Ohio-Cleveland

Mapleside Farm wedding EXPERIENCE

Do NOT get married at Mapleside. Email me at OurMaplesideWedding@gmail.com to hear all about our experience.

If you are considering Mapleside, feel free to contact me for more details. The owner may tell you that I am making things up but I actually have audio of conversations. We were promised a completed barn, a new ceremony site, and even a discount from the catering company for our troubles. All of these turned out to be untrue.

--------------------------

I was married there a couple of months ago and the experience was absolutely terrible.  A few days after the wedding, we were asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement that would prevent us from sharing our story. Two months before the wedding, we were informed that the barn would not be completed and the new ceremony site would not even be started until after the barn. With it being only 8 weeks until the wedding, our options were limited. Mapleside informed us that the 22% service fee would not be only 10%. Because of what seemed to be an understand of the situation, we stuck with them and beleived what they told us. Then on the day of our wedding rehearsal we received a call saying the discount would no longer apply because it was only a discount if we chose not to use the barn and isntead moved the wedding into their lodge. HOWEVER, this was never explained to us and the General Manager admits that he never clarified it. So it was quite a shock being handed a contract during the rehearsal for nearly $2,000 more than we expected. This is just one of the MANY problems we encountered.

The main problem is that Mapleside allows Taste Of Excellence to handle all of the weddings. Mapleside simply receives a check from Taste Of Excellence. However,  Taste will tell you things that turn out to not be true and Mapleside will not hold them accountable. Taste of Excellence can then simply say "we are the catering company and that is it." while Mapleside can say "we just rent out the property". There is not one person in charge and because of that the communication is beyond deplorable.

If the owner of Mapleside, Greg, or any representaive of Taste Of Excellence tries to say that I am making anything up, simply email me and I can provide emails, audio recordings, and notes from the many meetings we had with them. Sadly this is all true.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards