New York-Long Island
Options

ATLANTICA CAN'T AFFORD LEASE!!! CLOSING 10/31/09!!!!

This complete bull sh*t, I booked my wedding there over 4 months ago, paid the deposite to get a call tonight saying that they cant afford to renew the lease at Atlantica in Westhampton and they are moving to a hotel in Long Beach!! DO NOT USE THEM THEY ARE AT THE ALLEGRIA HOTEL NOW, TODD AND GINNY JACOBS. The first time we booked with them they double booked and gave our date away and this was there second chance.

Re: ATLANTICA CAN'T AFFORD LEASE!!! CLOSING 10/31/09!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. I just heard about it myself. That is ridiculous.
  • Options
    alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    it happens. when is your wedding? what does your contract say about refunds? fyi: deposit and their :)

• Options
    Diana&JoshDiana&Josh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry.  I had heard about this, it is awful.  Can you get your deposit back?  Don't worry, you will find the perfect place for you.
  • Options
    lm3898lm3898 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow I'm so sorry!  I almost booked there but they were really expenisve!  Try the Montauk Yacht Club if you're looking for a beautiful place out there or Gurney's or google "private estate hamptons weddings" good luck!
  • Options
    lm3898lm3898 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, if what you're saying is true about them being the Allegria now, what is terrible is that my friends booked at the Allegria for a wedding 3 months ago.  They were ASSURED that it would be open in time and they got a call TWO WEEKS before their wedding saying that, in fact, it would NOT be open and they had to be relocated....these people clearly do NOT know weddings...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If it's true sorry to hear about it, however I been to 2 weddings there this past summer. Both wedding were fabulous!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Girls! I just joined the knot 2 days ago, and this was the first post I read!  I have been waiting my 2 days so I can post to you!! I am so sorry that is happeneing to you, I would be LIVID!!  But on a good note (and trying to find a little silver lining for your situation), I am actually having my wedding at the Allegria and it is an amazing place!  I know that there will be some reviews saying that it wasn't ready on time etc. (and it wasn't) but actually living here in LB I know how the city is horrible with permits etc. and that is what was holding them up.  They have had 7 weddings so far, and everyone who I have spoken to who went to them have said that it was excellent.They did however take very good care of the people who they were not able to accomodate before they opened.  For instance...this summer my friend was supposed to get married there, and since it wasn't open, they moved her to the Garden City Hotel.  They bought her a new dress (hers was beachy and not a Garden City Hotel kinda dress), they bought all of the bridesmaids dresses, and paid for the wedding there itself.So I guess what I am saying is, go take a look at it, and then make them throw in all kinds of EXTRA'S!!Hope this helps :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow...so sorry to hear this bad news make but be sure to review your contract and get everyting you deserve back and more.  Try to make postiive and look forward to finding the right location which would love to cater to you instead.All the best of luck in finding a new place!Regards,Marina 
  • Options
    Toolis70Toolis70 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got the same phone call.  Actually no!  My DJ called me to let me know.  Can you believe it?  I feel your pain.  I am so upset right now, I don’t even know what to do with myself.  Have you rebooked a place?  If so where?
  • Options
    edonne07edonne07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm one of those girls too, found out from the person i was going to book my rehearsal dinner from when I was visiting Long Island on my weekend off. Took a nice ride to Long Beach, upset that my dream wedding was ruined and believe it or not they took pretty good care of me. It sucks that Atlantica made a few business moves the screw us over.. but the true judge of character is what they do to fix mistakes and I can honestly say I've never met a business person more caring than Ginny Jacobs. So despite the fact that things seem to suck, but in the real world they owe us nothing but our money, however they are good people and they are making sure my fiance and I get way more than that. Good luck to you and your choices in the future, just remember theyre good people and they are willing to clean up their mess. -Erin
  • Options
    10101b2b10101b2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am one of these brides also... we booked in FEB 2009 for a October 2010 wedding.  I am so frustrated - we already have our band and photographer... thank goodness I was too indecisive to pick my save the dates - so I didn't waste $ onthat.But we are having the hardest time finding a new venue - for our wedding which is now less than a year away!!!Ugh. We live in eastern LI and want to do something out here - that is not a wedding factory feel... I understand your pain!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Every time I dealt with Atlantica (I thought about getting married there and on behalf on my clients) it was always the most frustrating experience in the world. I had contacted someone at the allgeria for a client of mine and they are up to the same old tricks as they were at the Atlantica. I can't stand these people. For the girls that have been told they can no longer have their wedding there, have you printed invites and purchased things based on getting married there? If you did you should pursue getting some of your costs covered. I am so sorry that happened to you. But perhaps it will work out for the better.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ugh I can't believe your DJ had to call you and tell you! That's awful!
  • Options
    10101b2b10101b2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually found out from someone emailing me through liweddings.com!GRR.. the hardest thing is nothing was stressful upuntil now and it is supposed to be a party and fun!
  • Options
    lex22109lex22109 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Has anyone found any additional venus on eastern LI that have a similar feel? To the girls who feel they are being taken care of by the owners and the new Allegria location all I would say is buyer beware, they are not ethical business people. I spoke with the manager at the Westhampton Bath and Tennis Club who rented them the space who assured me the reasons Ginny Jacobs were giving me as to why they did not renew the lease are bullshit and they had been having tons of issues with Atlantica for about a year... I would say that is most likely because Todd and Ginny Jacobs had been planning there move to Allegria for over 2 years. It makes me angry to think that they booked all of our weddings whole heartly knowing and most likely using our money to fund there new restaurant.  I do not agree that they are good people I think they are self-fulfilling and shallow. At least if that would have warned us that they may not be there in a couple years and gave brides the risk factors involved with booking there they would not have pissed so many people off. Bottom line is they knew what they were doing the whole time and I would not trust working with them anytime in the future. 
  • Options
    lex22109lex22109 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And I agree this was a really fun process up until you get set back months and have to replan it all, I'm not sure who has time to do this twice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Take a look at Lands End in Sayville, Bridgehampton Tennis and Surf Club, Old Field Club, Montauk Yacht Club, Mamorneck Beach and Yacht Club.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also check out Trumpets in Eastport, Gurney's. From what I understand East End Entertainment has provided additional services at no extra charge and/or reduced rates on east end dj's and their bands to accomodate the brides. I am so thankful to be working with Mike at EEE. I have heard nothing but great things about EEE
  • Options
    lm3898lm3898 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That really is terrible.  As for places...Trumpets was ok, a little small, a bit pricy for what they offer but on the water, Montauk Yacht Club is gorgeous but expensive...you should get out The Pridwin Hotel on Shelter Island...SO beautiful...huge wraparound porch on the water...good luck!
  • Options
    10101b2b10101b2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am still searching!  We looked at Gurneys, Montauk Yacht Club, Sole East (in MOntauk) and the Pridwin on Shelter Island, and Wolffer estate in Sagaponack.
  • Options
    lm3898lm3898 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did any of them work for you?  What were the problems, if any?  Other wineries you might want to consider are:Bedell CellarsPellegrini VineyardsMartha Clara VineyardsRaphael Vineyards
  • Options
    lex22109lex22109 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the Old Field CLub in Stony Brook is nice but a little small for us.  I would love  MYC but it's too much $$$. I did like Martha Clara and Ken the guy who runs everything is really nice. I have heard that Gurneys is a little run down but it is right on the beach which is nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    2 more suggestions East By Northeast -Montauk the old Field vineyard in southold has both waterfront and vineyards a tent is necessary
  • Options
    BNSVG4everBNSVG4ever member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I too "was" to be a July 2010 bride Atlantica.  I was completely blown away by the news and very unhappy with the way I found out-through my brother and not through them.  HOWEVER- after speaking with Ginny, myself, they did not ask for this in any way!  Allegria was going to be their 2nd location.  Todd was in the process of training staff at Atlantica to make his dishes-he was then going to be working over at the new location, Allegria.  It is the scumbags of Westhampton who "DOUBLED" their rent.  After 13 years of business at the westhampton location, it is pretty sick and awful that money hungry people would be that cruel.  So, unfortunately, a lot of families including the Jacobs and all of their unhappy couples, are having to pick up the pieces.  After retiring, Ginny, is back in the wedding business to help Todd with what has unfolded.  They are MORE than willing to work with you!  ..and if you don't want to work with them...don't!  They will give you your FULL REFUND!  Ladies...use this as a bargaining opportunity!!!  Other places on Long Island KNOW about YOUR situation and are willing to help!  I just checked around at some other places, including Trumpets, and are in open arms ready to welcome customers of Atlantica.  So jump on this!!!  My goodness....this is reason to save a little cash and make your life easier!  And remember it's about you and your soon to be "husband," and your loved ones.  :)  This is the worst that could happen!  Once figured out...not much more can come your way! ..and if so, you are prepared to take it on!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually got married there a little over a week ago on the 16th.  I was lucky that my wedding still went on and actually it was very beautiful.  I also heard from someone other than Atlantica-a co worker in the area and then I called them!  We looked at Gurnyes and MYC first and they didnt compare to the view, etc.  Gurneys was a bit outdated for us...MYC is amazing but at the time was a lot more $ and a bit far to travel from Hampton Bays.  We just stayed a night at MYC and the service was amazing and their redo was great.  Good luck to all of you and I am so sorry that you have to go thru this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards