Chit Chat

Games for Adults

2»

Re: Games for Adults

• The Game of Things is the best. It's especially fun after a few cocktails :)
  • Utter Nonsense is our new favorite. Plays like CAH except the judge's card has a crazy accent (from the typical British, Australian, French, etc to Redneck or Pirate or Grandma or Orgasm--yes really, and my H always manages to win that last one lol) and everyone else reads one of the cards in their hand in that accent. So, so funny.
  • I can't believe I've never heard of most of these!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • @artbyallie We JUST GOT Utter Nonsense in the mail yesterday as a Christmas gift from my SIL. We're playing it tomorrow for the first time and I fully expect to pee my pants laughing at least once.

• DH and I got Sequence for Christmas and played last night .... yeah, that game is fun! And addictive!
  • I need to remember Utter Nonsense. Sounds perfect for my crew.

We play CAH a lot, but that's been old lately, even with all the expansions it seems like we've seen them all.
  • jenna8984 said:

I like Apples to Apples and Taboo.

Me too. also Consensus and 5 Second Rule.
  • DH and I got Sequence for Christmas and played last night .... yeah, that game is fun! And addictive!
    We LOVE sequence in my family! H and I play it alone, and we also play it with basically everyone who comes over. We bought it for my 10 and 11 year-old nephews for Christmas, and they also liked it. Good game for all ages, and super easy to teach people to play!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • BIL bought us Exploding Kittens for Christmas. We have not played it yet, but I have heard it's fun.

Also, Sequence. It's not necessarily an "adult" game, but it's a go-to in my family. H and I play it when it's just us, and we also play with other couples in teams. It's a super easy game to learn, and it moves pretty quickly.
    We played Exploding Kittens this past week.  We had a lot of fun with it!
  • DH got Pandemic also for Christmas, but we haven't tried it yet.  We usually play cards - Rummoli or 65 (a variation of rummy) cos I grew up gambling for pennies during my childhood Christmases) or Phase 10/Sticks.  

I love Taboo and second (third?) Heads Up.  But I hate Balderdash, probably cos I suck at it.  

• Bananagrams! I must admit, my nephew got the new pie in the face game and it was an absolute root...even though I got a pie to my face.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• anjemonanjemon member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2016
    Games. We love board games. Ticket to Ride is my very favorite, I just gave a friend one of the expansions for Christmas yesterday. But we also love the super long games, we played the Firefly game on Jan 1st and it took 6 of us around 6 hours.

For less involved games, we love Exploding Kittens. H's parents loved that one at Christmas too. We also got the Jack Box games, it's available on xbox or Steam (we have a media center). You Don't Know Jack is the best known game of the set, but our group loves Drawful. Everyone gets a random suggestion to draw, then each drawing is shown and people have to come up with a name. After everybody makes a name you try and pick the actual answer. It's very fun and funny.

Also popular in our group right now are Pandemic (which is fun because you are working together) and Sheriff of Nottingham (which is a bluffing game). I got Splendor and 7 Wonders for Christmas so I'm currently making people play that as well. Oh, and we had a lot of success with Tokaido which is just so pretty.
  • H and I just had some friends over this weekend and we played Chicken Foot.  Takes awhile but it is pretty easy, doesn't take much thought, and you can easily eat, drink and talk while playing it.

• ElcaB said:
    The Game of Things is the best. It's especially fun after a few cocktails :)
    I believe The Game of Things is a lot like Loaded Questions, the latter of which we've found we enjoy a lot more, so you may be interested in checking it out! It works best if you already know your other players a bit, but it's not bad for getting to know new people as well - a mix of old and new friends can make it pretty awesome. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards