Chit Chat
Options

Hi again, and some wedding stories

Since I've been consistently lurkingish the last little week or two, I thought I'd update those who remember me being pretty active:

Bean is almost 4 months old. She is cute. Things are good with me and her and DH. DH is likely to finish his Ph.D around May and then relocating or not comes into the picture.

I was in one wedding on Halloween, bride was lovely, everything was lovely, she actually consulted me several times on etiquette stuff and on the Catholic stuff which is my actual expertise. She did do robes and the photog tried to take a picture in them, but that was it.

I was in another wedding late November, and it was a shitshow etiquettewise. Mostly because of the MOB's vision, but B&G are nowhere near blameless. There was a head table where Bean and DH were elsewhere. There was a 2 hr gap. Bride had an aunt be her personal attendant (and she advised the young "junior" BMs on the proper selection of one). WP had to buy matching nude shoes because our dresses were different and we needed continuity.

Most hilarious things here from MOB:
  • MOB provided lunch for the captive WP, but it was a "white lunch" and kind of gross, because we could not be trusted not to ruin bride's dress by eating normal colored food around her.
  • MOB told photographer that WP would be dressed and ready in 15 minutes, while many of us were still eating. God forbid the pictures get behind schedule. I had Bean with me at the time. Okay. I'm glad you can guarantee my dress and makeup will be completed in 15 minutes, especially when I'm taking care of the baby.
  • MOB bought the same hose for everyone and expected us to wear them so there would not be leg color discrepancy in pictures. Because that's how that works.
  • After WP pictures in the gap were completed, we were at the venue and the Jr. BMs tried to go set something down at their seats in the ballroom (rather than carry it around awkwardly). MOB stopped them... because B&G "previewing" ballroom was in the schedule and it was really important to her that they get to see the empty ballroom before anyone else.

Re: Hi again, and some wedding stories

• Options
    Bean is SO CUTE!

That MOB is just hilarious.... hilariously awful. Hose and a white lunch? Wowza. 

• Options
    What on earth do you eat for a white lunch...plain bagels and...ranch dip...and cauliflower? wtf?
  • Options
    Bean is so cust.

I think people are taking this bride = everything white a little too far.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Were you using the brides dress as a table cloth?  Or did MOB think that you would trip and fall into the brides dress with a chicken wing in your hand?  And I hope that you poked a very large hole through that pair of hose when you were putting them on.

• Options
    Were you using the brides dress as a table cloth?  Or did MOB think that you would trip and fall into the brides dress with a chicken wing in your hand?  And I hope that you poked a very large hole through that pair of hose when you were putting them on.
    Didn't wear them. Saw they were there, took a pair, never opened it.

White lunch was lunch meat turkey on pita (condiments spell disaster, so none of those, and lettuce was either too difficult or too dangerous?) and green grapes. And water.
  • Options
    Holy crap, I'd be starving 30 minutes after that.
  • Options

White lunch was lunch meat turkey on pita (condiments spell disaster, so none of those, and lettuce was either too difficult or too dangerous?) and green grapes. And water.
    She could've at least given you champagne.
  • Options

She could've at least given you champagne.
    I'm pretty sure that the MOH, bride, excellent bride friend from the Halloween wedding, and I were the only ones over 21, so it probably seemed impractical. (Lots of younger cousins in a close-knit family.)

But yes.

Halloween bride and I at least had each other at the head table and to share myriad eye rolls throughout the day/entire planning process.
  • Options
    Bean could be the Gerber baby.
  • Options
    Hey Flan, good to see you!  Bean is GORGEOUS.  Nice to have you back!
  • Options
    If you were hungry you should have nibbled on Bean's cheeks. Holy cuteness!!
  • Options
    Belated congratulations! Bean is adorable. Surely, she could have spit up on that MOB?

• Options

Belated congratulations! Bean is adorable. Surely, she could have spit up on that MOB?

Do you think that would have been okay? Bean did have a white lunch also.
  • Options
    Bean is ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also - I am loving your "Leg Color Discrepancy." I can't believe a bride/MOB actually made that a thing.
  • Options
    Bean is ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also - I am loving your "Leg Color Discrepancy." I can't believe a bride/MOB actually made that a thing.
    The best thing about the hose is that the bride asked me my opinion about it about a month before the wedding - i.e. "someone just mentioned to me that I may need to worry about hose, do you think I should dictate it or no?" and my answer was basically "Why the F is that a thing you would worry about?" but didn't dwell too much there because she was already worrying about matching NUDE shoes.

My main point was that sometimes hose cause people's feet to slide and become painful in shoes they wouldn't otherwise have chosen to buy for themselves (subtle, I know) and so they should be able to decide whether to wear hose or not and really, this is not in the realm of things that should ever be worried about. She thought, "hmm, maybe good point" about the uncomfortableness.

Saw the hose there and thought "I'm glad neither my opinion nor common sense carried much weight here..."
  • Options
    geebee908 said:
    Do you think that would have been okay? Bean did have a white lunch also.
    That's why I suggested she spit up on the MOB, who was probably not wearing white. The thing with spit up is that no matter how well you clean it up, you can still smell it, even if no one else can.

• Options
    Bean is so ridiculously cute!

I would have wanted to sneak in a big bottle of red wine...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards