Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Opinions on Sandals Registry

Re: Opinions on Sandals Registry

• Options
    Like PP's have said, no one here will give you advice on how to execute something that is rude, so that's why no one is "actually answering" you.

What you're asking is akin to "how much did you charge for beer at your cash bar" or "which cute poem should I include in my invitations to ask for cash instead of boxed gifts."  The consensus has been don't.  Like it or not, it's an "actual answer."
  • Options
    Listen up girls - I do not need any of your opinions on my registry. Ya'll are getting way off topic from my original post. If you want to just discuss about how rude you think I'm being then why don't you start your own post? I honestly from the very bottom of my heart do not care what ya'll think about my Sandals registry. I asked a very simple question pertaining to experiences dealing with a Sandals registry. If you cannot answer my question then don't leave a comment. You are not being productive. As all of you should have already been able to tell - I will not change my mind.
    PP's did answer your question - most people on here haven't and won't do the registry you suggest, and they told you why. No one can stop you from being rude and tacky if thats what you really want to do, but you can never say you didn't know. 
    I'm not rude or tacky. If they can't answer me that is fine but why try and shove your own opinion down someone's throat? I am very curious though to understand why everyone is getting their panties in a wad over my post. It really was a simple question.  
  • Options
    Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Spin your question back on yourself.  Why are you shoving your registry down our throats and expecting us to change our answers?  I'm very curious to understand why your panties are in a wad over our not answering in the way you deem appropriate?
  • Options
    This forum is highly etiquette driven, and people will call out ideas that they think inappropriate if they are posted. If you write a post on TK asking for registry advice, but don't want any posts unless somebody has experience in a Honeymoon registry, it is like writing to Dear Abby disclosing how you plan on belching the ABCs at your MILs funeral, but need advice on what soda will help you build enough gas to do so. Sorry, but Abby's going to tell you you're in the wrong. And publish it for the world to see.
    Hate to break it to you but there are a ton of women on here that think differently. They just don't want to post because of the backlash anyone new gets. Your example was quite comical though. Too bad it is an extreme exaggeration.  
  • Options
    Like PP's have said, no one here will give you advice on how to execute something that is rude, so that's why no one is "actually answering" you.

What you're asking is akin to "how much did you charge for beer at your cash bar" or "which cute poem should I include in my invitations to ask for cash instead of boxed gifts."  The consensus has been don't.  Like it or not, it's an "actual answer."
    It never hurts to ask a question. If they can't answer me so be it. Like it or not, the opinions I have received are not an actual answer to my question.
  • Options
    Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Spin your question back on yourself.  Why are you shoving your registry down our throats and expecting us to change our answers?  I'm very curious to understand why your panties are in a wad over our not answering in the way you deem appropriate?
    I am not expecting different results. I do not care for your approval. I have stated that many times. I haven't tried to force you into liking my registry. Like I've said before, I do not care what ya'll think. I asked a simple question and it. I have said several times that if my question can't be answer that it's OK. It doesn't upset me one bit that someone can't answer. What I can't understand are all of the totally off topic comments everyone is posting.

• Options
    This forum is highly etiquette driven, and people will call out ideas that they think inappropriate if they are posted. If you write a post on TK asking for registry advice, but don't want any posts unless somebody has experience in a Honeymoon registry, it is like writing to Dear Abby disclosing how you plan on belching the ABCs at your MILs funeral, but need advice on what soda will help you build enough gas to do so. Sorry, but Abby's going to tell you you're in the wrong. And publish it for the world to see.
    Hate to break it to you but there are a ton of women on here that think differently. They just don't want to post because of the backlash anyone new gets. Your example was quite comical though. Too bad it is an extreme exaggeration.  
    To bolded one: Why would you be here if you don't agree? It's 100% fine not to agree, but the atmosphere of this forum, as I said, is highly etiquette-driven. And if you get butt-hurt over our spin on wedding conversations, then by all means, find a forum that fits your views better.

To bolded two: Hyperbole serves a rhetorical purpose if it gets the point across.

Evidently, though, I need to devise even more outlandish scenarios.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    To bolded one: Why would you be here if you don't agree? It's 100% fine not to agree, but the atmosphere of this forum, as I said, is highly etiquette-driven. And if you get butt-hurt over our spin on wedding conversations, then by all means, find a forum that fits your views better.

To bolded two: Hyperbole serves a rhetorical purpose if it gets the point across.

I love TK website so I definitely won't be leaving. Hell, TK is where I found out about resort registries. I also have not gotten butt-hurt over this post. If anything, it has been entertainment to watch everyone get so defensive when I won't conform to the "norm". Do you see why these comments are unnecessary? I asked a question about experiences with a certain registry. I just do not see the point in ya'll commenting if the advice given is not constructive. It's OK for me to ask a question that ya'll do not agree with. It was a simple question that needed a simple answer. Not all of this garbage that is happening now.
  • Options
    Listen up girls - I do not need any of your opinions on my registry. Ya'll are getting way off topic from my original post. If you want to just discuss about how rude you think I'm being then why don't you start your own post? I honestly from the very bottom of my heart do not care what ya'll think about my Sandals registry. I asked a very simple question pertaining to experiences dealing with a Sandals registry. If you cannot answer my question then don't leave a comment. You are not being productive. As all of you should have already been able to tell - I will not change my mind.
    PP's did answer your question - most people on here haven't and won't do the registry you suggest, and they told you why. No one can stop you from being rude and tacky if thats what you really want to do, but you can never say you didn't know. 
    I'm not rude or tacky. If they can't answer me that is fine but why try and shove your own opinion down someone's throat? I am very curious though to understand why everyone is getting their panties in a wad over my post. It really was a simple question.  
    Well I'm not wearing any panties, so I guess I must be okay. It seems like only you are getting worked up, everyone else is pretty much just rolling their eyes. 

Maybe you need to seek out the 'ton of women' on here that agree with you because they don't seem to have gotten the memo.
    I definitely haven't gotten upset over this. It's quite entertaining actually. I find it so silly that so many people feel obligated to post about the etiquette of my registry when I never brought that point into question. If I needed opinions I would have posted on the Etiquette board. What I was hoping for was people who have used registries before to give me insight on how they liked them.
  • Options
    Do you REALLY want to do all these excursions?  Don't you want time to just sit and veg on the beach?  Don't you want to sleep in with your new husband and fuck on the veranda at 2 in the afternoon?  Do you really really want to be running to and fro trying to get to the candlelight dinner on the beach, swimming with the dolphins, ziplining, snorkling, etc?  How about you just take the checks and buy margaritas by the pool, chocolate chip pancakes served in bed, and maybe even a ziplining tour BUT ONLY BECAUSE YOU WANT IT!!!! NOT because someone gifted it to you and now you HAVE to do it or you forfeit your gift.  That sounds lame.
  • Options
    adk19 said:
    Do you REALLY want to do all these excursions?  Don't you want time to just sit and veg on the beach?  Don't you want to sleep in with your new husband and fuck on the veranda at 2 in the afternoon?  Do you really really want to be running to and fro trying to get to the candlelight dinner on the beach, swimming with the dolphins, ziplining, snorkling, etc?  How about you just take the checks and buy margaritas by the pool, chocolate chip pancakes served in bed, and maybe even a ziplining tour BUT ONLY BECAUSE YOU WANT IT!!!! NOT because someone gifted it to you and now you HAVE to do it or you forfeit your gift.  That sounds lame.
    We do want to do the excursions. And my fiance doesn't drink so I'm not interested in margaritas by the pool. We can't stand being lazy. We are very excited about the adventure - not the relaxation. 
  • Options

I love TK website so I definitely won't be leaving. Hell, TK is where I found out about resort registries. I also have not gotten butt-hurt over this post. If anything, it has been entertainment to watch everyone get so defensive when I won't conform to the "norm". Do you see why these comments are unnecessary? I asked a question about experiences with a certain registry. I just do not see the point in ya'll commenting if the advice given is not constructive. It's OK for me to ask a question that ya'll do not agree with. It was a simple question that needed a simple answer. Not all of this garbage that is happening now.
    Yeah the simple answer is don't have a honeymoon registry because they're tacky. People gave you the simple answer. 
    Once again, that is not an answer to my question.
  • Options
    crowsgirl15crowsgirl15 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2016

They're trying to save you from being rude to your guests, not trying to make you conform to the "norm". If you're dead set on the rudeness, why does it even matter what others experiences with a Sandals registry are? They're the same as every other Honeymoon registry, and you clearly want to do it...so go for it. Good luck.

(edited for autocorrect)

• Options
    adk19 said:

• Options
    Well I'm not wearing any panties, so I guess I must be okay. It seems like only you are getting worked up, everyone else is pretty much just rolling their eyes. 

Maybe you need to seek out the 'ton of women' on here that agree with you because they don't seem to have gotten the memo.
    I definitely haven't gotten upset over this. It's quite entertaining actually. I find it so silly that so many people feel obligated to post about the etiquette of my registry when I never brought that point into question. If I needed opinions I would have posted on the Etiquette board. What I was hoping for was people who have used registries before to give me insight on how they liked them.
    Most of the ladies here are smart enough to know that a honeymoon registry is stupid, rude and a financially dumb decision.  Most.
  • Options
    Viczaesar said:
    I can't take it anymore; I simply must say something.  It's Y'ALL, not ya'll.  The apostrophe stands for the missing letters, i.e. the 'ou' of you.  There are no missing letters in the word all.
    If I could love this 1000x, I would.

If you have to explain that you're not rude or tacky, then you are probably doing something that's considered rude or tacky.  Otherwise, it would be understood.  It's like those brides who interject how "laid back" they are into the middle of a story about how bridesmaid #5 has been slow to respond to weekly wedding update texts and hasn't signed up for a time slot to stuff envelopes yet.  If you have to say it...

httpss-media-cache-ak0pinimgcom736x3fb1e13fb1e155114f1523af8e82542e13fe92jpg

• Options
    There are tons of free things to do at sandals to keep you busy (water sports, daily events, shows, etc...) so why don't you just do those and not be rude to your guests (sorry family/friends since you aren't actually inviting them just expecting them to give you gifts) by registering somewhere that takes a 10% cut of what they give you. Then if people do send you checks/cash you can always use that to do an excursion or candlelight dinner.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you want adventure and don't drink and don't want to be lazy, why are you even going to Sandals? 
    Because there is a tons of fun stuff we want to do. Plus, the place is beautiful.
  • Options

Viczaesar said:
    I can't take it anymore; I simply must say something.  It's Y'ALL, not ya'll.  The apostrophe stands for the missing letters, i.e. the 'ou' of you.  There are no missing letters in the word all.
    You don't have anything better to do? I have always seen it spelled ya'll and this has nothing to do with the post....
  • Options

JoanE2012 said:

Most of the ladies here are smart enough to know that a honeymoon registry is stupid, rude and a financially dumb decision.  Most.

I happen to think it's a wonderful idea. Especially when I have a lot of immediate family overseas and this works perfectly for them.
  • Options

They're trying to save you from being rude to your guests, not trying to make you conform to the "norm". If you're dead set on the rudeness, why does it even matter what others experiences with a Sandals registry are? They're the same as every other Honeymoon registry, and you clearly want to do it...so go for it. Good luck.

(edited for autocorrect)
    A Sandals registry isn't rude so I am definitely not being rude to my guests. 
  • Options

Heffalump said:
    Viczaesar said:
    If I could love this 1000x, I would.

If you have to explain that you're not rude or tacky, then you are probably doing something that's considered rude or tacky.  Otherwise, it would be understood.  It's like those brides who interject how "laid back" they are into the middle of a story about how bridesmaid #5 has been slow to respond to weekly wedding update texts and hasn't signed up for a time slot to stuff envelopes yet.  If you have to say it...

httpss-media-cache-ak0pinimgcom736x3fb1e13fb1e155114f1523af8e82542e13fe92jpg

I have to explain that it's not rude or tacky because none of you seem to understand that. 
  • Options

(edited for autocorrect)
    But.....are these people even your guests?

• Options

(edited for autocorrect)
    They will be via live-stream. Although, I do not see how that is anyone's business. I didn't get on here to start a debate on the idea of my registry. I don't understand why everyone wants to hang up on that. 
  • Options

(edited for autocorrect)
    They will be via live-stream. Although, I do not see how that is anyone's business. I didn't get on here to start a debate on the idea of my registry. I don't understand why everyone wants to hang up on that. 
    You can only control what you post-not how anyone responds to it.

And the act of posting here is prima facie "asking for our opinions" on whatever we choose to say - whether or not you specifically requested that we reply in a certain way (which you're not entitled to), whether or not you want to hear our opinions, and whether or not you agree with them.
  • Options

(edited for autocorrect)
    This is so ridiculous that it is laughable. People here are only going to tell you that a honeymoon registry is tacky (because it is). If that's not the answer you want, ask someone who validate you. But stop trying to get a different answer here.

This is like if you wanted 1+1 to equal 3, and kept pressing the calculator over and over hoping for that result. It just isn't going to happen.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards