Nevada-Las Vegas

11/12/15 Reviews: Springs Preserve, Scheme, LVCC, Black Chicken, Enchanted etc

kngatb123kngatb123 member
First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
edited December 2015 in Nevada-Las Vegas
Springs Preserve: B+, This was our wedding venue for the ceremony and reception. It was very beautiful. Communication was great at first but then my venue coordinator quit or was fired and no one followed up with me after that. I had to email and call several times as my wedding got closer before someone called me back. Other than that, everything was great! I used my IPhone for the music and it all went well. It was perfect for what we wanted and it all came together wonderfully (thanks to my DOC).                                                                                           Divine Events: A, They are the only people allowed to cater at Springs Preserve but they were awesome. Quick communication, super friendly staff and the food was out of this world. All the guests raved about it.                                                                                                                          Day-of-Coordinator: A+++ Traci from Scheme Events. I could not have done it without her. She kept EVERYTHING running smoothly and didn’t miss a detail. She met us at the venue the day before our wedding to walk through things. The day of my wedding, I had no anxiety because I knew she would take care of everything. She was wonderful. Scheme Events is not cheap, but it was worth every penny!                                                                                                                  Las Vegas Custom Cakes: A, Communication was outstanding, I felt like they could read my mind about what I had pictured in my head which was a relief after struggling to work with other companies. We had a cupcake wedding cake and it was delicious. The only thing wrong was they messed up one of the flavors of the cupcakes. But it was so good, we didn’t really care.                                               Bell Trans: A+ We used them to shuttle our guests to and from our venue. They were prompt and went out of the way to find our party when they were not sure where to go when getting picked up from the Cosmo. My Grandma fell off the curb at Cosmo and injured herself and the driver jumped right in to help her and called ahead to Springs Preserve to make sure a wheelchair was available when they got there. Really, how nice is that?                                                                    Cosmopolitan A: We stayed there for 5 nights in the wraparound terrace suite on the corner with views of the strip and the Bellagio Fountains. It was gorgeous! My hubby called before we left for Vegas to schmooze them into giving us a great room with the hint of a large tip. It worked. Plenty of room in the fridge, by the way. We just went to grocery store off strip to load up on food for the week. My guests rooms were also nice. The staff was friendly and everything was clean.               Peachy Keen Unions B: Communication was great and she wrote some really nice vows but…I am not sure if we rewrote them too much and she was offended, or she was just having a bad day, but she was not so friendly or put us at ease on the day of our wedding like other reviews have said. Just a weird vibe I guess, but we decided she was our least favorite vendor. Also, the officiant has ten days to file your paperwork to the courthouse and she did it on day ten. And that was only after I emailed her to ask about it on day ten and then she just acted like it was there all along. But you can see what time they filed it right on the courthouse website. It was all very strange. But in the end, we are married…so that’s good!               Enchanted Florist A: It was all beautiful. They worked with me on my vision and on my budget and it was so sad to have to leave so much of it behind when I flew back home. I never even met my floral ninja in person but it was all set up perfectly!                                                                                                             Black Chicken Photography: A, Corey was our photographer and he was great! Everyone loved how nice and easy going he was. Not intrusive at all and willing to do some requested poses. We have all rights to the photos and they turned out wonderfully. Highly recommend!                                                                       Harmony HMU: A+, What can I say that hasn’t already been said? She was great with communication, right on time and knew just what to do with my hair and make up when I had no idea what to do myself. She did my HMU and my Mom’s and two sister’s. We were all really happy and she was fun to be around.                            Rev. Roland August as Elvis: A+, We hired him to be a surprise for our guests during the reception. He was so fun! We didn’t have any dancing so he was the perfect entertainment. We said we should have used him for the officiant too.                                                                                                                                       Tux One: C, I sent my dress, my husband’s suit and his Grandma’s and Dad’s wedding clothes to them via UPS. Very disappointed with them. They were so nice on the phone but they didn’t have the clothes ready when promised and we had to kill time at the Japanese place next to TuxOne to wait on them. Then, after all of that, the clothes weren’t even pressed nicely. Still lots of wrinkles. Luckily, my dress was simple and forgiving so it wasn’t a big deal for me.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         All in all, except for my poor Grandmother’s injuries, it was a fantastic day! Wish I could do it again and slow down to absorb all of the beauty around me. Thank goodness for pictures! I planned this whole wedding via this Knot community. What a life saver!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 11/12/15 Reviews: Springs Preserve, Scheme, LVCC, Black Chicken, Enchanted etc

• Shoot!  I did something wrong and all of it looks like one paragraph now.  Sorry! Hope you can read it :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Springs Preserve!? I had never heard about that until this review. Absolutely beautiful, I just fell in love with that venue. May I ask how many guests you had, and roughly how much your catering came to?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It was about 3000 for thirty people (that includes service/staff charges, linen fee and clean up).  We had four passed hors d'ourvres plus two chef attended stations and the partial bar (unlimited beer, wine, soft drinks) for three hours.  We really loved Springs Preserve.  When we went to Vegas for a scouting trip, it was the only place that felt "right".  It is so pretty and you can get some cool pictures there.  We used the Frame house for the reception, but there is a neat indoor/outdoor option there too, if you need more room for guests or want it inside. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for sharing, and I appreciate the review! We just decided on a Vegas wedding so now I'm trying to figure things out from Canada, and I've never been to Vegas! Lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards