Attire & Accessories Forum

Azazie

So many bridesmaids dress questions now that I've started looking! My question now is has anyone used azazie for their dresses? If so, have you had good results? I ordered some color swatches because I heard the colors do look different online. What about sizes? Are they good? Is the quality good? I'd love to just pick a bunch of dresses and then have my bridesmaids order whichever they like best. This would also help address my previous questions about getting my sister/MOH her own unique dress and also trying to help my pregnant bridesmaids pick a dress that she'll be comfortable in two months post-baby.

Thanks!

Re: Azazie

• This internet site has no brick and mortar store.  I would hesitate to order from any site like this.  Also, they don't carry major brands, just their own merchandise.  I would be very skeptical.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • As a bridesmaid I HATE not being able to try on something before I buy it, especially a $200 dress (random number, but pretty typical price).  even with measurements, I've never had one fit correctly.  
  • If you just go to David's Bridal, everyone can find a budget dress that they like, and they have very fast delivery, due to their marketing strategy.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • WesternMA0516WesternMA0516 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2016
    I disagree with previous posters. After reading many reviews of Azazie around the internet and reviews of the dresses on the site, I ordered from Azazie for my bridesmaids (just yesterday actually!). I researched so much to avoid ending up in the midst of some scam or hassle. While I haven't received my bridesmaid dresses yet, I feel good about the experience so far. 
    Why did I go with them?
    • They have great color options. I loved the swatches I received.
    • They have tons of options so each bridesmaid can be comfortable.
    • They had a sample program, but they disabled it recently. I ordered three sample dresses in different sizes this fall and found the quality to be very good and the fit to be good as well. The bust was a bit larger than expected but everything else fit well and was well made.
    • My bridesmaids live all over and we weren't going to be able to go to a store to try things on anyways. 
    • The dresses shipped from California USPS within 5 days of my sample order and I returned shipped them to California. I called a California phone number with questions and spoke to someone who spoke fluent English. I've used their live chat and email chat and gotten thorough answers to all of my questions. 
    • They also had a sample sale in their showroom in California this fall, so they certainly do have a brick and motor location, though they don't have regular hours. 
    • Their facebook page is active and has real people commenting as visitors. 
     I get why people are suspicious, as I was as well, but I think Azazie is reputable. I'll keep you posted, as the dresses should be in the first week in February. 
  • I'm looking forward to hearing what you find, @WesternMA0516! I didn't know about this store before today, but now that I'm looking through it I want some of their dresses for myself!
  • I disagree with previous posters. After reading many reviews of Azazie around the internet and reviews of the dresses on the site, I ordered from Azazie for my bridesmaids (just yesterday actually!). I researched so much to avoid ending up in the midst of some scam or hassle. While I haven't received my bridesmaid dresses yet, I feel good about the experience so far. 
    Why did I go with them?
    • They had a sample program, but they disabled it recently. I ordered three sample dresses in different sizes this fall and found the quality to be very good and the fit to be good as well. The bust was a bit larger than expected but everything else fit well and was well made.
    • My bridesmaids live all over and we weren't going to be able to go to a store to try things on anyways. 
    • The dresses shipped from California USPS within 5 days of my sample order and I returned shipped them to California. I called a California phone number with questions and spoke to someone who spoke fluent English. I've used their live chat and email chat and gotten thorough answers to all of my questions. 
    • They also had a sample sale in their showroom in California this fall, so they certainly do have a brick and motor location, though they don't have regular hours. 
     I get why people are suspicious, as I was as well, but I think Azazie is reputable. I'll keep you posted, as the dresses should be in the first week in February. 
    The bolded says it all.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragain said:
    I disagree with previous posters. After reading many reviews of Azazie around the internet and reviews of the dresses on the site, I ordered from Azazie for my bridesmaids (just yesterday actually!). I researched so much to avoid ending up in the midst of some scam or hassle. While I haven't received my bridesmaid dresses yet, I feel good about the experience so far. 
    Why did I go with them?
    The bolded says it all.
    She got samples.
  • I heard about this site from a real life person who actually used it, which is why I'm considering it. Just would make everyone's life easier.

Thanks for telling me about your experience, @WesternMA0516! Definitely keep us posted please!
  • I am also curious about this company! I like a majority of the dresses on there.

E-commerce is so popular that I think it's common for a company to only sell online and not have a brick-and-mortar store. This goes for all kinds of merchandise. I do understand that there ARE scam websites out there that produce cheaply made dresses, but just because a company doesn't have a physical store location doesn't automatically mean that they cannot be trusted. There are benefits to not having a brick-and-mortar and only using the internet to reach customers. Researching the company, though, is always recommended.
  • Azazie is also something I may consider.  I got a really positive vibe from it from an older post on TK from past brides who had gone with them, and I really loved their selection.
  • I have decided to use Azazie for my bridesmaids as well.  Ordered three sample dresses back in the fall, and all three dresses were of good quality and construction.  Shipping the sample dresses to me and back to Azazie was quick and easy.  I have also done reasearch and found tons of positive reviews for people who have ordered their dresses.  My bridesmaids are planning to order sometime next month.  Everyone at Azazie has been very helpful and quick to respond to any questions you have. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Thank you to those who saw my reply as helpful and were supportive.

To respond to "the bolded says it all", I wonder if you bothered to read the rest of my reply. As I said, I understand being suspicious and worried that you'll get cheap dresses from an online store, but there's no reason for the snark, particularly because you don't say that you have any proof that Azazie isn't reputable. These forums are about helping people and sharing information. I did a ton of research on Azazie and wanted to share it with someone who was looking into the same company in that spirit. I don't claim to be an expert, but I certainly am not clueless or uninformed. 
    As a side not, I had a terrible experience ordering a bridesmaid dress from a "brick and mortar" bridal store. I would never do it again. I was manipulated and paid way too much. My goal with Azazie was to avoid a similar experience for my own bridesmaids and I'm really hopeful it will work out. I will keep you posted. 
  • @westernma0516 please keep us posted!  Did any of your girls order the custom sizes?  I know a couple of mine are considering that option. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Definitely keep us posted about your experience. It'd be nice to know of another online source to direct brides to.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @AW3380 Two did custom, 3 did not (their preference). The 3 who didn't were really close to the size chart. 

• I am also considering Azazie. I like that the girls will be able to pick different styles and colors but the same fabric. Looking forward to @WesternMA0516's follow up!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • My girls are doing Azazie for their dresses - one girl ordered and already received her dress, and she really loves it, only needed a bit of alterations on the length (she's very short, and decided not to do the custom fit) but I believe they reimburse up to a certain price for alternations. 
  • Two of the dresses just shipped (two standard size). They should be here Friday, so just under 3 weeks. I'm excited! 
    @Knottie1453305971 They do have an alteration allowance, but only for the custom dresses. 
  • I am ordering my bridesmaid dresses from Azazie and have heard great things, and the site has great reviews. I simply could not find anything similar at other bridal shops and had positive responses here, and saw the good reviews online. Although the sample program is disabled, I ordered a few samples a few months ago and we were pleasantly surprised by the quality! I was very skeptical of ordering online without seeing a dress first - that it would look cheap, not the right color, etc. - but the samples were great, good quality and looked like the photo. I 100% understand being skeptical, but they seem reputable and were easy to deal with during the sample process.
  • azzie was seen on the today show and theknot so if the knot and the today show are backing them up they have to be ligit 
  • All 5 dresses have arrived! 3 weeks from when I placed the order, which is what I was quoted. Their timeline has since jumped up to 8-10 weeks. 
    Thoughts so far:
    Quality is very good. The standard sizes match the measurements online. The color matches the swatch. Everyone is happy with the fabric and quality, though the bodices on all the dresses seem pretty complicated and could make some needed alterations tricky, we think, though no one has been to a seamstress to see if that's necessary. 

2 of the 5 did the custom sizing. 1 of the custom size dresses is literally perfect- she needs no alterations! She is super pleased and loved the dress, the styling, everything. The other custom sized dress didn't fit as well, but BM admitted she took a little off her measurements because she is hoping to lose weight and because the reviews she read said the dresses seemed to run big. Turns out, this is not true. The length is perfect and the measurements match what she sent in. She's concerned that the bodice is too complicated to be adjusted by a seamstress but she hasn't tried yet. I think it is possible it will work out just fine. Azazie doesn't take returns on custom sizing, but they do offer an alteration allowance. 

The 3 BM with the standard sizes are very happy.  They will all need hems and some small alterations in the bust and waist, but everyone was pleased with how flattering the dresses are. I particularly liked the way the 5 different styles work together. Can't wait to see them on the big day! So glad to have this checked off my list! 
  • All 5 dresses have arrived! 3 weeks from when I placed the order, which is what I was quoted. Their timeline has since jumped up to 8-10 weeks. 
    Thoughts so far:
    Quality is very good. The standard sizes match the measurements online. The color matches the swatch. Everyone is happy with the fabric and quality, though the bodices on all the dresses seem pretty complicated and could make some needed alterations tricky, we think, though no one has been to a seamstress to see if that's necessary. 

2 of the 5 did the custom sizing. 1 of the custom size dresses is literally perfect- she needs no alterations! She is super pleased and loved the dress, the styling, everything. The other custom sized dress didn't fit as well, but BM admitted she took a little off her measurements because she is hoping to lose weight and because the reviews she read said the dresses seemed to run big. Turns out, this is not true. The length is perfect and the measurements match what she sent in. She's concerned that the bodice is too complicated to be adjusted by a seamstress but she hasn't tried yet. I think it is possible it will work out just fine. Azazie doesn't take returns on custom sizing, but they do offer an alteration allowance. 

The 3 BM with the standard sizes are very happy.  They will all need hems and some small alterations in the bust and waist, but everyone was pleased with how flattering the dresses are. I particularly liked the way the 5 different styles work together. Can't wait to see them on the big day! So glad to have this checked off my list! 
    Thanks for the update!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards