New York-Long Island

Poll: DOC?

How many of you ladies are having a Day of Coordinator? And who are you using if you don't mind me asking!

Re: Poll: DOC?

• nycbride11201nycbride11201 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Caitlin Russotti and she has been so phenomenal. My two sisters used her for their weddings and everything has been perfect. She is my planner but she does day of coordination as well. She is coordinating all of my guests travel and hotels as well as the wedding. Her website is CaitlinRussotti.com HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    I still have a few months, so I may change my mind, but as of now I'm not using a DOC. I think it all depends on what you need done and who you already have helping you to do things, etc.  I met with my caterer yesterday, who's done so many events at my venue and usually also does the room set-up.  We were on the same page and he will be onsite to oversee everything, so while before I thought I'd need a DOC for the reception, I'm comfortable now not needing one. My reception site is at a different location; I'm wondering if the few things I need done can be done without the aid of a DOC.  This is the sticking point right now.  Should I need one, then I'll get one and also have them swing by the reception venue - just to be there and make me feel like my fee is being fully utilized.
  • edited December 2011
    This is exactly my issue! I feel like- is it worth it for the peace of mind? Or am I just throwing more money down the drain? Ahhh we'll see when I get closer to the day.
  • edited December 2011
    So worth it!  Some of them start helping you before the big day; ours is great!  Just talk to one of them about what your budget is, and maybe they can work with it?anyway, let me know if you want more info/feedback!I say go for it!
  • Diana&JoshDiana&Josh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not having one and to be honest I never really contemplated it.
  • edited December 2011
    I guess it'll really depend on what I need to be done. The thing I worry about the most is the candy buffet. So far, it sounds like my RH will set that up for me, even though I'm DIYing the whole thing. I guess I should call them and find out a definite answer, huh? I just hate calling for every little thing, so I try to write down all my questions and only call when I have like 10 of 'em. LOL!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm leaning towards getting one, but I may find someone that's looking to break into the industry, in order to give them a chance and on my end, cut costs. The reception is all under control, no problem there.  But I am now thinking the ceremony location will need someone to oversee things.  I'll need someone to make sure the florists set things up right, work out anything should something unexpected happen.  And then when we get there, gather the family members for portraits, keep super early guests down in the main waiting area, and then after the ceremony coordinating the guests into shuttle cars and packing up leftover programs, etc.  I think, at the very max, I'm going to try to keep this at about $500 - which should be doable.  I've done so much but in the end, I can't be at the ceremony location while I'm getting ready, so someone else has to be.  :/  Ah well, I tried my best.
  • edited December 2011
    slbriz- $500 is not bad at all! Not for peace of mind! I just don't know how to go about finding someone whose new to the industry!
  • edited December 2011
    I found someone on Craiglist, waiting for a reply and a list of references.  She's only charging $300 (for 8hrs) and is based out of Queens.  She has done some events but isn't as seasoned as the others recommended by fellow knotties. There's also Renita Price, who charges about $450 - here's her blog:  http://renitaprince.blogspot.com/search/label/Package%20PricingOvents international (don't know too many that have used them, but they look professional at about $500 for two planners:  http://oventz.com/packages.aspx)  and Caren Jeanty, who'll be my back-up at $500:  http://www.qcweddingplanning.com/qcwedding/websites/services.asp?q=5598 - not as seasoned but seems to have a done quite a bit.Hope this helps; definitely for $500 is piece of mine worth it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards