Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Day of hair and make up in ATL

edited December 2015 in Georgia-Atlanta
Happy Monday all! My fiance and I are getting married in late June. We got engaged almost a year ago and at the time June was 16 months away, but now it's right around the corner. I was hoping to find some guidance in these forums for some of the loose ends :).

We are having an event that's more like a big party than a traditional wedding, we opted not to have a bridal party though some good friends will be getting ready with us day of. None of my friends (including me) are big make up wearers and I'm 90% sure that it will just be me and my mom getting make up and hair done that day. I've been having trouble finding someone to do it - I have tried private companies that say they do not to have a minimum as well as salons we would travel to. So far, I've either not heard back at all or I've been told that it's too early for them to book (I'm assuming they want to hold out to make sure they don't get a larger wedding request - I can totally understand that, it's a business). It is on a Saturday - the wedding will start around 6:45 pm. 

That said, I think the salon-route is going to be the most likely to work out. I don't have a regular salon that I go to, so I'm just kind of making shots in the dark when I'm picking places to call. I thought perhaps people here might have some suggestions for short list that I can prioritize with my follow up on booking? We are getting married in the Poncy-Highlands area of Atlanta, live in the Candler Park area, and have a hotel booked in downtown Atlanta for the time around the wedding - so any of those places would be more than convenient, we'd also be able to make some place work that's a short distance outside that area (Buckhead, Decatur, etc). I just want my hair to be down or maybe half up/half down - I have never worn anything other than eye make up, so something fairly natural with a dramatic eye would probably be what I'm looking for (but I really don't know!). I'd love a place that would be open to doing a (paid) trial run. Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

Re: Day of hair and make up in ATL

• Options
    You could try Van Michael. They have locations in Virginia-Highland, Midtown and Buckhead, and they have a bridal coordinator to arrange the appointments. Nancy at the Virginia-Highland location did my makeup and I wasn't impressed, but they may have other makeup artists who do a better job.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Hey there - I'm looking into going to the Aveda Institute the morning of my wedding because we're on a tight budget. Don't know if it will work for you, but it's definitely worth looking into!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards