New York-New York City
Options

Suggestions for ceremony in NYC park

50+andProud50+andProud member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited December 2015 in New York-New York City
We are planning our wedding for September and have put in a permit application to have the ceremony in Carl Schurz park but parks dept is telling me that chairs aren't allowed. They will let me have 10 chairs since I have elderly relatives to accommodate but I was really hoping for chairs for all guests (75). Any thoughts? It will be a short ceremony, 30 minutes, reception follows at an indoor location. We have the ability to have the ceremony at the reception location. The park is central to our story, it's where we met, so we really want to have the ceremony there. On the other hand,  it's rude to ask people to stand.
what have others done?

Re: Suggestions for ceremony in NYC park

• Options
    We are planning our wedding for September and have put in a permit application to have the ceremony in Carl Schurz park but parks dept is telling me that chairs aren't allowed. They will let me have 10 chairs since I have elderly relatives to accommodate but I was really hoping for chairs for all guests (75). Any thoughts? It will be a short ceremony, 30 minutes, reception follows at an indoor location. We have the ability to have the ceremony at the reception location. The park is central to our story, it's where we met, so we really want to have the ceremony there. On the other hand,  it's rude to ask people to stand.
    what have others done?
    30 minutes is not a short ceremony. Im sorry to shay this but I will not be happy if I have to stand up for 30 min. 
    I will not mind if it's 10min but 30 is too much... and how about kids? 
    I will do it at the reception if you have the ability to do it 
    good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards