New York-Long Island
Options

HiLite Studios in Commack & Westbury

Has anyone ever used Hilite Studios? Any reviews about them? I've googled some reviews and they all seem good but I was wondering what you guys think of them.

Re: HiLite Studios in Commack & Westbury

• Options
    dunnkatdunnkat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im booked with them, when I met with them they were very nice and down to earth.I told them my budget which was only 1500, and they gave me exactly what I wanted. Also they explained that you can always purchase books later after the wedding in order to save money. I don't know how other photographers work but they ask for 1/3 to book, 1/3 the day of , and the final payment upon receipt of your order which definitely helped me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     After shopping around for weeks (literally) for a photographer, my husband and I finally found a business that was beyond “ideal”. We knew what we wanted, which was definitely a video and two photographers for our wedding day. We figured it was going to be the best day of our lives and we wanted pictures and a video to remember it by. (If you’re a girl as cheesy as me, I plan to watch that video every anniversary and take out that photo album every year)  After all you do only get married once!                                                                 Our wedding date was 10-10-10 J . Happened to be the “coolest” date at the time and a perfect weekend/month to get married, but for everyone else getting married that day it was difficult to find a lot of vendors in general to be available. Our photographer was the last thing we had to book.I can not tell you how comfortable Mike and Jim at Hi-Lite Studios made us feel when we walked into their Commack studio. They sat us down and basically asked us what we wanted, and worked with us so that they knew what was to be done on our wedding day. Not once did they push us on adding on “extras” like everyone else did. They were kind enough though to tell us what features were available, and what they were capable of doing. They explained to us what certain things meant, if we had questions they answered us, and both of them were just laid back and relaxing. They made our stressful shopping time much easier. The price they gave us to have a combo of two photographers and a video to be taken was phenomenal! They even gave us complimentary “extras” just because. Not only did I receive a copy of my wedding day video, but both sets of parents as well. All my proofs were given back to me, and they were kind enough to even make a DVD of them, so that we could email them to family and friends. What we liked best about Hi-Lite studios was that they were some what “old fashioned”. Yes they have the technology of other photographers, but they keep the traditions of an older style wedding in tack. My husband and I are not older either; we are in our mid 20’s. Our wedding day could have not been more complete without Hi-Lite studios being our photographer. They were on time, came earlier then planned originally as requested by the bride, who actually ended up making them wait! Haha sorry guys. They were properly dressed for the occasion, took multiple pictures, and different shots and poses. Not once did I have a complaint from family or friends that they were rude, in the way, or anything.Looking at our wedding proofs a few months after was absolutely breath-taking. It was so hard to choose just 100 photos for our albums because out of 300 or so pictures each one was fantastic! Not only did they capture things that I was not able to see that day, but my proofs told a story of how well my day went. Our video we were able to take home sooner to enjoy.  Watching the ceremony and the reception on DVD for over an hour, with added in clips of us throughout the years of how our relationship unfolded was just so significant.  After reviewing the page layouts of my album, I couldn’t wait to receive it! I sat in the studio and was asking for a box of tissues because I was crying over how well my album came out. The amount of time and craftsmanship that they had put into my album was truly able to show its colors.I can not thank Hi-Lite studios enough for the wonderful memories it has given me for the rest of my life. I would hope that for you future brides out there, this review will at least get you to visit them. I’m telling you, you will not be disappointed. I remember shopping around for all these vendors and all I did was read these reviews online, and find out from family and friends who was good or not. Looked to see if they have worked at the reception hall before hand, and considered is it because the price is so high that they will be better? Mike and Jim just happen to be two really nice guys, who are honest, personable, VERY talented, and who I would consider to be great family friends. Thanks again Hi-Lite studios! Sincerely, Kristen and Justin P.s. We made it onto their wall in there studio too! Talk about us being famous now! haha  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards