Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Who should I invite to the rehearsal dinner?

My mom and I can't come to an agreement on who we should invite to the rehearsal dinner. I want to invite the bridal party, my siblings, fiance's sibling and family, my parents, his parents, his step dad, our grandparents, and the officiant and his wife. However, three of my cousins are my flower girls. I need to invite them with their parents. If I do that my mom is concerned about leaving out all other aunts and uncles. Inviting all of them would bring our numbers up from 40 to 58. I am trying to keep the rehearsal dinner small. We are having all of them come to the wedding the next day. Our wedding guest number is 105. Any suggestions on what we should do?

Re: Who should I invite to the rehearsal dinner?

• Options
    Anyone who is at the rehearsal should be invited, along with their dates (or parents for the flower girls). If the hosts want to invite additional people beyond those asked to attend the rehearsal they may, but it is not required.
  • Options
    Anyone who is at the rehearsal should be invited, along with their dates (or parents for the flower girls). If the hosts want to invite additional people beyond those asked to attend the rehearsal they may, but it is not required.

Exactly this.  I will also add that too many people at the RD dinner can make it feel like a mini reception...but the host is the one who gets the ultimate say as it is their money
  • Options
    I answered on your other post. In the future, be sure to put XP in the title so everyone knows it's a cross-post.

• Options
    Who is paying for the rehearsal dinner?  Unless it's your mom, she doesn't have a say.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards