New York-Long Island
Options

Riverhead/North Fork Hair/Make Up rec's

Hi, I'm getting married in June at the Vineyard Caterers on the North Fork in Aquebogue. We'll be staying at the Best Western in Riverhead. I'm looking for either a team of hair and make up people or a salon to go to. I Need updo's and make up for me and my 6 girls, then less formal more like really good blow outs and make up for 4 older women. I think one hairstylist and 1 make up artist is too little for such a large group. I don't want to have to start getting ready at 6 am for a 6pm wedding. If anyone knows anyone good in the area, I would appreciate the reccomendations so much. This is a mini destination wedding for us, as we're from Staten Island, so we're not familiar with much in the area and are depending on word of mouth and instinct. Thanks so much in advance!!! Michelle

Re: Riverhead/North Fork Hair/Make Up rec's

• Options
    inaJaMinaJaM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was just at a wedding at the Vineyards a few Sundays ago.  It was amazing, everyone was dancing the whole night.  The music was by East Entertainment, if you didn't book your dj, give them a call.  I still talking to my friends about what a great time it was.  Oh, far as hair call Ann direct 332 0362 and make-up call Yolanda 467 7646.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Totally agree with the music suggestion east end entertainment is great ask for michael or john.
  • Options
    lm3898lm3898 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    inaJaM: Do either of those people you listed have websites?Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used www.makeupbymarisa.com for makeup!!  She was fantastic!!!  I only needed her, but I am sure she has other artists that she could bring for a larger party if that is what your needs are.  Definitely check her out!  Good Luck!  HTH!!!
  • Options
    MiDushi85MiDushi85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Too funny... My name is Michelle and I am getting married at VC (10/3/10) and staying at Best Western too :). Did you get the suffolk suite for the night of? Can't wait to hear about your experience. I'm looking into hair and makeup as well, so please let us know who you decide to go with!
  • Options
    JFowleyJFowley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies, I was in a wedding last February and we got our make up and updo's done at Carolyns Salon - Hair and Nail Care right in Aquebogue, their website is http://www.hairnailcare.com/ they were very nice, worked on a time budget, did a great job, and not to expensive. They did all ages in the wedding party and family. I really enjoyed them and it was my first time there. Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards