Georgia-Atlanta

Wedding Photographer - discounted rates?

I am getting married in 2017 in Atlanta and trying to get some prices for good photographers... most have pretty high rates for shooting a wedding. However, I am looking for one that will capture some of the pre-ceremony, the ceremony itself and for about 30 minutes after to capture photos of us with our friends and family. I do not want a photographer for the reception period (we are only planning to have 40 guests, at most). If anyone can send me some info. on photographers who would be willing to negotiate for handling a wedding without the reception. 

Re: Wedding Photographer - discounted rates?

• Google Holly Doughty photography. She photographed my future sister-in-law's wedding last spring and was great. Tell her Paveena referred you :)
  • Have you done any research on area photographers that you like? The Knot's tool is really great for searching and narrowing down a few vendors. I don't think it would be a terrible idea to just email some vendors that you like and see if they're willing to create a custom package based on your needs. Do you know what day/time of day you're getting married on yet? That may also help with negotiation.

• On her site now... she's amazingly talented! I will definitely reach out to her and will let her know how I came to find her. Thank you so much for the suggestion. 
  • Thanks! I have a few friends in the industry who have been helping to guide me with respect to how I can negotiate. We haven't chosen a venue yet (I change my mind every week) so we have time... I am just working out the first draft of my budget at this juncture. 
  • Just stay away from Leianna Boenke and Lovelei Photography. We were lured in by her cheap prices. Now it's been 15 months since our wedding and we are still waiting on pictures.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards