Wedding Woes
Options

Monday (2-1/2 days)

Is everyone ready for Christmas?  How was the weekend?

It was pretty good here.  I'm still fighting some junk in my head, it's not awful but my head feels hollow and my ears are stuffy and my throat hurts.  Hoping it will be gone by Christmas.

Wooz's party was fun.  Good Dinosaur was just okay, IMO, compared to other Pixar movies.  My mom loved it, though.  Got my wish, we ordered pizza in Friday night.  :)  Wooz had her riding lesson and looked really good, I think she's getting the hang of it.  Graduated to her next (and final) level in swim class. 

We went to see Santa, and got the obligatory Santa pic where Wooz looks delighted and DS looks like I imagine Bo Bergdahl on Serial:  confused, wary, trying to assess the danger, trying to plot his escape.  Wooz couldn't wait to tell me that she asked Santa, and he said they're both on the nice list. 

DH made more beef stew last night, and I love him for it.  Wooz and a couple of her friends showed up yesterday afternoon and Wooz wanted to do our gingerbread house kit, so we ended up giving everyone a side of the house to decorate.  It was basically an excuse to have icing and candy, I think. 

It is dead at work this morning.  I hope WW is entertaining today.

Re: Monday (2-1/2 days)

• Options
    We had xmas at my parents' house this weekend.  It was a great time.

We drove down Saturday and went to my sister & BIL's sweater party.  We did a white elephant game and then the entire party went to a bar for an ugly sweater contest.  We all took over the karaoke and had a blast.  We closed the bar.

I was hungover yesterday morning but got my shit together for opening presents and helping my mom make a huge lunch.  We got home last night and the house is a disaster.
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2015
    Friday, I took a half day.  DH and I went on a mini-date to a Pakistani restaurant (OMG, amazing).  We then went to DefConn's school for his Christmas party.  Their gift exchange was hysterical.   We got some redbox movies and had grilled cheese for dinner.  Inside Out gave me all.the.feels.  I loved it so much. 

Saturday, I did some shopping and wrapping.  We went out to a local burger place for dinner and then walked around downtown.   We took the kiddo's GF with us downtown.  She's a sweet girl.  DH and I both like her a lot.  

Sunday, I baked (cookies and cinnamon rolls) and made candy for 10 hours straight.  I sat down once to eat dinner.  I still hurt today.  

I'm off this week.  I was going to take DefConn to school today, but that's too much effort. I plan on getting laundry and some cleaning done.

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get dressed. Wait, I lied...I need to ship some packages.  ::le sigh:: 
  • Options
    DH had to work most of the weekend to cover for one of his co-workers.  The guy didn't show up at his other job for a couple of days and when they went to his apartment, they found him unresponsive.  He has pneumonia and not doing well.  Hospital called Dave's work asking if they had any information on next of kin (they don't), so I guess local police are now looking for relatives to notify. Sounds like he was a loner.  Very sad.

Friday I got off early and finished my shopping.  Came home, wrapped some and made dinner for DH between his shifts.

Saturday I woke up to a nagging headache that wouldn't let up.  I did a few things around the house and then gave in and hunkered down with the remote. I didn't get dressed all day - it was wonderful.

Yesterday I skipped church and DH slept.  We watched the Vikings game (his team) and then found out the Packers (my team) were only available on pay-per-view.  Ugh.  Bummed around the house, he went to work and I ran out to run some errands.

Back at work today. 
  • Options
    I moved out of my house this weekend.  I've gotten a downtown loft.  I feel so chic and, most importantly, free.  I was walking around downtown with a date who isn't familiar with the area and pointing out all of my favorite places: the indie movie theatre I love, the theatre I volunteer at to see live shows, the used bookstore where my book club meets, my favorite restaurants, the places where I have good friends living...and a weight just lifted from my shoulders.  I think I've made the best decision I've made for myself in so long in getting this apartment and moving on.  There's still a lot of work to be accomplished, but my head feels more clear and more light than it has in months.

We only have 3.5 days of work and I'm so ready for a break from work.

• Options
    We have been social 3 weekends in a row now, and I'm ready for a quiet Christmas. I've been baking like a crazy person, though, and it will just be the 2 of us. I don't know why I think we need 15 different kinds of treats here. 

But I'm on winter break for 2 whole weeks, so this makes me very happy. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    We did Christmas with my folks.  Ate a lot and laughed a lot.  We did family pics and it wasn't awful.  My mom told everyone to wear white tops and dark jeans.  My SIL and I had the exact same sweater.  Oh well, it was kitschy, but my mom is happy and I think there will be some good shots.

They are pulling wires and doing the rough plumb today.  Hopefully inspection tomorrow and drywall next week.  Carpet measuring is tomorrow and I want to pick paint colors too.

I still need to get chocolates for DH and get him cards.  I also need to wrap every darn thing and grocery shop.

@mrs.conn the rolls looked awesome.  I need some details and if you froze them etc.

• Options
    Heffalump said:
    Shutterfly shoutout:  I decided last Wednesday to order my mom a photo calendar, pics of her with the kids.  I did one when Wooz was a baby, and my mom periodically asks if I'm ever going to do another one.  So I did, for her, and they had these Disney backgrounds and stuff which were perfect for her.

Their site was all "last day for standard shipping!" and my confirmation said to expect my order between 12/22 and 12/24.  Excellent.  Got my shipping confirmation/tracking number over the weekend, and it said ...12/29.  :s

I contacted them, and within an hour, they had reprinted it, shipped it FedEx second day, sent me the tracking, and emailed a link to a survey about how well my complaint was handled. 
    I ordered 3 Shutterfly calendars on 12/14 for my mom.  They said to expect it 12/24.  They all got to my mom on 12/19.  I was really impressed.
  • Options
    @6fsn, I use the Pioneer Woman's recipe. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/cinnamon-rolls-recipe2.html

They are easy, but take some time.  And they are messy.  You can make the dough ahead of time (she recommends no more than 3 days).

I did not freeze this round.  I have in the past.  I feel like as long as they are tightly sealed in the freezer, they taste just fine.  Also, I prefer to thaw them almost all the way before reheating them. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards