Wedding Woes

Wednesday is looking a lot like Tuesday

And not in a good way.  More work tomfoolery (why is everyone always surprised that Chinese New Year exists?), and last night was a parade of household tomfoolery, culminating in the cat yakking on the carpeting and DS standing by yelling "Cat did it!  Cat did it!"

I need a break.  My last two days off work have been spent being sick, and having a snow day.  I need the kind of day off that involves a massage, a pedi, and liquor.

Re: Wednesday is looking a lot like Tuesday

• Yes, you need a Heffa day.  Boo to the cat yakking, but I am loling at DS.  

Yesterday went better than expected, but it was still sad.  We had dinner with FIL and it was nice.   We went somewhere we went with the IL's a lot, so not having MIL there definitely felt like something was missing. 

I was talking to my mom about MIL's passing and while there's no 'good' time for a sudden death, I think the timing was horrible with the holidays and then winter.  FIL is making plans to do stuff and he's going on a trip in May for DH's cousin's wedding and then to go hang with his brother in San Fran.  He also said that he's had a lot of people dropping in to hang with him.  It sounds like friends have been coming by about once a week or so, which is wonderful.  I pray spring brings even more hope and better spirits for everyone. 

The boots DH ordered for my bday come today!  DH's bday present came yesterday and I was so happy to have something to give him. :D  
  • And they just struck down Sunday carry-out sales in our state...again.  I hate back-asswardness of this type of shit.  Fucking package liquor lobby. 
  • I just found out that I need a professional headshot by Friday. Fun times. 
    Luckily (?) Prime Now has a reflector set and a studio lighting set that isn't crazy expensive, so I guess I'm going to be doing a "professional" selfie shoot, tonight. I'll need to swing by the fabric store to see if i can find a decent backdrop. I'd prefer to do outdoor shots, but I don't think that would be the norm with my office. 
  • I have apparently lost my husband's paychecks. And they're signed.

My usually together and well organized brain is mush.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I have apparently lost my husband's paychecks. And they're signed.

POAS!

Sorry, we haven't had one of those in a while.
  • tawillers said:

I have apparently lost my husband's paychecks. And they're signed.

POAS!

Sorry, we haven't had one of those in a while.

OH GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Why can't I make that bigger?! I'm certain it's stress. Buying our first house, my stepdad is a total doucheface (and we rent a house from him), my grandma is dying, it's just a ton of shit.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • And they just struck down Sunday carry-out sales in our state...again.  I hate back-asswardness of this type of shit.  Fucking package liquor lobby. 

Sorry, what? Where is this a thing so know never to be there on a Sunday.

Yesterday was a dry day in india as it was Republic day. This was basically me and my colleague.

They even emptied the mini bar, the sly bastards.

• My first phone call this morning was a guest telling me there is a 6 alarm fire across the street from one of the properties I manage.     Now this is in NOLA and I live in CO, so I'm not there in person.   

Good news to my knowledge no one was hurt. While the other buildings are in danger of collapsing, we are far enough away not to be affected.

Bad news is we have smoke damage.   I've already had to move one guest.  One building is still on fire (maybe just hot spots) so we are in a holding pattern with the guests coming in this weekend for some Mardi Gras parades.

Fun, fun

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
    Sorry, what? Where is this a thing so know never to be there on a Sunday. Yesterday was a dry day in india as it was Republic day. This was basically me and my colleague. They even emptied the mini bar, the sly bastards.
    How did they have a mid-week public holiday with no booze?! I was talking with one of my Indian colleagues today and he didn't mention the dry aspect. 
    Sorry, what? Where is this a thing so know never to be there on a Sunday. Yesterday was a dry day in india as it was Republic day. This was basically me and my colleague. They even emptied the mini bar, the sly bastards.
    I live in Indiana.  You can buy alcohol at restaurants and you can buy beer and wine from breweries and wineries on Sunday.  But you cannot buy booze on Sunday from the grocery store and liquor stores are closed.  We also can't buy cold beer in a grocery store or gas station. 

We've adapted to getting our "Sunday beer" on Saturday, but it is still fucking ridiculous.  But IN likes to think that we're south of the mason-dixon and acts as such.  
    I live in Indiana.  You can buy alcohol at restaurants and you can buy beer and wine from breweries and wineries on Sunday.  But you cannot buy booze on Sunday from the grocery store and liquor stores are closed.  We also can't buy cold beer in a grocery store or gas station. 

We've adapted to getting our "Sunday beer" on Saturday, but it is still fucking ridiculous.  But IN likes to think that we're south of the mason-dixon and acts as such.  
    Yes.  When I lived in Chicagoland, Indiana was the Alabama of the North.  Pickup trucks with Confederate flags draped across the back window and such.

I've mentioned this before, but moving from boozy Chicago to the Bible belt was an education.  I couldn't find the hard liquor at the grocery store--beer and wine, check, but shouldn't the tequila be around here somewhere?  Then I drove to a liquor store to get some, only to learn that it was closed on Sundays. 

https33mediatumblrcom5b2fc934eed620dad0cb0d79b72420abtumblr_mquafjxlkN1qd93bpo1_500gif

• It's ine of those mornings I'm embarrassed about what I've done. 2.5 dozen eggy muffins l, 6 dozen meatballs, and 2 meatloafs. Tonight is card club.
  • I smell like meatballs so I'm going to have to keep some distance at preschool pickup.
  • Yep, Wednesday is definitely looking a lot like Tuesday. Called the vet this morning to see if they can see Jackie today. Apparently Wednesday is their surgery day, so they don't do regular appointments. They want us to bring her anyways because they are really concerned about her symptoms. The doc is going to look at her between surgeries or at the very end of the day, and they want to keep her overnight :'(

Immediately following that call to the vet, my manager asked me to come into her office, and there I have been for the last 3 hours dealing with the same crap as yesterday. Thankfully she knows that the problems I'm encountering at work are due to other peoples' negligence. Now I can't get focused. Ugh.

• We've adapted to getting our "Sunday beer" on Saturday, but it is still fucking ridiculous.  But IN likes to think that we're south of the mason-dixon and acts as such.  
    TX lets you buy booze between 12 and 5 on Sundays. We don't have liquor in grocery stores, though. :-(
  • Today my office is having a BBQ for the employees and so they can all meet the new director. I just finished cutting 4 heads of lettuce, 10 onions, and about 16 tomatoes. I managed to not cut myself with a knife but alas, I cut myself trying to get the new knives out of their packaging.. F that. My office looks like a kitchen and smells like onions :(

Also today was my "Health Risk Assessment". It was either go get your blood drawn and get weighed or pay $75. NO EXCEPTIONS.

But on the bright side, I had the most amazing massage last night :) And I'm still feeling pretty good.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @thefanciestbecklerI'm sorry.  Hope the pup is ok.
  • Also today was my "Health Risk Assessment". It was either go get your blood drawn and get weighed or pay $75. NO EXCEPTIONS.

That's some pretty serious BS.
  • I reached a level of angry yesterday about the divorce situation that I hadn't been at for awhile.  It's always so exhausting when it does happen.  I was most of a bottle of wine in when a friend messaged me and asked me to come hang out.  Said friend then kindly came and picked me up/brought me home so I could hang out.  It was wonderful, kind, and so necessary.  I got to vent, which I needed.  

I'm just cashed today.  I'm sleepy, my period is hemming and hawwing about showing up, and I can't concentrate.  I almost called in sick this morning b/c of it all, but it feels so stupid to do that.   
  • Heffalump said:

Also today was my "Health Risk Assessment". It was either go get your blood drawn and get weighed or pay $75. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Husband's work does this. It's a little less mandatory but there is some serious monetary incentive to do it for them. So everyone does it. I actually love it because DH likes to play that he's so healthy but he eats crap, doesn't work out, and hates going to the doctor for check-ups. Last year his blood work and vitals were getting into the high range. I won't lie, I cackled at that. Serves him right for bitching about me making him eat healthy.

Anyways, I wish it was Friday although I do agree it feels like Tuesday if not Monday. I am beyond stressed about work, and as a result I'm sleeping like crap. I really think that I need to change positions. I've said this for ages, but I started looking at the internal job postings today and I think now is the time for me to do this. I love my industry but I have no passion for what I do, which I did once upon a time. The more I get into this role, the more I start to realize that my strengths and weaknesses are not matched to it.

I also think I'm going to look into joining the gym near my house. I miss the place I worked out at near our old house, and I just do not have the drive to workout at home. Mentally, I just need to exercise. It will help with all the stress right now.
  • Heffalump said:

Yes it is. This is the first year they are trying it, so we will see how it all goes over. FI went to get his HRA today, thinking his appt was today when it was actually on Friday, but they still did it for him. FI and I work for the same place, so he understands when I bitch about work things.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • *Barbie* said:

And they just struck down Sunday carry-out sales in our state...again.  I hate back-asswardness of this type of shit.  Fucking package liquor lobby. 

Sorry, what? Where is this a thing so know never to be there on a Sunday.

Yesterday was a dry day in india as it was Republic day. This was basically me and my colleague.

They even emptied the mini bar, the sly bastards.

How did they have a mid-week public holiday with no booze?! I was talking with one of my Indian colleagues today and he didn't mention the dry aspect. 

Yeah, booze is pretty much how I celebrate anything. Why the f would I have a public holiday without? But they have about 12-ish dry days a year and its always public days like republic day, farmers day, or indira ghandi day. In fact 3 dry days are in January alone, I'm lucky I only stumbled on one of them!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards