Wedding Invitations & Paper

Wedding website and invitations

Is it acceptable to include the wedding website on a separate small card with the engagement party invitations? 

Re: Wedding website and invitations

• Is it acceptable to include the wedding website on a separate small card with the engagement party invitations? 
    Are you throwing yourself an engagement party?  Because that's the real no-no.
  • No my parents are hosting 
  • No my parents are hosting 
    Are you 100% confident that everyone invited to the wedding?   (Granted, they should be).
  • Oh yes. Absolutely. 
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2016
    Engagement parties are not traditionally gift giving occasions, so I do not think including your wedding website is really appropriate.  JMHO.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • When would people normally find out about it? 
  • Most people put their website on their STDs and/or as an insert with their invitations.
  • Yeah, we're putting our website info in an insert with the wedding invitations. I did send the link to my parents and FI's when I set it up, and they have spread it around with a few other relatives. I figure if people ask, I can let them know, but the only time it may actually be useful for most guests is if they choose to RSVP online/ need addresses or phone numbers for hotel blocks. Engagement stories and photos may be cute for us and our parents, but I don't think most guests are dying to browse the site on these merits alone. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • CMGragain said:
    Engagement parties are not traditionally gift giving occasions, so I do not think including your wedding website is really appropriate.  JMHO.
    The website includes information other than registry (some don't include registries). On daughter's website they included hotel block info and things to do around the city - along with stuff like wedding party and pictures. So on the save the dates we put "For more information website address". However, since it is just an engagement party I agree that it isn't necessary even though everyone there must be invited to the wedding.
  • I don't think it would be necessary for an engagement party invitation. You'll be sending out that information with the actual invite or STD if you do one anyway, no need to send it 3 times. 
  • It's acceptable, but I agree it's not really necessary. In fact, it almost seems a bit soon, like overkill, for the engagement party invitations. I mean, you just got engaged, are having a party to celebrate, and you already have a website with info on the wedding? 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • okay, thanks everybody! I didn't know if I needed to be working on that soon but I'll put it off :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards