Chit Chat

Obsessing about going off BCP

2»

Re: Obsessing about going off BCP

• I went off the pill shortly after i got married cause i knew in a year or so i would want to start trying for a family. My face exploded with acne (and my back) when i got off the pill and it didn't help that i'm a picker too! since then everything is under control and my face doesn't look red, and gross anymore. I used a bunch of stuff from the dermatologist and over the counter but then a friend suggested Rodan + Fields and its helped soooo much! still off the pill with no plans of ever getting back on it! Good luck!
  • chloe97chloe97 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2016
    I'm back lurking from the Bump and I just wanted to share my experience. I went off the pill 5 months before wedding and I am glad I did. It gave my body 6 months of cycles before TTC and I was able to tell my doctor that I was extremely regular, which is important b/c I have polycystic ovaries and at this time my doctor is ruling PCOS b/c of my regular cycles.  Also, pleasant side effect- I lost 10 pounds in those months more easily than it had been before.

It seems like you have at least 3 months before your wedding and that should be enough time for your body to get itself back together. And honestly any issue that you may have from going off the pill should either be resolved by then or if it's acne, covered by makeup. As stressful as wedding planning was, it's not nearly as stressful of dealing with a pregnancy loss and/or issues of infertility. I've never felt anxiety like I have the last 3.5 months.  

Now that I am 5 months post my wedding and 6 weeks post miscarriage, my number 1 piece of advice to brides who are looking to TTC right away is go off your BCP and chart your temperatures. Also you can start learning about what your cervical mucus is like and your cervical position, so that when it's time to start trying to make a baby, you are ready to go! As a PP said, TCOYF is a great read and FF is an awesome app for charting. I wish that I had more baselines to compare my last 2 cycles to b/c now I have no idea if the funky things that my body are doing are normal for me or b/c of the miscarriage or something completely different. My acupuncturist has asked me for charting data and I just don't have it.  

If you get a chance @laurad75, I highly suggest lurking at The Bump at the TTC over 35 page and the Trying to Get Pregnant page just to kind of get a feeling for how things go for women.  Also, chat with your doctor, b/c of your age, they may want you to consult with a fertility doc/RE sooner than later if you don't get knocked up right away. 

Good luck! I hope to see you on the Pregnant over 35 boards this summer!

ETF Words
  • Before this thread goes zombie I just wanted to thank everyone for their thoughts and sharing their personal experiences.  I spoke to my dr. yesterday who is very supportive of me stopping BC.  I am going to stop taking them after my current pack and see how it goes. 

Yesterday I started reading TCOYF and I'm fascinated.  I feel like this is going to change my life.  

Thanks again gang!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards