• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Registering and Gifts

US/Canada Registries

My fiancee and I will be getting married in the states this summer, then I will be joining him in Canada after the wedding.  He is Canadian and the majority of his side will be coming from Canada for the wedding.  We are trying to make our registry as easy as possible for both our guests and for us (mainly being able to have things shipped to where he lives).  We are registering at Crate and Barrel, Bed Bath and Beyond, and Amazon.  I was thinking of also registering at Hudson's Bay thinking that it may be easier and more convenient for everybody in Canada.  Has anybody else been in a similar situation?  And should I be registering at any more places?
Thanks!

Re: US/Canada Registries

• My fiancee and I will be getting married in the states this summer, then I will be joining him in Canada after the wedding.  He is Canadian and the majority of his side will be coming from Canada for the wedding.  We are trying to make our registry as easy as possible for both our guests and for us (mainly being able to have things shipped to where he lives).  We are registering at Crate and Barrel, Bed Bath and Beyond, and Amazon.  I was thinking of also registering at Hudson's Bay thinking that it may be easier and more convenient for everybody in Canada.  Has anybody else been in a similar situation?  And should I be registering at any more places?
    Thanks!
    Three registries is plenty.
  • Find out what the shipping and return policies are for all the stores. We have Bed, Bath and Beyond and Amazon in Canada, and I have never had any problems returning stuff to the American Amazon site (their customer service is very good). The only one that may be an issue is Crate and Barrel because they don't have physical stores in Canada (unless they are in Border towns). 

Also, please remember that if you are asking people to purchase things from American sites that a) the Canadian dollar is really low now and it will be about 20% more; b) there will be taxes and customs fees that may have to be paid when it is shipped to Canada depending on the courier used. 

If you are looking for strictly Canadian Sites, just type in .ca in your website bar. We have most of the same stores as the States just more expensive.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards