Not Engaged Yet

Friiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiday!

Good morning and happiest of Fridays! 

I'm staying home this weekend and I'm going to FT with my stepdad and mom since I can't make it down to see them. The weather is supposed to be just too bad for me to drive through. 

H and I will spend tomorrow on the couch with the kids and continue our The Wire marathon. Hopefully the winds aren't as bad as they're predicting because I do not want to lose power. Sunday will be football. I'm rooting for Peyton and Cam. 

I finally stopped at the jeweler about my rings last night -- I had a reaction to the metal in October and had them redipped because they're white gold, the reaction started happening again about 2 weeks ago so I haven't been wearing any of my rings in that time period. Basically, I have to test out each of the 3 and see if I'm just having the reaction to one of them as opposed to all of them. We're thinking it might be my 1st anniversary band because it's the newest. So today, I'm just wearing my e-ring which feels and looks so weird. I'm going to pretend I'm newly engaged :lol: 

Re: Friiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiday!

• @Swazzle Stay safe in the storm! And good luck with the rings! I hope you get it all squared away.

TGIF! I just have to get through work today. Tonight I think we are going to see if my cousin and her kids wants to go out to eat. If not then just BF and I will go. 

Tomorrow I will do what I need to around the house. I really need to do laundry and especially wash our sheets and comforter. Tess sleeps with us so they are covered in dog hair. Tomorrow night we will most likely lay low. The storm was supposed to hit us hard, so everything around here is shut down, however now they are saying we might not get anything at all so who knows.

Sunday is Patriots. As for the NFC I'm not too sure who I want to see win it, I'm thinking Arizona but the Panthers would make for a good fight if the Pats make it to the Superbowl again so we shall see.
    friends tv show funy
  • @southernpeach89 A St. Patrick's outfit sounds adorable! I can never stay away from the baby clothes when someone I know has a baby.. I can't imagine what I will be like with my own children!

@jenna8984 Hope you're able to get out this weekend.
    friends tv show funy
  • @caseface5 - 11 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!

@southernpeach89 - Awww I can't wait to see Callie in her St. Patty's Day outfit! 

@jenna8984 - Awww I love fat babies! Yay for Monday's ultrasound!!!

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2016
    @labro - Kick ass at your 5k! I hope it's not cancelled!

• @labro - I hope your race doesn't get canceled.  :(  I want pictures please if you guys run (or run/walk) at the finish line.  
  • I'm hunkering down tonight and waiting to see what happens with this storm. I may or may not be able to go to work tomorrow, so I am probably going to postpone my classes that start tomorrow and move them to next week. I don't have any other plans except to bundle the hell up and stay strong on the potty training. It'll either be great or a nightmare lol

I probably won't see BF this weekend if its bad :( we will see.
  • @labro Hope your run is still on, you'll do great!

@minskat30 Uuuuugh that sounds terrible yesterday. I honestly haven't met anyone who DIDN'T think the maternity leave in this country is bullshit. So that sucks that people who think so would actually argue with a pregnant woman about it!

• @labro I hope you get to do your run!

@minskat30 I didn't really want Tessie in the bed, but BF invited her up a few times and the rest is history. I love snuggling with her, but I hate that I get the shaft on room and the dog hair drives me up the wall!!
    friends tv show funy
  • Good morning. I am SO glad today is Friday. No plans for this weekend which I'm absolutely ok with. My goal for tonight is to go to the gym after work (if I do it will be 4 days that I've gone this week). I'm pretty proud of that!
    I hope you guys all stay safe with the blizzard coming! Sometimes I wish we would get one, just so I would have an excuse to make cocoa and watch Netflix. :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Thanks everyone!!! @southernpeach89 is running the 15k portion so she needs the vibes more than I do!!!! She is going to kick ASS!

@minskat30 The situation at work just makes me so upset for you.... I know how it feels to just be shocked into silence and then kick yourself later for allowing that. I hope you're feeling better today. You are such a strong and intelligent person and the men who made those remarks are idiots! <3

• @wink0erin I think nobody actually knows with any accuracy just what is going to happen with this storm. Our county pre-emptively cancelled school today because the temperature is close enough to freezing that it could turn to snow and ice way earlier than is modeled! I hope you don't get buried!!!!!!

• @speakeasy14 I'm glad you're feeling more normal today! I promise it was worth the pain yesterday! Please share Callie snow photos next week!

• @speakeasy14 I'm glad you're feeling better! My insertion was crappy too as I'm sure you remember, but I am SO glad I got it. And I'm glad it lasts years because I don't want to go through it again for a long time lol
  • @speakeasy14 Yea I was doing those with her last night for a bit. She likes it when we do that but nothing was really coming out. So far so good today...not acting like she is uncomfortable or anything.
  • @speakeasy14 I need snow boots so badly. My two pairs of boots aren't made for snow at all. I also have Raynauds, and its the worst in my toes. They go numb and turn white or blue. It sucks. Prosciutto pizza sounds AWESOME. 

• So I had my injections class this morning, I also asked my RE about going to the Bahamas mid March and he said we shouldn't go because of the zika virus.   I'm really bummed I was looking forward to getting away. 

So stupid snowstorm is just ruining things, with all the snow they are predicting I don't see how we will even be able to get up there for the wedding tomorrow night.  H is cancelling our hotel reservation, so unless the storm somehow disappears we won't be going.  I was looking forward to it, and I feel so badly for H's cousin and the bride too. 

So H & I will probably just be home this weekend, nothing too exciting.

@speakeasy14 Glad you are feeling better today

@labro good luck with the run tomorrow I hope it happens

@minskat30 sorry about the bad interactions at work, how upsetting

@swazzle stay safe in the snow we get!

@wink0erin stay in the snow. I hope they let you leave early.

@southernpeach89 you have to show us when she wears her St. Patrick's Day outfit

Anniversary

• Ugh I'm mad at work. HR came down our hall and said everyone should leave, so we all started to get ready to go. Then my supervisor called a hall meeting (in my office, haha) and he told all of us we have to take vacation time if we do leave because the governor hasn't excused state offices and our agency head has firmly stuck by the "you must take leave" policy. We have a new employee who has no leave time, so his pay would end up docked. So I got mad and said it was garbage that I have to take vacation time to work from home... And also it's garbage to be told conflicting things. And also it's garbage they expect a new employee to take a pay cut. I'm a bit argumentative, because honestly I'm ok staying for another hour, but if I have to take vacation time I'm not doing any freakin work from home and I'm sick of being treated like shit for being a state employee. 

Little bit later I guess my argument got to the director becuase she came down and said if the Governor doesn't call off state offices we can work the time next week by staying late, which I will be doing anyway, so I think I'm going to leave in a few minutes.

Since 9am there have been about 4 inches of snowfall!

• @Peaseblossom55 Any chance you can change your vacation plans to somewhere else not affected by zika? You could still vacation in the Florida Keys maybe...or maybe a barrier island in north Florida, Georgia, or SC or NC!

• @Swazzle ZOMG Congrats!!!! We need some Pinterest inspiration for your wedding.  ;) Kidding aside, I'm glad you opted to stay home this weekend since the weather is going to be so bad. 
    @caseface5 @jenna8984 @untouchablets I hope you guys don't get stuck in the crazy weather!
    @southernpeach89 I'm glad Callie is feeling better today! Sounds like you guys are going to have a perfect Friday, even if the weather is awful. :) I can't wait to see pics of Callie in her St. Paddy's Day outfit!
    @labro I really hope the 5k doesn't get cancelled! A Hot Chocolate 5k is perfect for cold weather!
    @minskat30 UGH those guys sound like douches, even if they don't realize they're being douches. I'm sorry you had such a rough day yesterday. I really hope this weekend is great and that you guys make a lot of progress with the reno!
    @beachyone15 LOL yes, I wish for a blizzard for those reasons too!
    @wink0erin Hmmm sounds like you are coming down with a sudden case of the flu and should leave work ASAP! An inch an hour is insane! 
    @speakeasy14 I'm so glad you're feeling better! 
    @peaseblossom55 I'm so sorry that you guys won't be able to go to the wedding or the Bahamas. :( Could you guys take a different vacation this year instead? Maybe a cruise to Alaska, or if you want a beach then you could hit up Myrtle Beach or Hilton Head or Miami? 
    ---------------
    This is me today:

H didn't get home from work until midnight last night, and I stayed up to make sure he made it home safely because I'm a worry wart. We're both feeling like zombies today.

All I ended up doing last night was hang out with Zoey. She slept HARD on my lap while I watched Scrubs. She snored so loud lol. 

Tonight we plan to go over to a friend's house and watch The Prestige, but otherwise we have no plans this weekend. We really need to start packing up the apartment, and we need to finish transferring all our monies to our new bank.  Fun stuff, I tell ya.

While I was waiting for H last night, I started reading Orphan Train. I bought it a few years ago but never picked it up, and then @swazzle recommended it a few weeks ago, so I figured it was time to actually read it. I'm only 30 pages in, but I'm hooked! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @wink0erin my feet react the worst too. These are the boots I got, and based off reviews they are good in the snow.  If these suck too, I'm just going to get a pair from LL Bean. 

@southernpeach89 it sounds like it may have worked then!

@peaseblossom55 that really sucks, but better safe than sorry.  Where is the wedding though?  Maybe it would be easier to go up today since it will be done by Sunday?
  • I'm sorry @Peaseblossom55 - I think all the doctors (at least all the ones I've talked to) have said "no go" to Caribbean trips right now for pregnant or trying to get pregnant ladies because of stupid zika.  Still really sucks.  

@speakeasy14 - I'm glad you are feeling better.  

@wink0erin - I hope you don't have to use your "oh shit" bag...screw that, leave work early if you have to to get home safe. 

• @Peaseblossom55 Sorry you guys can't go to the wedding or on your planned vacation. I hope you guys find somewhere to go!

@speakeasy14 Glad you're feeling better.

@wink0erin That sucks about work! I used to work at a hospital before I worked at the school I do now, and we were considered essential personnel even though I did payroll. They always said "we can find something for you to do, like delivering meals to patients." I was SO happy when I moved jobs and am now no longer considered essential. I hope they do something for you!
    friends tv show funy
  • @speakeasy14 - I'm so glad you're feeling better! I told youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards