Chit Chat

Who is working Christmas Eve?

2»

Re: Who is working Christmas Eve?

• I'm at work right now too! We're getting out early and my boss isn't even here. I'm counting down the hours until I can go home and snuggle my husband and kitty before we head over to my SIL's for Christmas Eve (despite being Jewish).
  • I'm soooooo bored.     My work phone has rung 3 times since 7:30am.  One email.   

DH just called my cell.  I got all excited.    Then he said "oh shit, I didn't want to talk to you.  I was trying to call [insert his purveyor' name].  I need to order food by noon".

:'( 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Me. But the company makes everyone work, so the whole day is split into 3 hour shifts. Not too bad, I did 6-9pm and tomorrow is 4-7pm.

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2015
    I worked every Christmas Eve for 28 years.  I was the church organist and choir director.  Midnight services were popular.  I didn't get home until 1:00 AM.  Now I get to sit and light the candles during Silent Night with everybody else.  Wonderful!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Masses started at 7:30 until midnight.  Then 7:30, 9:30 & 11:30 on Christmas. But I volunteer to help every year, so I can't really complain.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards