Honeymoon Discussions

Budgetc honeymoon ideas

alhaley88alhaley88 member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited January 2016 in Honeymoon Discussions
We live in central indiana. Our budget is roughly $2000. We would like to go to a caribbean island but not Jamaica or the bahamas. I've looked at cheapcarribbean.com. anyone have any suggestions for locations/resorts/time to book or vacation sites similar to cheapcarribbean? Not looking for all inclusive.

Re: Budgetc honeymoon ideas

• Travel Zoo is a nice site for vacation deals. We've used Vacation Express for our last 3 trips to Riviera Maya, Mexico area - they are all inclusives though but really good bang for your buck especially on a limited budget. For $2,000 you're not going to get one of the higher end places but you could still have a nice vacation for sure. Just make sure you're also factoring in spending $$ for excursions if you want them, tips, parking at the airport/food at airports, etc because that will add up quickly.

I'm also in Indy and we fly out of Cincy instead of IND, though mostly it was because Vacation Express originally didn't fly direct from IND (they do now) but then also we liked the flight days for Cincy better than IND so we keep going from there.

• My sister recently went to her travel agent & told her, I want to go to somewhere warm for 4-5 days that's all inclusive & the budget is $1,000 per person including flight, see what you can find me. Travel agent found them a nice place in cancun for 5 days.
  • alhaley88 said:
    We live in central indiana. Our budget is roughly $2000. We would like to go to a caribbean island but not Jamaica or the bahamas. I've looked at cheapcarribbean.com. anyone have any suggestions for locations/resorts/time to book or vacation sites similar to cheapcarribbean? Not looking for all inclusive.
    You do realize that this is a travel agency?  All on line travel sites are simply travel agencies.  Go to a local agent with your FI and have a talk.  See what they can do for you.  It is their job to find you the best deal.  They cost you nothing.  Just like online travel sites, they are paid a commission by the vendor.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards