Destination Weddings Discussions

Invitations

What all did you include with your invitation to your wedding? I've been thinking a pamphlet with info including average airfare costs, hotels and costs in the area, fun things to do in St. Pete. Things like that.  Our date isn't till August 6, 2016 so I have some time but I thought I'd ask what others had done! Thanks!

Re: Invitations

• Typically the "fun things to do" is saved for the wedding website and the welcome bags (if you are going to do them).  I wouldn't worry about airfare costs because people are capable of doing their own research, plus people may use their miles or go through a travel agent, or a site like expedia, or what have you.  Also prices can change from day to day.

As for the hotel, you could do a room block at one or two hotels with varying price points and just include an accommodations card noting the room blocks and the price per room.

With everything so easily found on the internet a lot of the things you think you should provide really aren't necessary.  If I want to know things to do in St. Pete I will just search around tripadvisor.

• What all did you include with your invitation to your wedding? I've been thinking a pamphlet with info including average airfare costs, hotels and costs in the area, fun things to do in St. Pete. Things like that.  Our date isn't till August 6, 2016 so I have some time but I thought I'd ask what others had done! Thanks!
    Personally, I think that is a bit too much to include in the invitation.  Your heart is in the right place, but there are more practical ways to execute everything.  Generally, your guests are adults who are capable of organizing their own travel plans.  You risk turning yourself into the travel agent for everyone.

We added our website to the save the dates, and are considering adding a card with it to the invitations.  Our website has information on the city, hotels with room blocks, information on transportation, and other basic things.  Airfare varies greatly depending on departure city, airline, arrival city (assuming there may be alternatives), time of year, even day of the week.  Rule of thumb is to never discuss the price/cost of something.  Allow your guests to see what will work for them. 

Best of luck!
  • We had a destination wedding.  We sent out STD in Jan for a Sept wedding.   The STD included the room block information.

The invite was sent out early July.  They included the invite, RSVP card and a FYI card.  The FYI card explained the wedding was on the actual sand beach, it said we were having a shuttle between the hotels and the ceremony.  We asked them to please email us at a special email address to confirm if they planned on using the shuttle (that was so we had an idea of how many planned on using the transportation - ended up being 90%)  

That was it.   

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2015
    The wedding invitation is sent with an RSVP card, assuming you are using one, and a small insert that directs people to your wedding website.  More than this will probably cost you extra postage, and is not necessary.  You don't want your wedding invitation to like like an advertisement for a travel agency.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards