New York-Long Island

L.I VENUES

Hi! I am debating on whether have a L.I wedding or a City Wedding, with the economy and all, I need to know what's more convenient and get more. I have a couple of places in mind, have set an appointment but would like info BEFORE meeting with any BM. If you have attended a wedding to any of the ones below, I would like some feedback. THANKSMiller Beach Surf ClubWoodbury CCOld Field ClubLessing's Caterers @ DowlingCrestwood Manor

Re: L.I VENUES

• edited December 2011
    I've been to work functions at the woodbury country club.  It's very elegant, and the food was great.  You have to have an outdoor cocktail hr to experience that big patio and fountain, though! I was there in the winter too, and it doesn't have the same feel.
  • edited December 2011
    From what I heard the Woodbury CC is going out of business or changing owners, so they haven't been booking any weddings.
  • edited December 2011
    SKAYG, I got married at the Old Field Club and so did my sister. Tom who is the manager is great to work with. He is very flexible. The space is clean and the food is good. My sister also got married here and it was great. I did make lampshades to go over the chandeliers because I hated them but the space otherwise is great and it is nice to be able to get married outside. I looked at the Miller Place Surf Club there was something about it that I just thought wasn't appealing, I can't really put my finger on it. My mom goes there a lot for job related events and loves it.
  • dsophia19dsophia19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live right near Crestwood Manor and I also work with an entertainment company so i've been there to get an idea of how we can enhance the space with  our services, and it's a great venue.The manager there is changing things around and really cleaning the place up by renovating and working on some interior decor (i got a chance to see their color palatte for one of the rooms and it all flows very nicely).I also know that they only do one wedding at a time as opposed to other venue that say they do, and then you end up bumping into another bride before your reception (not fun).Let me know how the appt. turns out for you and if you meet with the manager (Severo), tell him Diana said good things, he will be thrilled to know people are considering them.
  • Laur20Laur20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked at Old Field Club and LOVED it- unfortunately I was alone in that feeling.  My parents thought it smelled like a funeral parlor- not sure where they came up with that...We ended up booking Crestwood Manor.  Like the other post- they are making some changes to the space.  I almost didn't look it based on the website but I got to see the new paint etc. and think I made the right choice :)  It seems they are looking to  make a name for themselves and are very reasonable as far as price for both a saturday and friday (we entertained booth).  They have also been very accomodating so far, with the few requests we had before signing.Good luck!!!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Girls... Will keep all your advices in mind
  • edited December 2011
    I just planned my 2011 wedding at Bridgeview. I looked at quite a few included Woodbury. THe place is very nice but we really didn't want a venue that had 2 weddings going on. There are 2 seperate weddings but their was already one planned for the same day as us so we wouldnt have gotten to use the large, outdoor cocktail area. I looked at the Riveria in Massapequa and loved it. The grounds are gorgeous. We decided not to go there only b/c of the size of the ball room- but we loved the rustic feel. San Souci in Sea Cliff was gorgeous outside as well. The room was a little small for our needs as well but it was very nice. How many people are you looking to invite?Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards