Wedding Woes
Options

My friend wants me to manage his life and I don't want to

Dear Prudence,
I have a good friend who struggles financially. He keeps his rent money in a PayPal account; every month, his sister withdraws the amount of his rent from her own account and delivers him the cash, and he sends her the PayPal amount. When his sister can’t for some unforeseen reason, I get calls asking me to do it. He says it’s to prevent his bills from being auto-withdrawn from his rent amount, but I find the whole situation weird. Once, he didn’t ask, he just sent the money via PayPal and begged me to get it to him that night. He has a habit of assuming I will do him favors without asking, which bugs me like crazy. But I don’t want to be responsible for him losing his housing (especially since he was homeless briefly this year).

–Last-Minute Banker

Re: My friend wants me to manage his life and I don't want to

• Options
    Um, NO.  Last-Minute Banker would not be responsible for him losing his housing.  The friend is irresponsible.
  • Options
    I had to read this question over a few times yesterday when I saw it on Slate.  I just read it again and still cannot follow the logic in this guy's process! 
  • Options
    Wow! I think a piggy bank might be easier for this dude.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards