Wedding Reception Forum

Need advice on center pieces!

Hey everyone, im not very creative nor do I have much time for DIY things but I was in pier one the other day and saw these beautiful glass cloches:
Some what impulsively I bought 25 of them for each of my table center pieces. I envisioned white pumpkins with our table numbers on them inside of the cloches.- long story short, im starting to have buyers remorse. I spent a lot of money and the white pumpkins against a white table cloth is just going to be bland. I don't think I can return them at this point either (unfortunately, BC I was shocked at the final price).
I asked a florist for some thoughts but I'm just beginning to lean toward ditching the idea :(
- help!

Re: Need advice on center pieces!

• Could you not spray paint the pumpkins a different colour to match your colour scheme, instead of having them white?  
  • I guess I could try one and see how it looks. My main concern is actually avoiding too much DIY. I work in a hospital and don't have much time to work on things. Maybe if I used fake pumpkins I could start earlier.....
  • Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2016
    When did you buy them?  Pier one has a 45 day from purchase return policy for a full refund.  After that they will give you store credit.

You could also try selling them on ebay or even on here in the classified board or possibly on a local FB group in your hometown.

But have you considered changing your tablecloths to a color?  That way you can keep your white pumpkins and won't have to worry about doing any DIY.

• Considering changing the linen color. I'll just have to find out how much more that will cost. I'd hate to spend more money for idea I'm not in love with. I need to see it all put together to really know though!
  • Was also considering trying to sell them. Unfortunately I'm outside the 45 day window. But I think id have to sell locally and they're fragile and difficult to ship safely.
  • OP, if you can't change the whole table cloth color, you might be able to put a colored napkin under the cloche in order to break up the white on white.  (Sometimes venues don't charge for colored napkins; ours didn't if we chose from 5 or 6 "on hand" colors.)  Otherwise, could you add some greenery under the cloche with the pumpkin to add both color and dimension?
    Anniversary

• There are so many gorgeous centerpieces you could do with these, we were actually going to use these for our centerpieces at one point but decided to go another route.  Are you using a florist?  If so, give them to your florist and she can create something gorgeous using them (putting flowers inside on top of a mirrored plate, lights or candles inside, ect.) This way you save money by purchasing your own materials and you do not have to DIY too much because she can handle the rest.
  • JaxInBlue said:
    OP, if you can't change the whole table cloth color, you might be able to put a colored napkin under the cloche in order to break up the white on white.  (Sometimes venues don't charge for colored napkins; ours didn't if we chose from 5 or 6 "on hand" colors.)  Otherwise, could you add some greenery under the cloche with the pumpkin to add both color and dimension?
    OP definitely consider @JaxInBlue's idea. Another option would be to add a colored table runner that would go under each cloche.
  • Thanks everyone! I'll have to contact my venue and check those options! I'm also checking with my baker to see if maybe having cupcakes or separate small cakes on each table under the cloches would be an option! Just throwing all kinds of ideas out there. The wedding is going to be classic/formal- So i'm trying to not let the pumpkin idea get too far toward rustic, if we go that route. 
  • Thanks everyone! I'll have to contact my venue and check those options! I'm also checking with my baker to see if maybe having cupcakes or separate small cakes on each table under the cloches would be an option! Just throwing all kinds of ideas out there. The wedding is going to be classic/formal- So i'm trying to not let the pumpkin idea get too far toward rustic, if we go that route. 
    Three issues with separate cakes and cupcakes at each table:
    1.people may eat them while waiting for dinner or in between courses
    2.some people are grossed out by having strangers cut and serve cake (did they wash their hands after the went to the restroom)?
    3. What if no one volunteers to cut the cakes? I know when I'm dressed up I'm not leaving into a 6 foot table to cut ans serve the 8 people I'm seated with.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards