New York-Long Island

Location for Wedding Photos - Long Island, NY

Wedding is on Sunday, June 6, 2010.My fiance & I are stuck on looking for locations to take photos.Our Ceremony is at 1pm - St. Patricks Church, BayShore, South Shore-Western Suffolk & our Reception is at 5pm - Chateau Briand, which is in Carle Place, South Shore-Nassau.We have about 2 - 2 1/2 hours so we are trying to find something along the South Shore to take photos.We had in mind Old Westbury Gardens but couldn't due to a Car Show event they have every first Sunday of each month.Need Help!! Please :)Thank you!

Re: Location for Wedding Photos - Long Island, NY

• alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    you can take in argyle park in babylon village, the village green in garden city....you could also probably go to jones beach for a bit for pics.

• lucyslovelucyslove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about Jones Beach to take photos in the sand. I'm not actually sure if you can without a permit but it would be beautiful photos!
  • edited December 2011
    What about the Bayard Arboretum?
  • momskaterbugmomskaterbug member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to Bayard Cutting Arboretum (sp?) over the weekend and this needs to be pre-booked -- they charge $100 for use of their grounds for photos, $14 to park a limo, $7 a car; trolleys etc are not permitted and they must, before hand, have a copy of your photographer's insurance...  beautiful there though!!
  • edited December 2011
    since you are in Bayshore why not go down to the bay. i forget the street name, but the one where the YMCA is located there is a beach at the end of it. I know there is a dock and also regular beach area. i do not know if there are rules about taking photos, but it might be worth looking into since its very close to St pats. BTW that church is beautiful!
  • edited December 2011
    If you don't mind going north a little, C.W.Post's campus is beautiful. You do have to call and get permission first, but its really worth it.
  • edited December 2011
    Farmingdale State University's teaching gardens are gorgeous. I think they charge $250.
    There are a lot of different areas to photograph in. Rose garden, herbal garden, woodsy sort of areas, annual beds, perennial beds, rock garden.
    Its off of 110 just south of Northern State and LIE, so it's basically on the way to your reception from your ceremony.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards