She was talking about The Bachelor how none of them know one another outside of the show/ before the show so those usually don't last. But I am SO with you, Married at First Sight is my favorite. I adore Cortney & Jason, and I was super sad that Ryan R & Jackie split!

• Options

So what happens to these people if they choose not to get married or they get divorced?  I imagine they would loose their visitor's visas/ have to go back to their country of origin unless they remained married for 2 years and were able to apply for and receive a green card.

• Options
    I would assume there's something in place about that.  But I know nothing about American immigration laws, so I just watch for the guilty pleasure.  

• Options
    I have enough scripted drama trying to be passed off as genuine drama with all the Real Housewives series :-P  I didn't want to add another fake reality TV show into the mix, but I was tempted to watch this series.

Marriage Boot Camp is a similar guilty pleasure, though.
    ditto!  I have Marriage Boot Camp set in my dvr and I didn't even know a new season was airing.  Glad that it automatically catches.  however - the couples this season seem boring so far.

I think I saw one ep of 90 day fiance.  Not that I didn't like it- but it never caught my interest. 

• Options
    I love Married at First Sight too! My husband and I watch together. It is nice that I can get him interested in shows like that.
  • Options
    Mark and Nikki really bothered me. He has such an abrasive personality, and his need to constantly speak for her really pissed me off. I wish she had not signed the prenup. I'm afraid he will end up leaving her high and dry.

Noon and Kyle were probably my favorite. She is adorable and they seemed to genuinely love each other and have a good relationship.

Josh and Aleksandra were such an odd couple to me. And his voice was so high and soft that I honestly had a hard time taking him seriously. I felt like she was constantly trying to talk herself into her conversion to the Mormon church.

I agree with everyone on Loren and Alexi... She was annoying as crap. And soooo dramatic. Everything had to be a huge deal. When it came out that her bachelorette party was payback for his bachelor party, I felt even less sorry for all those crocodile tears she shed over their fight.

Even until the end the jury was still out for me on the Jamaican guy and his girl and Carolina and her guy. It was really hard to tell if any of them had genuine feelings. 

• Options
    I'm not convinced that Devar is in love with Melanie. He was surprised that she had spent her savings on those trips to Jamaica and that she expected him to support her. He's still going to want to send money to his sister. I'll bet their marriage won't last.

• Options
    @MairePoppy I'm thinking the same thing. And her sisters had such huge red flags about him. When people that close to you have such strong feelings it's usually worth considering their point. He is really good with her son, which is refreshing to see. But I can't help but wonder how much of it is an act.

• Options
    @MairePoppy I'm thinking the same thing. And her sisters had such huge red flags about him. When people that close to you have such strong feelings it's usually worth considering their point. He is really good with her son, which is refreshing to see. But I can't help but wonder how much of it is an act.
    He's very good with her son, but that was probably a very easy role to fill. The kid was so open and enthusiastic about having Devar join the family. It's hard to resist someone who thinks you're a hero. He's good with kids because he helped raise his siblings. 

• Options
    I didn't really think any of the couples would make it at the beginning of this season, but I really think Noon & Kyle will, they seem perfect for each other. 

Mark is just replacing his old wife with Nikki. Who is younger than ALL of his kids. Ew. He's trying to relive his life, with a new version of the woman who left him. 

I hope the relationship with Carolina and her MIL grows, and that she finds new friends, and that Fernando is faithful.....

I think Melanie & Devar will work out, he seems to love the son and wants to start working. I'm glad her sister came around, I think that will make it easier on them.

I think Josh is gay. And I really wanted Aleksandra to move back to Prague, but now she's preggo soooo that won't be happening. Glad his parents came around though, the Mom just seems to have ZERO emotion/personality.

Loren & Alexei... She refuses to live in Israel but then cries and makes everything about her when his family misses him because she's evil and made him move here... can't have it both ways darlin'
  • Options
    The only interesting couple this season was Mark and Nikki. I think Danielle and Mohammad from last season need a spinoff. Now that was a lot of entertainment.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards