Wedding Woes

Airing of Grievances

httpss-media-cache-ak0pinimgcom236x4be75d4be75d509d77e2feb01562d038b235ffjpg

@PMeg819
you may have the floor. . . .

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

Re: Airing of Grievances

• Ughhh, this damn job is preventing me from doing nothing.

Let me eat something really quickly.
  • Don't stick me in a 2 hour meeting over lunch and then think I'm going to feel like working.  I'm not, I'm totally cashed and now I'm watching funny gifs like this:

Diva, stop printing off and bringing me copies of the e-mails you send me.  You wanna know what I do with them?  Throw them in my shred pile, immediately.  B/c I read the damn e-mails.  I don't need the paper version.

Dear hormones:  stop fucking with all of me.

• Okay. I am ready.

1. DH is driving me up the wall on several things.
    a. One day he told me has like 40 days of PTO to take off. So I presented ideas for vacations and was ready to book. But then he waffles on it. Okay, so I say let's think of other things. Then it's back to my original ideas. Now he's telling me that he just doesn't want to do it because traveling with two kids is stressful. It's not really a vacation because of that. Oh, and that we are taking so many trips. Bitch, between your number of days and my number of days we have more than enough time available. Secondly, suck it the fuck up because guess what- we're parents. And we're not waiting around until things get easier. I want to go to the beach and goddammit I am going.

b. He keeps going to bed late which then means I don't sleep good. And I'm trying to get up to work early which means that doesn't happen because I'm too damn tired.

c. He bitches about my spending on things but then turns around and buys the most useless shit ever. He bought a bunch of random DVDs because they were on Blu Ray and were cheap. Great. But they all suck and other than getting watched once so he can confirm they are shitty, they are just going to pileup. I won't even get started on the theater.

2. Work is just a pain in the ass. I have way to much to do and now I'm more or less getting told that it's really suspicious that I don't have enough time to things done. You know- basically insinuating that I sit around and do nothing and pretend to be logged in at work. I have a long list of reasons why I'm behind, and my new manager is sort of annoying me with his responses to it all. It's 1:30 pm and I'm just now eating for the first time today and I haven't even had time to take a shower. I'm obviously just doing nothing.

3. DD and DS are just at stages where they are trying my patience. I need DD to move past the terrible 2's and 3's to become better behaved and not the feral beast she keeps acting like. DS has decided that he needs to get attitude. He told me in the car yesterday that when he has kids he won't yell at them ever. Okay, come see me in 25 years and tell me don't yell. Because you will yell when your kid spills juice all over the floor after being told 3547584 times not to run with the cup in their hand, or instead of getting ready for school decides it's a great time to sit down with 435879 Legos to build the Death Star.

That's it. There are other things like the fact that I want a new purse but I know if I try to spend the money on the one I want, DH would flip his shit. But I swear, I need it. I really do.
  • Can I cop a squat on this post?

1.  Purchasing sent a PO to one of my suppliers with the wrong (higher) price, and now we're trying to go back and get credit.  Supplier is also a sister company of ours, so we should be getting inter company pricing, but they have not been terribly transparent, so I have some doubts there.  It has been a cluster.  I don't want to be all "not my problem!" but I don't even work in purchasing.  It's my product, but I don't request quotes or issue POs, I just look at the cost in SAP and go from there. 

2.  In the middle of all this, another customer shows up.  In our lobby.  Y'all, we are a manufacturer.  This isn't Target, you don't just drive up, grab a cart, and start shopping.  They are local-ish (2 hr drive), and our local account manager is...challenging.  He told them they could stop by (!), but of course he's not in the area today.  So guess who got to entertain them? 

On the plus side, I think it might actually be a winner.  On the minus side, there was an older dude and a younger dude, and Old Dude took one look at me and said "Oh. We were hoping to speak with someone in engineering."  You show up out of the blue, you can deal with whoever retrieves your ass from Lobby Purgatory, buddy.  I am not an engineer, but for what he was doing, it's not like he needed custom design or electrical troubleshooting, it's off the shelf product.  We chatted in my office, I got shipping to pull a sample out of inventory, they seemed happy, and they went on their way again.

Everything was fine until lunch, and then this afternoon has been ridiculous.
  • PMeg819 said:
    Okay. I am ready.

a. One day he told me has like 40 days of PTO to take off. So I presented ideas for vacations and was ready to book. But then he waffles on it. Okay, so I say let's think of other things. Then it's back to my original ideas. Now he's telling me that he just doesn't want to do it because traveling with two kids is stressful. It's not really a vacation because of that. Oh, and that we are taking so many trips. Bitch, between your number of days and my number of days we have more than enough time available. Secondly, suck it the fuck up because guess what- we're parents. And we're not waiting around until things get easier. I want to go to the beach and goddammit I am going.

Take a cruise!  They have day camp activities for the kiddos, so you can still enjoy the vacation. We did a cruise with our families a few years ago.  Nieces & nephews were 3, 5, and 11. The kids loved it (they actually cried when they had to leave camp each day and were asking to go back after we returned from the cruise).  The parents loved it because they got to enjoy a kid free vacation, while still being able to do activities with the kids when they wanted. It was the most relaxing, stress-free trip I've taken in a long time.

• PMeg819 said:
    Okay. I am ready.

Boo DH, boo!!!  How old are your kids?  I admit, as children we *could* be pains in the asses on trips (4 in my family) but we were usually very well behaved and we had a lot of fun with our parents and other family members on trips!  Trips were more infrequent and closer to home when we were toddlers and early grade school, but then we did a big summer trip once a year or so.

b. He keeps going to bed late which then means I don't sleep good. And I'm trying to get up to work early which means that doesn't happen because I'm too damn tired.   Couch time, hubby!

c. He bitches about my spending on things but then turns around and buys the most useless shit ever. He bought a bunch of random DVDs because they were on Blu Ray and were cheap. Great. But they all suck and other than getting watched once so he can confirm they are shitty, they are just going to pileup. I won't even get started on the theater.  Oh FFS.  I hate when ppl do shit like this.

2. Work is just a pain in the ass. I have way to much to do and now I'm more or less getting told that it's really suspicious that I don't have enough time to things done. You know- basically insinuating that I sit around and do nothing and pretend to be logged in at work. I have a long list of reasons why I'm behind, and my new manager is sort of annoying me with his responses to it all. It's 1:30 pm and I'm just now eating for the first time today and I haven't even had time to take a shower. I'm obviously just doing nothing. This is a big ole pile of fucking bullshit.  I'm sorry.

3. DD and DS are just at stages where they are trying my patience. I need DD to move past the terrible 2's and 3's to become better behaved and not the feral beast she keeps acting like. DS has decided that he needs to get attitude. He told me in the car yesterday that when he has kids he won't yell at them ever. Okay, come see me in 25 years and tell me don't yell. Because you will yell when your kid spills juice all over the floor after being told 3547584 times not to run with the cup in their hand, or instead of getting ready for school decides it's a great time to sit down with 435879 Legos to build the Death Star. 

I'm sorry to laugh, but this was amusing.  What is it again that keeps us from killing our kids?  I mean besides jail? :-P

My nephew is almost 2 and he is THE spitting image of how my brother was growing up- very bright but super mischievous and destructive.  My nephew goes into full Juggernaut mode when he's pissed and literally destroys everything in his path.  My brother and SIL are counting down the days until he's 4 or 5, lol.

That's it. There are other things like the fact that I want a new purse but I know if I try to spend the money on the one I want, DH would flip his shit. But I swear, I need it. I really do.   Just do it.  Then when he bitches point to the useless pile of Blu-Rays and remind him that you use your purse every damn day.

Heffalump said:
    Can I cop a squat on this post?  Absolutely!  This is for all of WW to bitch!

1.  Purchasing sent a PO to one of my suppliers with the wrong (higher) price, and now we're trying to go back and get credit.  Supplier is also a sister company of ours, so we should be getting inter company pricing, but they have not been terribly transparent, so I have some doubts there.  It has been a cluster.  I don't want to be all "not my problem!" but I don't even work in purchasing.  It's my product, but I don't request quotes or issue POs, I just look at the cost in SAP and go from there. 

Oh my effing gawd, I can relate to you with purchasing issues.  I work in a lab for a university and we have such a PIA system to go through in order to place orders. 

If it's over a $5000, which is easy to do when you are ordering expensive reagents for big projects, you have to have a quote, and a Sole Source Justification form that 80 ppl need to sign. . . and the Purchasing Dept can't just use a form you previously submitted for the same company in the same year, oh no. 

Every.Damn.Order over 5K*has* to have a SSJ form submitted with it.  So we end up saving them as PDFs with the signatures already in place and we just change the date each time we place an order.

God help you if you have to order a piece of equipment, like an array scanner or a sequencer.  And we aren't really allowed to have PCards anymore since about 2 years ago a researcher used his to order cyanide (sometimes used in research)  which he then used to poison and kill his wife!  WTF, dude, why couldn't you have just divorced her?  You divorced your 1st wife!  Now you have damned us all to this purchasing hell.

So Sales reps are constantly trying to change PO's after they have received them to give us a discount or add an item that they forgot to bundle, ect. and we have to tell them, over and over, you can't do that!  Don't change the order!!!  Once the PO leaves the university you have to fulfill it exactly as written or all holy hell breaks loose over here and it becomes a never ending ordeal for ME and I don't have time to sort that garbage out.

2.  In the middle of all this, another customer shows up.  In our lobby.  Y'all, we are a manufacturer.  This isn't Target, you don't just drive up, grab a cart, and start shopping.  They are local-ish (2 hr drive), and our local account manager is...challenging.  He told them they could stop by (!), but of course he's not in the area today.  So guess who got to entertain them? 

On the plus side, I think it might actually be a winner.  On the minus side, there was an older dude and a younger dude, and Old Dude took one look at me and said "Oh. We were hoping to speak with someone in engineering."  You show up out of the blue, you can deal with whoever retrieves your ass from Lobby Purgatory, buddy.  I am not an engineer, but for what he was doing, it's not like he needed custom design or electrical troubleshooting, it's off the shelf product.  We chatted in my office, I got shipping to pull a sample out of inventory, they seemed happy, and they went on their way again.

Everything was fine until lunch, and then this afternoon has been ridiculous.  Boooo!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Now I need a moment, if you ladies don't mind.

The bank I work for originates a large number of loans for commercial real estate properties such as Dollar General, Walgreens, CVS, etc. Apparently these loans are a very attractive thing for a bank to have in their portfolio. It is my job to facilitate the sale of these loans to other banks.

Well, all of that would be fine and dandy, but there are several people working on the front end of things who do not do their jobs. This means that when it comes time for me to do my job, I can't do it properly because we are missing important documents, etc. Because I work on the sale side of things and deal with the purchasing banks directly, it becomes my responsibility to babysit everyone and constantly follow up on the items we are missing for our files. People get mad at me for bothering them about this stuff (which should have been taken care of before I even get my hands on the file). It makes me want to pull my hair out.

Why can't people just do their damn job????

• So the cruise was one of my ideas. DS has a fall break, and we could do it then. All we have to do is fly there, get on the damn boat, and relax for a week. My other idea was that during spring break we drive to Disneyland for a few days. No planes involved, not a super long drive. I'm not telling him that we're going backpacking across Europe for a month- I'm choosing the easy options.

And the purse I want is $5k. He would die if I bought it. He wasn't happy at my most recent purse purchase and that was $100.
  • PMeg819 said:
    So the cruise was one of my ideas. DS has a fall break, and we could do it then. All we have to do is fly there, get on the damn boat, and relax for a week. My other idea was that during spring break we drive to Disneyland for a few days. No planes involved, not a super long drive. I'm not telling him that we're going backpacking across Europe for a month- I'm choosing the easy options.

And the purse I want is $5k. He would die if I bought it. He wasn't happy at my most recent purse purchase and that was $100.
    I vote for keeping track of his random purchases and when he hits 2,500 buy your purse, then show him your tally!  We have friends with young kids who also enjoy cruises because of the day care/camp amenities.

Work sucked for me today too.  We have a new controller in charge of commissions and for the 5th month mine was messed up.  They fixed it, but  minutes before they called to discuss my options I blew my ear drum on a neti pot so I wasn't very nice or gracious about it.  Oops.

My next grievance is I think I'm secretly a man.  I always read things about how men are bigger babies than women when they're sick and I am the babiest of all the babies right now.  I need this shit gone.  I'm going dress shopping (yet again) Saturday but this time I'm excited for it and the three girlfriends coming with me will make it a blast so I need to get better so I don't sneeze on someones Maggie Sottero sample ya'know?!
  • I totally needed this today. @PrettyGirlLost I hear you on the university approval for orders. Anytime I need to travel I need to get prior approval to even book travel if any university funds (including my own research funds or start up money) are being used; and it has to be signed off by the department head and the dean. Even if they've already approved the trip, I need separate approval to then go and book the trip. Maddening.

But really H is driving me crazy with the move. We were supposed to finish getting everything in the new (terrible) house this weekend, but with storm that didn't happen. So we're still in the (nice) old house. Fine. 90% of our belongings are moved we just have the stuff we've been using. Tonight H goes "can you actually make a real dinner tonight" (as opposed to the soup and popcorn I could live on and did before we were married). Seriously, what do you want me to cook with?! Everything is in boxes. He's all I don't care I just need real food. Well tough don't pack all my kitchen stuff without telling me where it is and expect a real meal.
  • @kimmiinthemitten haven't you been sick for a few weeks??? I am majorly feeling for you right now!!!

• So to make my crappy day even crappier, I came home from work and DH informed me that our oldest dog, Jackie, was "acting weird". Of course I pressed him for details because "acting weird" just isn't descriptive enough for me. He said she had been laying on the couch all night and wouldn't get up, which is unlike her, and wouldn't eat, which is REALLY unlike her. I got her to get up and as I started looking at her, I noticed that one side of her head is swollen. Part of her neck is swollen too. I'm kind of freaking out right now. I am hoping and praying that it's something minor like a tooth infection or something. My heart just breaks at the thought of losing her. :'(

• good dog vibes, because I know that's scarypants.

I met the Mr., during his lunch break, at the bank to get some paperwork for $ against my retirement notarized (because, unemployed.  I'm not taking much, but some).
    He drives away, I try to drive away, and my car goes tic tic tic tic tic...and car no start.

So I call him to come back.  His parents are in the big D for doctor visits today.  Mine are on a plane to Orlando. we have few options, but call for a tow.  I sat in the parking lot thinking that since this particular branch got robbed repeatedly in the recent past, they've taken awesome security measures--wonder if those extended to the parking lot.

Our mechanic JUST retired, so we got it towed to a random nearby place. 

Alternator and battery need to be replaced and since I live here and have a foreign car, the part will be a day or 2 in getting here. 

But...not working means NBD, kinda?  yay?
  • OOO! Can I join too please ?

1. Met FMIL with DS at the store the other day to pick up double sided tape for wedding invite construction purposes, and a few odds and ends. DS constatnly asks if he can have this dumb hot dog cutter thing, and I always tell him no, because it wont be used and i hate clutter. Guess who got a fucking hot dog cutter anyways ? FMIL has no boundaries.
    2. Filed my taxes online, and my dear friend asked me to do hers. Great. I love bookwork. Then her husband freaked out because I would have his personal info. Um. What ? What do you think I'm going to do with your shitty credit ?
    3. A girl at work has been out due to having her gallbladder removed. She still hasn't gotten approval from her doctor to be put back on the schedule, so everyone had to hold all plans for the next month while we wait to get a new schedule. I hate having to tell vendors I can't meet with them because of scheduling issues.
    4. I really wanted a fucking taco truck for the reception. Bitch is like $1000 an hour to rent. -_-
    5. FI and I have been having open conversations about trying to concieve shortly after we get married, I brought this up to my therapist in regards to how excited I am, in which FI responded by "Well. I'm on the fence now." The fuck ? It is one million percent ok if you are on the fence, and not ready. It is not ok to find out like that.
    6. One of my bridesmaids, also my sister, "forgot" to order her dress, and now it is no longer available. Her suggestion was to go with the floor length black ballgown that she loved so much, that has a slit to her navel, and another to her upper thigh. As my dress is short, so are the other bridesmaids. But no. Floor length hooker dress sounds nice.

• @thefanciestbeckler sending good vibes your way and hopes that Jackie is doing better today!
  • @thefanciestbeckler sending good vibes your way and hopes that Jackie is doing better today!
    Seconded!
  • Heffalump said:

@thefanciestbeckler sending good vibes your way and hopes that Jackie is doing better today!

Seconded!

Thirded!

I feel like this is pretty much a fwp, but tonight I booked myself a massage in my hotel. Long story short, it felt like the guy may as well have been doing this:

Its been a fucking long trip and after sitting in numerous tiny airplane seats and sleeping in unfamiliar beds my back felt like it was ready to snap in half, I just wanted to do something nice. Boo.

• I'm only liking for the pic, @glasgowtolondon.  ;) Boo to a bad massage and shitty beds and airline seats. 

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2016
    I just found out that a show I liked was canceled after 1 season and a cliffhanger ending.  This has ruined my entire morning.  I realize this is very FWP, but I am fucking bummed!
  • I just found out that a show I liked was canceled after 1 season and a cliffhanger ending.  This has ruined my entire morning.  I realize this is very FWP, but I am fucking bummed!

The worst #fwp of them all in my opinion.

• I just found out that a show I liked was canceled after 1 season and a cliffhanger ending.  This has ruined my entire morning.  I realize this is very FWP, but I am fucking bummed!
    Was it the The Whispers?! Your post prompted me to go searching and yup, found out it's not coming back for a second season. I was into it and excited for it to come back.
    Was it the The Whispers?! Your post prompted me to go searching and yup, found out it's not coming back for a second season. I was into it and excited for it to come back.
    It was Hindsight, which weirdly was a VH-1 show and I loved it.  It was so full of 90's goodness and I liked the story too.  

• Argh... my grievance today is that my business partner doesn't remember discussions we had a week ago, then gets mad at me when he screws something up... even though he had the information. And he thinks saying, "Well, I don't remember that discussion" puts the blame on me and makes it all my fault.  And it's for HIS project, that I just happened to have helpful info that I volunteer to him and saved him a lot of time.  I gave him 2 files and he was supposed to confirm which one was correct... which he didn't do and used the wrong one. So, of course it's my fault because I gave him the wrong file (I also gave him the correct one). I would have been better off keeping my mouth shut and let him do things the hard way (causing an extra day of work) without my help.

• OOO! Can I join too please ? 1. Met FMIL with DS at the store the other day to pick up double sided tape for wedding invite construction purposes, and a few odds and ends. DS constatnly asks if he can have this dumb hot dog cutter thing, and I always tell him no, because it wont be used and i hate clutter. Guess who got a fucking hot dog cutter anyways ? FMIL has no boundaries. 2. Filed my taxes online, and my dear friend asked me to do hers. Great. I love bookwork. Then her husband freaked out because I would have his personal info. Um. What ? What do you think I'm going to do with your shitty credit ? 3. A girl at work has been out due to having her gallbladder removed. She still hasn't gotten approval from her doctor to be put back on the schedule, so everyone had to hold all plans for the next month while we wait to get a new schedule. I hate having to tell vendors I can't meet with them because of scheduling issues. 4. I really wanted a fucking taco truck for the reception. Bitch is like $1000 an hour to rent. -_- 5. FI and I have been having open conversations about trying to concieve shortly after we get married, I brought this up to my therapist in regards to how excited I am, in which FI responded by "Well. I'm on the fence now." The fuck ? It is one million percent ok if you are on the fence, and not ready. It is not ok to find out like that. 6. One of my bridesmaids, also my sister, "forgot" to order her dress, and now it is no longer available. Her suggestion was to go with the floor length black ballgown that she loved so much, that has a slit to her navel, and another to her upper thigh. As my dress is short, so are the other bridesmaids. But no. Floor length hooker dress sounds nice.

I think I know what you are talking about!  It cuts the hot dog to "sort of" look like a person?  It really creeped me out, though I'm not sure why.  It does seem like a clutter thing.  I've also occasionally seen a kitchen appliance that is a bit bigger than a toaster and only cooks hot dogs and their buns.  That's all it does.  Talk about clutter for precious counter space.

Grievances:

-There is a huge fire about one mile away from my office building and it has been smelling like a campfire in here all morning.  But at least the fire started at 3:30AM in a commercial building.  So no one has been hurt or injured.  It's just making the downtown reek.

-I need to rent furniture for only one week (house only very occasionally used for AirBnB).  Except Rent A Center completely lied to me about the cost.  Before making the home available for reservations...roughly $200.  Got a reservation and went to get the furniture...now $400, because there is a 2-week minimum that no one bothered to mention to me.  Ummm...hugely important piece of information, jerks.  Cannot even tell you how pi**ed I am.

-Last tenants were a horror (same house).  No notice, stiffed me on rent and bills, left the place damaged and filthy (words can't even describe), stole the two space heaters I graciously let them borrow (yes, the house is heated).  Just noticed last night they also stole the curtain rods.  The CURTAIN RODS!!!  How does this level of incredibly pathetic even exist?  I guess their new landlord doesn't provide curtain rods, so just steal mine?  Wow, unreal.   

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • New next door neighbors have lived in their house for 3 months now. I have yet to sleep past 5:30 during the week since they moved in, since dude likes to start and run his (very) loud truck for 10-15 minutes every morning right outside our bedroom window before going to work. Totally get he has to work but I like to sleep. It's better than the Subaru with the can muffler that he had before, but not by much. Luckily they're renters so fingers crossed they don't stay longer than a year. Or he gets a new, quieter car (this is car #3 for him in three months, wife is on car #2).
  • @Cupcait16 Didn't you complain about that months ago?  Their landlord is obviously doing nothing about it, I'm sorry that sucks!

glasgowtolondon- Ugh, there is nothing  more frustrating than looking forward to something, especially a massage, and being let down!

@thefanciestbeckler I hope your pup is okay!  Keep us posted!  I got sick last week and the cold went away and I had 24 hours of relief and now it's back as a sinus infectionm fun.  I'm having an allergic reaction to the amoxicillin so I'm waiting for my next script to come through so I can go buy some benadryl:(.  Go away germs!  

• Today's grievance:

I am getting bitched at for not getting things done at work. But in the time I'm at work I generally get 200+ emails, multiple phone calls, and a message popping up from someone on instant messenger at least once a hour. HowTF am I supposed to get anything done when no one will leave me alone? Seriously.
  • I don't know if I need to drink or cry or sleep for like a week. But I'm falling apart.

1. As most of you know, H and I are buying our first house. Stressful in and of itself. I'm liquidating a mutual fund to pay for the down payment and I won't have those funds until three days before closing. And I just have to hope that the market goes up between now and then.
    2. My stepdad is being a total asshat and he married some twat. Literally I cannot imagine a worse person. He's trying to pretend she's not the actual worst and trying to make it our (the kids) fault that our relationship is suffering.
    3. H and I currently rent from the stepdad (this was all decided before my mom was sick) and it totally blows living next door to them. I'm seriously considering living with my sister until we close on the house.
    4. My grandma is dying. Last night my uncle didn't flat out tell us not to see her, but that she's pretty unresponsive and doesn't like visitors. I get it. When my mom got to that point we didn't let anyone besides us kids and her husband in to see her. But it sucks because she's had such a huge positive influence on my life and I wanted to tell her that. That I appreciate everything she's done and her life is an inspiration. And I won't get to see her ever again or tell her that.
    5. It's only Wednesday.
    6. Tomorrow is half priced margarita night but H and I need to save every penny to ensure we can cover if my mutual fund goes down any more so I can't go out and drink a giant marg. Why are giant restaurant margaritas so much more satisfying than drinking at home?
    7. I have a cubicle with tall walls and there's filing cabinets on the other wise of my walls. My god damn boss feels the need to knock on every. single. cabinet. every. single. time. he walks by. I want to throw my stapler at him and tell him how fucking annoying it is and I'm trying to fucking work (and/or knot) in here.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards