New York-Long Island

chateau briand tastings

Hello ladies,i am getting married at Chateau Briand next July. My BM is telling me they "don't do tastings,"  because they are part of the Scotto Brothers (they are restaurant owned) and their reputation follows them... but I'm not sure if i'm buying it. I had a conversation once with the manager and he told me to arrange it with my BM, but she's claiming I misunderstood...any thoughts?

Re: chateau briand tastings

• edited December 2011
    Call your reception hall and speak to your banquet manager. I know Jericho Terrace doesn't usually do tastings either, but they do have a lot of showcases where you can try their food and often times they'll bend the rules so you can get out there and do a tasting anyway. I know I'm going to ask for a few changes to our menu so hopefully they'll let us taste it. Just explain your reasons as to why you feel like you should have tasting and see what they say!
  • edited December 2011
    I am having my reception at the Watermill, which is also a Scotto Family venue.  They don't do tastings.  When we booked, the manager we worked with brought us a "sample plate" as part of his sales pitch, and we've tried their appetizers at their expos, but the do not do tastings other than that.  I did try to call and ask for a special exception, and they refused.
  • edited December 2011
    thanks ladies. this is helpful. i wasn't sure if she was trying to pull a fast one on me..
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there in June and they told me the same thing.... But I did hear very good things about there food there.  I also used to work at one of hte Scotto Brothers restaurants and they do have great food!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards