Not Engaged Yet

Not Yet Engaged, But Wanting to Plan

Hello! 

My boyfriend and I have known for a few years that we will be getting married sometime after I graduate this May. He has not officially proposed yet, but I know it is coming. We both would prefer around a 6 to 9-month engagement, but my mom insists that 3 months is the proper time (there is no way to argue with her). Is there anywhere that can sell me a beautiful dress in a short time frame, or should I do some planning behind my mother's back before he pops the question? 

Re: Not Yet Engaged, But Wanting to Plan

• Is mom paying for the wedding? How is it that she gets to pick your wedding date?
  • As PP have said there is no need to do any planning behind anyone's back. Wait until you and your BF consider yourselves engaged (there doesn't need to be a ring or an elaborate proposal for this, just an agreement between the 2 of you that you want to get married and start planning a wedding) and then decide on an approximate date range that works for you, your FI, and anyone who is contributing financially. Then start looking at venues and go from there.

FWIW, you can plan a beautiful wedding in a short amount of time so there is no need to do any pre-planning.
  • Are you graduating high school????
    Hahahaha. This.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• What in the WORLD? Three months? I'm not saying it can't be done but you're going to have a horrific time booking all the vendors you'll need.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards