New York-Long Island

Cocktail hour start time on invitation?

My cocktail hour starts at 7pm but is about an hour drive for all of my guests and on a Friday in which I know there will be traffic. Do you think its better to list the start time as 630pm? Our venue is Oheka Castle and they will allow guests to enter if the party has not started. Please lmk your thoughts

Re: Cocktail hour start time on invitation?

• Why not just change the start time to 6:30 if you think it will be more realistic in terms of arrival?  It may be easier to change the time than to be dishonest with those guests who will arrive on time only to have to wait around until 7 pm for things to start.

Just curious, but why is the cocktail hour location an hour's drive during rush hour on a Friday evening?  You may lose some of your attendees who do not want to deal with the traffic or who may view it as an inconvenience.

For example, I live in Atlanta (HORRIBLE TRAFFIC) and if I had to attend a ceremony in one location and drive on a Friday evening in this crazy traffic across town to the cocktail hour, I might just skip either the ceremony or the reception so that I could also skip the headache.

• Where and what time is the ceremony?
  • agree with @Jazzykins87 change the time to 6:30
  • My church ceremony  is about 15 mins away at from the venue where the reception will be held and is at 3pm. I don't except everyone to attend that im not offended if people attend only the reception. Our reasoning was people will most likely be in traffic anyway because that is just how Long Island is especially on a Friday late afternoon. our venue will have a bar open so if people do actually get there at 630pm they wont be waiting outside.
  • My church ceremony  is about 15 mins away at from the venue where the reception will be held and is at 3pm. I don't except everyone to attend that im not offended if people attend only the reception. Our reasoning was people will most likely be in traffic anyway because that is just how Long Island is especially on a Friday late afternoon. our venue will have a bar open so if people do actually get there at 630pm they wont be waiting outside.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards